Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon hails Gudmundsson after Blackpool - "The Beckham of the Championship"

Post match interview with Luzon here

Click Here

Comments

• Options
    Since the spray have been used, Johann is class at those free kicks.
  • Options
    The lad is up there with Colin Walsh for left footed free kicks
  • Options
    Please sign the extension
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

JBG is probably even more successful than Walshie. He came close at Bournemouth and I remember thinking that at last we might have someone who could score a couple....but he's been better than that. And when he didn't play Freddie Bulot scored one v Forest!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

shirty5 said:

JBG is probably even more successful than Walshie. He came close at Bournemouth and I remember thinking that at last we might have someone who could score a couple....but he's been better than that. And when he didn't play Freddie Bulot scored one v Forest!
    I have to agree that JBG is on another level to Walshie when it comes to free kicks and Colin was bloody good at them. Claus Jenson was very good also but I can't think of any player in the last 30 years or so years I've been going who is as lethal from 20-30 yards out like JGB.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

shirty5 said:

I have to agree that JBG is on another level to Walshie when it comes to free kicks and Colin was bloody good at them. Claus Jenson was very good also but I can't think of any player in the last 30 years or so years I've been going who is as lethal from 20-30 yards out like JGB.
    Excuse me for swearing, but Danny Murphy was pretty good.
  • Options
    Does this mean he's leaving for either Real or Alcoron Madrid?
  • Options
    Great comments from Luzon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good, but not as good as JBG
  • Options

Simonsen said:

shirty5 said:

Er, whisper it very quietly l, but Yann maybe?
    Up there but not in JGB's league (in my opinion)
  • Options

Simonsen said:

shirty5 said:

Not as consistent though... JBG gets into that area now and you know one thing is going to happen... Hasnt he taken four free-kicks and from that area in the last few games and scored them all?
  • Options
    ”You cannot play football on this pitch. I don’t think this kind of pitch is for the level of the Championship. Next year they will need to improve the pitch".

Except next year they won't be in the championship................ :blush:
  • Options
    Jensen for me.
  • Options
    'It was Charlton’s sixth win in eight games but Luzon remained humble when asked why the side’s form had enjoyed such a lift.

“I don’t know whats changed,” he said. “I don’t like to speak about myself, about my work. “I try to do my best, and give the players good advice and they did it well.'

If I was given the welcome Guy was given by a lot of fans, I would spend the whole post match interview blathering on about how I am a tactical genius, and the club would be going down if it was not for me. *winky face thing*
  • Options
    As Johann is only 2 goals behind Igor now, who was the last non striker to be top scorer
    for CAFC ? Will look at handbook later if no answers before.
  • Options

As Johann is only 2 goals behind Igor now, who was the last non striker to be top scorer

Jackson I should imagine.
  • Options

Jackson I should imagine.
    Yes, I'd say so...if not, Bailey?
  • Options
    Didnt Jackson beat Kermorgant by about one goal in our first season in the Championship?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Didnt Jackson beat Kermorgant by about one goal in our first season in the Championship?

Bailey in 08/09
  • Options

Bailey in 08/09
    Nope... Was Jackson in 12/13 ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Charlton_Athletic_F.C._season
  • Options

Indeed 12/13 season.
  • Options

Given the strikers we have had over the years, I'd say we are one club that you would expect to have goalscoring midfielders top the charts every so often
  • Options

I thought Yann beat Jackson By 1 goal, But your right,
    We beat Bristol city 4-1 in the last game, and i'm sure that Johnny scored
    in that game taking him to 12 goals, and as you say Yann had 11.
    From memory Kermorgent missed about 6 to 8 weeks with a foot injury.

• Options
    Hope Luzon isn't trying to get a couple of zeros added to JBG's price tag on behalf of his boss ;-(
  • Options

Hope Luzon isn't trying to get a couple of zeros added to JBG's price tag on behalf of his boss ;-(

Considering he only has a year left on his contract this summer I think it is a case of either get him to agree an extension or unfortunately sell him if he isn't interested in staying at the club beyond that.

Selling in the summer would maximise the profit we could get. Could also gamble and wait to January to see where we are at. If challenging for the play offs/autos then keep him but if not he would have to be sold or risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

Class player though so fingers crossed he stays for another season at least to take us into the Premier league!
  • Options

It certainly sounds like it.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

shirty5 said:

Up there but not in JGB's league (in my opinion)
    Yann was probably about on a par from free kicks, but not as consistent with shooting outside the box, but he probably did it less than JBG.

Can't remember the last time we had a player score so many spectacular goals in pone season. Maybe got to back to the early days on Kinsella? We've had a few players in between who have a good shot on them, but Kins was probably the last one to score multiple long range goals (like 5 plus) in the same season.
  • Options
    JBG highlight reel special