Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Contract renewals for next season

2»

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:

With now only 3 and a half months until contracts start running out for players in our squad, which ones would you want to keep past this season and which ones would you let go?

The list:

Neil Etheridge
    Tal Ben Haim
    Oguchi Onyewu
    Roger Johnson
    Lawrie Wilson
    Alou Diarra
    Chris Eagles
    Simon Church

Keep: Ben Haim, Johnson, Diarra and Eagles.
    Plus Bulot but not Buyens.

Does Scoham or anyone have contract dates for the U21s?
  • Options
    I would keep Lawrie Wilson due to his versatility, as well as the fact he follows me on Twitter! But I'm sure the rumour that Chris Powell wants him at Huddersfield has more than legs to it.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

seth plum said:

Neil Etheridge-release
    Tal Ben Haim-keep
    Oguchi Onyewu-release
    Roger Johnson-release
    Lawrie Wilson-release with all best wishes
    Alou Diarra-release
    Chris Eagles-release
    Simon Church-release with all best wishes
    Bikey-release
    Buyens-return
    Bulot-return
    Reza-sell
    PP-sell
    Nego=sell
    Koc-sell
    Lepoint-sell
    Dimi-sell
    Harriott-only sell for a decentish offer.
    Pigott-only sell for a decentish offer.
    Jacko- with huge regret allow to go to a final decent contract, or move upstairs
    Ansah-sell or free transfer
    Munns and Daniel I believe are being released.

That would leave a squad of:

Henderson
    Pope
    Gomez
    Gudmusson
    Solly
    Fox
    TBH
    Moussa (?)
    Possibly Harriott
    Possibly Piggott
    Wiggins
    Cousins
    Igor
    Lennon
    Watt
    Aherne-Grant
    Mitov
    promote Holmes-Dennis
    promote Obileye
    promote Muldoon

Maybe promote another group of U21's, certainly Archie Edwards, but there is a lot of potential there, and a promoted group, possibly loaned out for experience will certainly pay dividends with a couple of them, Second years scholars who get released all have a chance to continue as footballers if they have the right attitude.

So from my point of view we would end up with a squad of 22 at most.
    If any 'biggies' like Igor are sold, then use that money to strengthen, and then it will be up to Roland to see if he can find about £10-15 million to add real quality, especially in midfield and central defence, and add another decent striker.

So there you have it, a plan...obviously there are different opinions and such like, but I will be watching to see how close my plan is to what happens. The huge caveat is me suggesting that Roland spends money.

There are only 8 players with any experience in your squad. We would sink like a stone.
    Which he'd probably enjoy
  • Options
    I most be the only person who does not like tbh. I think he is shocking and I do not want him to be given a new contract
  • Options
    I don't get why nobody seems to like TBH? I think he's been quality for us, had low expectations of him when he came in but he seems quality at this level, doesn't mind coming up the pitch on his own either!
  • Options

I don't get why nobody seems to like TBH? I think he's been quality for us, had low expectations of him when he came in but he seems quality at this level, doesn't mind coming up the pitch on his own either!

I do ike him and think he has done well this year. My thinking is that I want Gomez to push on and would then prefer Johnson to TBH and assuming we cant get rid of Bikey then TBH goes.
  • Options

The juxtaposition of these two makes them even funnier
  • Options
    Would keep Ben Haim,Johnson,Diarra,Eagles and Church
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Neil Etheridge NO we have a surplus and he is third or fourth at best in the pecking order

Tal Ben Haim YES if wages sensible

Oguchi Onyewu NO Surplus with Gomez, Bikey and possibly TBH, Johnson and Diarra plus youngsters coming through

Roger Johnson As TBH-

Lawrie Wilson YES Good squad man. Covers both Solly and JBG if we want Gomez at centre half.

Alou Diarra As TBH

Chris Eagles As TBH

Simon Church NO I think we can do better but cannot fault his commitment. Poor man's Garry Nelson and that is actually a compliment.
  • Options
    Looking at the possible squad for 2015 / 2016 with two players for each position and three spare - a squad of 25 - how about :

Goal : (2) Henderson, Dmitri

Right back : (2) Solly, Wilson (or Gomez as cover...?)

