Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Friday's £1,000 (ed £2,000, nope £3,000) Challenge - Please read***

Comments

• Options
    All I can say what a great day! Top Day!
  • Options
    Just going out to celebrate with the good lady and a toast to the Upbeats and Charltonlife
  • Options
    Brilliant T.C.E
  • Options
    Blinding day. My 2 year old son spent much of the walk on my shoulders and is absolutely knackered, as am I, but sooooo worth it.

Well done all who walked
    Well done all who donated
    I'm off to bed :-)
  • Options
    I'll be back later to bump that " I've been drinking" thread and tell you owl muchh i luvs Ye all.....
  • Options
    Shame you weren't in our group @Swisdom though saying that you didn't have to put up with my jokes for nine miles !

Have a good night @T.C.E and @Tavern absolute pleasure spending today with you guys and others
  • Options
    We walk where we want
    We walk where we waaaaaant,
    Charlton Athletic
    We walk where we want

(Well, where the amazing and seriously fit organiser lady for red group told us to)
  • Options

Shame you weren't in our group @Swisdom though saying that you didn't have to put up with my jokes for nine miles !

Have a good night @T.C.E and @Tavern absolute pleasure spending today with you guys and others

Maybe next time @AFKABartram - my pace with Milo on my shoulders wasn't especially rapid so give him a year or two of growth and I reckon we'll be competitive :-) my blisters may have gone by then too
  • Options
    If you couldn't take part today, there is going to be another event soon (hopefully), we need to get logistics in place but it will be a lot less strenuous :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So f'in' proud. And I did bugger all. Well done you lovely people. Isn't kindness lovely.
  • Options
    One of our regulars did the walk and we at The Long Pond were very happy to sponsor him.
    Coincidently drove past the walkers this morning just before 10am as they were going up Avery Hill Road. So if you were there and a large black German built limo was hooting his horn at you, it was Chirpy.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

So if you were there and a large black German built limo was hooting his horn at you, it was Chirpy.

chirpy chirpy beep beep ? - reminds me of a song...
  • Options
    Excellent - thanks @Dansk_Red
  • Options
    The start of that with a transit van looked like an LTE video but quality afterwards. Great stuff.
  • Options
    Loved em all walking down the street giving it Tony Watt Watt Watt !
  • Options
    brilliant :smiley:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just put on the rest of the money I collected from my local the Star on Plumstead Common. I raised £127 from the regulars there which is great so thanks to them. That took it over 12k.
  • Options
    fantastic effort
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carl from CACT has asked me to pass on their 'gratitude to all of your members for their unbelievable support in taking on the walk today and of course all of those that donated to the event and helped us achieve an amazing total'.

I'm sure there will be some more summary stuff in the next few days
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    What a great article.

• Options
    craigcafc said:
    Picture 5 'Upbeats emerge into the Valley' is just joyous ... makes it all worthwhile
  • Options
    What a stunning amount raised , well done to everyone involved really superb . That last donation from the states is from my mate in Pittsburgh whose son is Downs Syndrome , he proudly wears his CAFC shirt too .
  • Options
    Very generous from your friend.
  • Options
    craigcafc said:

cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-upbeats-donate-community-trust-2353051.aspx#71xGAIkbCMQ56AYG.99

I'm not sure I like the headline - I only had a couple Saturday night ;-))

• Options
    Brilliant result. Well done all, and nice for the club to acknowledge CL on the OS report.