Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford fan in critical condition after an unprovoked assault (with link to donate)

Comments

• Yep, get well soon.
    Hope they catch the knuckle draggers responsible.
  • Always been the same at Wolves
  • Terrible, but not surprising. You always have to keep your head down to and from Wolves.
  • Hope the guy pulls through.

What a fucking tip that place is.
  • Only when they out-number smaller groups
  • brogib said:

Only when they out-number smaller groups

The usual unfortunately
  • Poxy Wolverhampton.
    Some real hard bastard broke my nose up there in 1970.
    I was 8.
  • Hope they catch them quickly. Cowards.
  • Poxy Wolverhampton.
    I was 8.

What the...
    That's sick

• Guaranteed this poor bloke wasn't a trouble maker, but just a normal football fan wearing a Watford shirt.

Wolves really do have a scummy element, I remember being about 14 or 15 up there when Phil Chapple equalised in the last minute. When I was walking back to the coach some scummy c*** who looked like he hadn't washed for a few weeks clumped me round the ear and called me a cockney b'stard. Being very young and outnumbered I just carried on walking.

Hope they find the gutless cowards that did this and throw the book at them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    Some clubs always seem to have a bigger bunch of c following them than others - Wolves, Newcastle, Chelsea, Leeds spring to mind
  • edited March 2015

Some clubs always seem to have a bigger bunch of c following them than others - Wolves, Newcastle, Chelsea, Leeds spring to mind

Don't forget Birmingham, Bristol City, West Ham and of course our Bermondsey friends.

I hope they catch the arse who did this.
  • Kenny Jackett really picks his teams. Hope the person pulls through. A difficult time for his family.
  • edited March 2015
    Add Boro to the list.
    Reckon the worse the place, the worse the supposed fans are.
  • Its a horrible walk through the subway to the train station, why don'y they just place a few police down there post match ?
  • Add Boro to the list.
    Reckon the worse the place, the worse the supposed fans are.

I had one of their knuckle draggers threaten to "do me" after the quarter final their. Only reason nothing happened was a few of their's told him to behave himself and he melted off.
    Shrew said:

Its a horrible walk through the subway to the train station, why don'y they just place a few police down there post match ?

Every fan up and down the land knows about that subway so like you say why don't they put some OB down there?
  • Horrible place. Most of them appear pretty backward.
  • Add Cardiff to the list.
  • edited March 2015
    Birmingham, Wolves, West Brom...........3 of the worst away days there are. Surprisingly, never had any problems at Villa.

Hope the Watford fan pulls through this but it doesn't sound good at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Poxy Wolverhampton.
    I was 8.

I looked at this thread and was surprised not to see this in the first 5 posts.
  • brogib said:
    As nasty as this is, what is the fund for? (genuine question). Have the NHS started charging now?
  • E-cafc said:

Birmingham, Wolves, West Brom...........3 of the worst away days there are. Surprisingly, never had any problems at Villa.

Hope the Watford fan pulls through this but it doesn't sound good at the moment.

Don't forget Coventry, Leicester and Stoke. Something in the water in the Midlands.
  • Last time I went up there was 97, can't recall the result, but I do remember drinking in a pub called the Wanderer before the game, had no hassle but I was on my own & I don't wear colours, mind you i spoke quietly when ordering a pint.....can anyone recall the score, may have been 3-1 to them.
  • Very sad; having lived through 70's and 80's football does seem to be heading back that way. Not sure how it can be stopped.
    The Forestiere dive probably didn't help keep people calm though
  • Last time I went up there was 97, can't recall the result, but I do remember drinking in a pub called the Wanderer before the game, had no hassle but I was on my own & I don't wear colours, mind you i spoke quietly when ordering a pint.....can anyone recall the score, may have been 3-1 to them.

Yes 1.3 in the league and then we played them up there in an FA Cup 4th Round replay and lost 0.3. Think that was the night when that scum Muscat finished Matty Holmes career.

• edited March 2015

brogib said:
    As nasty as this is, what is the fund for? (genuine question). Have the NHS started charging now?
    Probably to help his family pay the mortgage/ bills as he won't be going to work seeing as some inadequate low life c*** has put him in hospital over a game of football I would imagine.
    It says the fund is to help the injured chaps "supporting of Watford for the next few years"
  • E-cafc said:

Totally agree with Birmingham enjoyed the time we went up to West Brom and also agree never had any hassle at Villa....mind you it helps that my wifes cousins are big Villa fans.
  • se9addick said:

brogib said:
    Probably to help his family pay the mortgage/ bills as he won't be going to work seeing as some inadequate low life c*** has put him in hospital over a game of football I would imagine.
    It says the fund is to help the injured chaps "supporting of Watford for the next few years"
    Maybe miss worded by whoever wrote it.

I personally think the intention of the fund is to show that the football supporting community (active or not) can pull together to help out 'one of our own'.