Central : (4) Gomez, Johnson, Diarra*, A N Other (new) or TBH

Left Back :(2) Fox, Wiggins

Midfield : (8) JBG,Cousins,Bulot,Diarra*,Le Point,Eagles, Wilson or A.N Other;Moussa (assuming Buyens is recalled to SL) Diarra* can fulfil two roles.

Up top : (4) Watt, Igor,Aherne-Grant/Church or A/N Other

So an additional Central defender and addition up top.Then add 3 new players either from the network, under 21 or bought in (or Jackson...?) and a basic squad of 25 exists. Each replacement to be better than we currently have.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015

With now only 3 and a half months until contracts start running out for players in our squad, which ones would you want to keep past this season and which ones would you let go?

The list:

Neil Etheridge - Release, league 1 standard at best - or loan to network club
    Tal Ben Haim - He was allegedly talking to Maccabi in Jnauary, so it may not be our choice, with the emergence of Gomes, would prefer to bring in another Centre Half and release TBH, as good as he is.
    Oguchi Onyewu - Not managed to breakthrough. Release.
    Roger Johnson - As long as he keeps going, offer new contract after Millwall
    Lawrie Wilson - Love ya lots Lawrie, but thanks for the memory's
    Alou Diarra - Needs to get games and prove himself over another 3-4 games
    Chris Eagles - Needs to get games and prove himself over another 3-4 games
    Simon Church - Suddenly unsure, maybe with the current squad he has something to offer, on balance probably let go, but wouyld not be unhappy to see stay.

Bulot - Sign from SL, he seems to like us and we seem to like him and he can do the business.
    Buyens - Don't think he has done enough and still struggles with the pressure of the Championship. Bye Buyens.

Bikey- Release, we can do better, but thanks.
    Reza-sell
    PP-sell
    Nego=sell
    Koc-sell
    Lepoint-Loan to network
    Harriott-League 1 player unless he can show some consistency this season, assuming he recovers, get rid.
    Pigott-Loan out next season to League 1.
    Jacko- Give him a cheerleading contract with occaisional cameo and a coaching role.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

The list:

Neil Etheridge - Release, league 1 standard at best - or loan to network club
    Tal Ben Haim - He was allegedly talking to Maccabi in Jnauary, so it may not be our choice, with the emergence of Gomes, would prefer to bring in another Centre Half and release TBH, as good as he is.
    Oguchi Onyewu - Not managed to breakthrough. Release.
    Roger Johnson - As long as he keeps going, offer new contract after Millwall
    Lawrie Wilson - Love ya lots Lawrie, but thanks for the memory's
    Alou Diarra - Needs to get games and prove himself over another 3-4 games
    Chris Eagles - Needs to get games and prove himself over another 3-4 games
    Simon Church - Suddenly unsure, maybe with the current squad he has something to offer, on balance probably let go, but wouyld not be unhappy to see stay.

Bulot - Sign from SL, he seems to like us and we seem to like him and he can do the business.
    Buyens - Don't think he has done enough and still struggles with the pressure of the Championship. Bye Buyens.

Bikey- Release, we can do better, but thanks.
    Reza-sell
    PP-sell
    Nego=sell
    Koc-sell
    Lepoint-Loan to network
    Harriott-League 1 player unless he can show some consistency this season, assuming he recovers, get rid.
    Pigott-Loan out next season to League 1.
    Jacko- Give him a cheerleading contract with occaisional cameo and a coaching role.
    We don't have koc he was on a youth loan last season and has gone back to the mother ship
  • Options
    Bikey has another year left on his contract, so keep.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Bikey has another year left on his contract, so keep.

