Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford fan in critical condition after an unprovoked assault (with link to donate)

Comments

• Options
    ..if the fella lives and if he can still manage to get to football, what's wrong with him spending the dough on going football?
  • Options
    brogib said:

..if the fella lives and if he can still manage to get to football, what's wrong with him spending the dough on going football?

Nothing - that's clearly stated as the purpose of the fund and if people want to donate money to that cause then he is perfectly entitled to spend it for that purpose.
  • Options
    So sad and puts things into perspective.

Hope the guy pulls through for the sake of his wife and young kids.
  • Options

Did you go up there?
  • Options
    Yes I did - didn't see any trouble but I know they can be quite hostile having been before.

Lots of police and stewards though.

• Options
    Remember going up there on the junior reds coach and one of the boys (15ish) coming back with a massive shiner

• Options
    Funnily enough, after the 0-0 draw in January, it was a bunch of Charlton wankers who were trying to cause trouble in that subway. It was so embarrassing.

Hope the guy is alright and isn't phased by going to other games.
  • Options
    Very sad indeed. Hope they catch the culprit. As fans we should show solidarity - maybe a collection on Saturday across the country - I'd chip in.
  • Options
    The midlands does have some unsavory fanbases. Birmingham has to be the worst - one place you don't f**k about at...
  • Options

Very sad indeed. Hope they catch the culprit.

My guess is it'll probably be closer to 5 than 1 culprit.............

#braveinnumbers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

The midlands does have some unsavory fanbases. Birmingham has to be the worst - one place you don't f**k about at...

Remember being up there in the early eighties (1-0 defeat) we would have got a right pasting if it hadn't been for the fine West-Mid police.
  • Options
    I went there around that time. It must have been the year we got relegated in 79-80. We lost 0.1 and after they tried to charge us down by the coaches at the bottom of the hill. We went on Lewis coaches. I was about 13 at the time and remember it was a nightmare that day. Have been there another 4 times since and every time was dodgy, especially the 4.3 Sunday win up there in 95 when they had no police present at the game due to a payment dispute the club had with West Mids Police. To this day I still don't know how we got out of there alive.

• Options
    iainment said:

Some clubs always seem to have a bigger bunch of c following them than others - Wolves, Newcastle, Chelsea, Leeds spring to mind

Don't forget Birmingham, Bristol City, West Ham and of course our Bermondsey friends.

I hope they catch the arse who did this.
    I don't think Birmingham belongs on that list any more. Last two seasons, some of our very intelligent fans have sang 'Birmingham's a shithole' on the way out, with both sets of fans on the street, and no issues. Didn't see any issues at Wolves this season

I hope the guy gets better soon and the culprits are caught.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

I went there around that time. It must have been the year we got relegated in 79-80. We lost 0.1 and after they tried to charge us down by the coaches at the bottom of the hill. We went on Lewis coaches. I was about 13 at the time and remember it was a nightmare that day. Have been there another 4 times since and every time was dodgy, especially the 4.3 Sunday win up there in 95 when they had no police present at the game due to a payment dispute the club had with West Mids Police. To this day I still don't know how we got out of there alive.

That was the game I was referring to, went up on a supporters club coach for 3 quid...after I started work (82) I only went away by train with the occasional trip by car....glad I weren't there in 95.
  • Options
    I assume this bloke was ok?
  • Options
    Serious, but no longer critical. I just heard on BBC news.
  • Options
    That is good news.
  • Options
    Very good news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news indeed!
  • Options
    Great news. I imagine he's very happy that they're not playing Wolves this season
  • Options
    Great to hear
  • Options
    Brilliant stuff
  • Options
    I don't suppose they got the scrotes did they? Sorry I haven't really followed the story.
  • Options
    Yeah they did one of their younger element,
  • Options

I don't suppose they got the scrotes did they? Sorry I haven't really followed the story.

Load of youngsters (teens) been arrested but think they are still fully investigating.
  • Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    the whole story is a disgrace
  • Options

Detectives investigating an attack in Wolverhampton – which left Watford FC fan Nic Cruwys with potentially life-changing injuries – have charged four men and two teenage boys over the assault.

Nic, aged 44, received serious head injuries when he was assaulted on 7 March after travelling to the Black Country to watch his team take on Wolverhampton Wanderers.

A total of 13 teenage men and boys have so far been questioned over the attack and in the last two days, detectives have charged a number of them in connection with it.

Three men and a 14-year-old boy – who cannot be named for legal reasons - were charged on Sunday, 2 August with wounding with intent:

- Daniel Lloyd, a student, aged 18 and of Tillington Street, Stafford.

- Joseph Lister, a carpenter, aged 18 and of Palmer Close, Wednesfield.

- Robert Beech, estate agent, aged 18 and of Springhill Road, Wednesfield.

Another man and a teenage boy, also aged 14, were charged with the same offence on Monday, 3 August:

- Ryan Meer, scaffolder, aged 18 and of Gailey, Staffordshire.

All the men are due to appear before Wolverhampton Magistrates’ Court on 18 September while the two boys are due before Wolverhampton Youth Court on 20 September.

An 18-year-old and a 17-year-old remain on police bail while five others will have no further action taken against them.

Detective Sergeant Adam Keen said: “I would like to thank everyone who has come forward with information following the various appeals we have made during this investigation.

“Our inquiries are not yet over and we are still working to get justice for Nic and his family as they continue to help Nic on his road to recovery.”