Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Who @o2 on Sunday March 22

2»

Comments

• Very, very good. Toned some of the early stuff down and played them more like the original recordings. Highlight was the Tommy section, can't wait for Hyde Park in June.

Me too - my eldest bought me a couple of tickets for Christmas for Hyde Park and I suppose I'll have to take him as my guest!!

Last time I saw them was Hyde Park in 96 when they played Quadrophenia live for the first time. Certainly one of the greatest bands ever.
  • bobmunro said:

Very, very good. Toned some of the early stuff down and played them more like the original recordings. Highlight was the Tommy section, can't wait for Hyde Park in June.

Me too - my eldest bought me a couple of tickets for Christmas for Hyde Park and I suppose I'll have to take him as my guest!!

Last time I saw them was Hyde Park in 96 when they played Quadrophenia live for the first time. Certainly one of the greatest bands ever.
    I was at the Hyde Park gig in 96 too. My wife bought me a meet and greet package for the classic quadrophenia at the albert hall for Christmas which should be good.
  • Saw them sunday and being greedy seeing them again at RAH for teenage cancer trust.
    Not as good as in late70's/early 80s but still great entertainment. Over 30 years after their farewell tour!
    Daltrys voice not quite as strong and they have adapted some songs, including Won't Get Fooled Again. However he has worked on it because 7 or 8 years ago it sounded really gone.
  • Was at The Valley in 1974 like many of you - just a wee lad.
    Really enjoyed Bad Company and Lou Reed.

We had the great privilege of seeing Keith Moon on the drums that day - a memory I cherish.

Would see them again, given the chance.
  • There's a great video on you tube of Alfie Boe singing Love Reign Over Me. It's from the upcoming classic quadrophenia album. Scenes from the film cut into it and a cameo from Phil Daniels at the end. Can't do links from my phone but you can search "Pete Townsend - Love Reign O'er Me" on you tube.
  • They're playing at the RAH next year for the Teenage Cancer Trust (30th March & 1st April). Doing an acoustic version of Tommy plus a few old favourites.

Managed to get a ticket for the Saturday but not many left if anyone's interested.

• Got 2 for Thursday. Avoided Saturday as we are at Peterborough which is a decent away trip