Or sell while he has a contract to negotiate against
  • Options
    edited March 2015

shirty5 said:

The list:

Neil Etheridge
    Tal Ben Haim
    Oguchi Onyewu
    Roger Johnson
    Lawrie Wilson
    Alou Diarra
    Chris Eagles
    Simon Church

U21s and U18s that have signed pro:

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
    Zak Ansah 2016
    Aaron Barnes 2016 (estimated)
    Jordan Beeney 2018 (2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal, according to someone that spoke to a member of his family)
    Rhys Browne 2016 (unconfirmed by club)
    Kurtis Cumberbatch 2015
    Kadell Daniel 2015
    Archie Edwards 2016 (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2015 and he has already signed pro)
    Harry Gerard 2015
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2016
    Mikhail Kennedy 2015
    George Lapslie 2017 (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2016 and he has already signed pro)
    Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus 1 year option
    Oliver Muldoon 2017
    Jack Munns 2015
    Ayo Obileye 2015
    Harry Osborne 2015 (unconfirmed by club)
    Levander Pyke 2015 (estimated)
    Tobi Sho-Silva 2015
    Terell Thomas 2015 (estimated)

Barnes, Edwards, Lapslie, Pyke and Thomas could easily be on longer deals but the club don't tend to mention contract length for youngsters other than those in and around the first team, or signed from elsewhere.

So that means there are 8 out of contract this summer: Cumberbatch, Daniel, Gerard, Kennedy, Munns, Obileye, Osborne and Sho-Silva, potentially 9/10 if Pyke and Thomas are as well.

I've left out Elan Assiana (who was listed squad thread) as the club said he signed on scholarship terms (which would be for 2 years) and I've not seen anything to suggest he's signed pro.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Johnson, Diarra & Eagles

TBH would be good but I think he will want to go elsewhere at the end of the season.

This sums it up really.
    Also it appears Bulot has another year on his Liege deal so would love to sign him up on loan or a longer term deal - expensive? So what - we need quality!
    That would just have us looking for a Buyens replacement. Now I rate Buyens more than some - he's going to be expensive to replace.

Another striker would be handy and if I'm being harsh, I wonder if Liege have got a decent left back we can borrow.

Staprix have been building this squad for 12 months now and we are now seeing a real possibility of a challenge in 2015-16.

Let's see what the squad looks like in August.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

The list:

Neil Etheridge
    Tal Ben Haim
    Oguchi Onyewu
    Roger Johnson
    Lawrie Wilson
    Alou Diarra
    Chris Eagles
    Simon Church

U21s and U18s that have signed pro:

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
    Zak Ansah 2016
    Aaron Barnes 2016 (estimated)
    Jordan Beeney 2018 (2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal, according to someone that spoke to a member of his family)
    Rhys Browne 2016 (unconfirmed by club)
    Kurtis Cumberbatch 2015
    Kadell Daniel 2015
    Archie Edwards 2016 (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2015 and he has already signed pro)
    Harry Gerard 2015
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2016
    Mikhail Kennedy 2015
    George Lapslie 2017 (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2016 and he has already signed pro)
    Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus 1 year option
    Oliver Muldoon 2017
    Jack Munns 2015
    Ayo Obileye 2015
    Harry Osborne 2015 (unconfirmed by club)
    Levander Pyke 2015 (estimated)
    Tobi Sho-Silva 2015
    Terell Thomas 2015 (estimated)

Barnes, Edwards, Lapslie, Pyke and Thomas could easily be on longer deals but the club don't tend to mention contract length for youngsters other than those in and around the first team, or signed from elsewhere.

So that means there are 8 out of contract this summer: Cumberbatch, Daniel, Gerard, Kennedy, Munns, Obileye, Osborne and Sho-Silva, potentially 9/10 if Pyke and Thomas are as well.

I've left out Elan Assiana (who was listed squad thread) as the club said he signed on scholarship terms (which would be for 2 years) and I've not seen anything to suggest he's signed pro.
    Cheers,

I'll do a new squad update when I get a chance including the U21s
  • Options

The list:

Neil Etheridge - No - Bring back Pope
    Tal Ben Haim - Yes
    Oguchi Onyewu - No
    Roger Johnson - Yes Defo
    Lawrie Wilson - Yes
    Alou Diarra - Yes
    Chris Eagles - Yes
    Simon Church - Depends if we can get anyone in, could be good back up and gets on well with TW

• Options
    Rumour has it Wilson has gone on loan to Rotherham.