Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON LIFE POKER LEAGUE 2015

Comments

• Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for a great night. Look forward to doing it again.
  • Options
    results are 1st place @Alex wright $55, 2nd place @sadiejane1981 $33 and 3rd place @tajaddick $22

11 runners, 2 hrs 26mins running time.

well played everyone good start to the season.

next game is set up for 19th April a $5.50 regular format tournament, early registration to encourage others is advised.

trophy donations recieved from @johnnybev1987, @Alex Wright @rina and @Cafc95 thank you.
  • Options
    Well played you lot, same old suspects :)
  • Options

Well played you lot, same old suspects :)

Cheers Neil, sounds like you got a monster of a beat.

• Options
    Well played Mate
  • Options
    Sadie, sorry, just seen the trophy donation mention (will have to arrange to collect last year's trophy, next time at The Valley), will send funds next time I deposit. Not a good night for me, after my KO, I zoomed away the rest of my balance !
  • Options
    You haven't collected yet? Didn't realise. Silly billy lol
  • Options
    I know it only the first game but I thought I'd put the current standings on CL because I probably won't be top after the next game :)
  • Options
    Boo ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else had problems logging on to pokerstars tonight
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Anyone else had problems logging on to pokerstars tonight

nope. straight in.
  • Options
    I haven't tried to be honest I'll give it a go later
  • Options
    Hi all. My mrs has recently started working for poker stars in their marketing dpt. I noticed earlier in the thread that you use them for your private leagues, I just wondered if any of you would be so kind as to let me know what you think of it? Any info helps no matter how small. I figure some of you are of a pretty decent standard and might know your poker, so would be good to ask.

I appreciate this is a thread for your league, so please PM if I'm getting in the way on here :wink:

Cheers in advance, Robert
  • Options
    Hi Cabbles. The private league/ home games are a brilliant idea, as it allows people with common interests to compete together. Im pretty sure this is the only site that offers this.
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Hi Cabbles. The private league/ home games are a brilliant idea, as it allows people with common interests to compete together. Im pretty sure this is the only site that offers this.

Cheers taj
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Hi all. My mrs has recently started working for poker stars in their marketing dpt. I noticed earlier in the thread that you use them for your private leagues, I just wondered if any of you would be so kind as to let me know what you think of it? Any info helps no matter how small. I figure some of you are of a pretty decent standard and might know your poker, so would be good to ask.

I appreciate this is a thread for your league, so please PM if I'm getting in the way on here :wink:

Cheers in advance, Robert

I've played on Stars for many years and have had virtually nothing bad to ever say about the software, it is and always has been the market leader by a distance

However it is utterly infuriating that you cannot see and register for home game tournaments using the mobile client

• Options
    Hi Sadie. Have just sent money over for trophies. Had no idea how much I was meant to send. Please let me know if this is not enough.
  • Options

I've played on Stars for many years and have had virtually nothing bad to ever say about the software, it is and always has been the market leader by a distance

However it is utterly infuriating that you cannot see and register for home game tournaments using the mobile client

Thanks Rina, very helpful. I'm passing all this on.
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Hi Sadie. Have just sent money over for trophies. Had no idea how much I was meant to send. Please let me know if this is not enough.

Yes fine ty, I said minimum of $1 so you have paid enough.

@cabbles I find it can be a pain in the butt to get into when there are busy promotions on, plus I echo what rina said that the mobile app needs improving, some people opt for an iPad rather than a laptop, but you need to register using a pc/laptop just to play a home games game on the iPad/tablet/phone, seems pointless. However the home games set up is great, league tables, member filtering and privacy and easy to set up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

tajaddick said:

@cabbles I find it can be a pain in the butt to get into when there are busy promotions on, plus I echo what rina said that the mobile app needs improving, some people opt for an iPad rather than a laptop, but you need to register using a pc/laptop just to play a home games game on the iPad/tablet/phone, seems pointless. However the home games set up is great, league tables, member filtering and privacy and easy to set up.
    Cheers Sadie. So basically the mobile app needs to address this inconsistency in registering to use it.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

tajaddick said:

Cheers Sadie. So basically the mobile app needs to address this inconsistency in registering to use it.
    Basically yes. If you go back through this thread you'll see that someone had to give log in details to someone else to register for them and that's not the first time either. Also it makes our numbers suffer a bit as people aren't getting home in time to register.
  • Options

cabbles said:

tajaddick said:

Basically yes. If you go back through this thread you'll see that someone had to give log in details to someone else to register for them and that's not the first time either. Also it makes our numbers suffer a bit as people aren't getting home in time to register.
    I've asked my mrs to see why this is. She's only been there a couple of months and she's in the marketing dpt, sounds like it's more IT, but this has all been very helpful so thanks for all your input.

I've never played before but started reading a bit about poker over the weekend, so who knows, another easy mark for your league if I get up to speed :wink:
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

tajaddick said:

I've asked my mrs to see why this is. She's only been there a couple of months and she's in the marketing dpt, sounds like it's more IT, but this has all been very helpful so thanks for all your input.

I've never played before but started reading a bit about poker over the weekend, so who knows, another easy mark for your league if I get up to speed :wink:
    We've all levels and are a friendly bunch you'll be more than welcome.
  • Options
    3rd Sunday of the month tomorrow which means next game $5.50 regular.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Was worried I would not be able to make it, had no response internet for 30 hours or so, but it came back last night so will be able to WIN tomorrow
  • Options

Was worried I would not be able to make it, had no response internet for 30 hours or so, but it came back last night so will be able to WIN tomorrow
    Good luck mate
  • Options
    I don't want to open numerous threads this year we should only need one really just keep it boosted
  • Options
    5 players registered so far, promising start.
  • Options
    Not bad!