Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon hails Gudmundsson after Blackpool - "The Beckham of the Championship"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Some good shouts like Yann, Murphy, Walsh and Kinsella from recent times but I would definitely say JBG nudges in front of them all. It's also arguable JBG is our best RM in recent times too despite being left footed but then i'm a massive fan of JBG cutting in from the right allowing him to score screamers like Cardiff at home.

You'd like to hope JBG has found his feet with us and would certainly give us a second season as it did take him a little while at the start of the season to find his form which isn't always easy to hit the ground running when coming in to a new country. I'm not sure he'll want to move to Liege meaning he'd have to upsticks to another country and potentially start over again and i'm sure in a recent interview he said he enjoyed having Watt and Vetokele up front so hoepfully he's happy and settled with us.

Hopefully another season out of him so long as RD isn't tempted by the possible ringing of the cash till.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Some good shouts like Yann, Murphy, Walsh and Kinsella from recent times but I would definitely say JBG nudges in front of them all. It's also arguable JBG is our best RM in recent times too despite being left footed but then i'm a massive fan of JBG cutting in from the right allowing him to score screamers like Cardiff at home.

You'd like to hope JBG has found his feet with us and would certainly give us a second season as it did take him a little while at the start of the season to find his form which isn't always easy to hit the ground running when coming in to a new country. I'm not sure he'll want to move to Liege meaning he'd have to upsticks to another country and potentially start over again and i'm sure in a recent interview he said he enjoyed having Watt and Vetokele up front so hoepfully he's happy and settled with us.

Hopefully another season out of him so long as RD isn't tempted by the possible ringing of the cash till.

Claus Jensen tops them all in my opinion.
  • Options
    On the free kick debate I am of the opinion that JBG is a class above any of our regular takers from recent times.. Jackson Yann Murphy Reid Jensen.. However he has benefited from the magic spray! he has certainly stuck them in the back of the net more regularly and consistently since that has been used in the championship... In fact I can't remember hI'm missing any from scoring distance since its been used! (Although that may just be my memory) the point I'm trying to get to is that the others would have had to have beaten a wall that was only 8 yards away rather than the usual ten... does make it that much easier!

Bulot didn't look too shabby either and I'm sure Eagles was regular free kick taker in the past!
  • Options
    I don't think Beckham ever scored a direct free kick with his left foot. So the comparison is false and JBG is obviously better.