Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Lithuania

Comments

• Options
    nick you must watch him more than I do, are you an Arsenal or Man Utd supporter to have so much knowledge of Welbeck?
  • Options

Welbeck is the top scorer of all teams in the current qualifyers

Bloke misses more chances than he scores.
    so the same as every player in the history of the game then?
  • Options
    Oh I see, so only Arsenal/United fans are allowed an opinion? As a football fan I probably watch more games than their respective "fans" do anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I like Kane, he's like a bigger Inzaghi. I'm not sayin that he is anywhere near that standard, but he is always right place at right time, doesn't have anything in particular, he's a just a real goal scorer.
  • Options
    Montenegro v Russia second half has just started on Sky Sports 5 red button
  • Options
    England played very well, but Lithuania were terrible, they were second to the ball every time
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Montenegro v Russia second half has just started on Sky Sports 5 red button

All kicking off again, madness, do Russia and Montenegro hate each other ?

Russia's players have left the pitch again
  • Options
    I like welbeck! He's a good player sure there are others coming through with more potential but he's got a lot about him and always seems to score for England! He will be a pert of England does squads for quite a while! In the 4231 we were playing at the world cup he can play as any of the front four! The same with the 433 we have been playing lately! for that reason alone he's gonna get in a lot of England squads!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Bloke misses more chances than he scores. Also can't manage to shoot without falling over. Pretty easy to score a lot of goals when the opposition are total cack.

He can't score the premier league though. Never does and never will. Lacks that goalscoring instinct.
    You've written some rubbish, but that almost takes the cake. Welbeck is so underrated, his awkward style puts a lot of people off but he's a quality striker.
    A typically nice comment from you. His goalscoring record is worse than poor. He's a striker ffs. He wouldn't get near any of the top international sides.

It just annoys me that other strikers who have scored 4 times more goals than him don't get a look in. Oh, and scoring lots of international goals against hot dog sellers doesn't count

His stats are here btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Welbeck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Welbeck. Throws himself on the floor far too much though!
  • Options
    I was so pleased for Kane proper roy of the rovers stuff! Nick, what have you got against Welbeck? He's been one of our better players for the last couple of years in an England shirt
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    He's not our long term solution and he's stopping actual men who score goals getting a chance
  • Options
    Wellbeck has been playing well recently for England, and had another good game last night. Good to se Kane get on and score - I wonder if he'll end up at Chelsea, City or United? Carrick, Henderson looked ok, but it's hard to judge against weak opposition
  • Options
    Just got in from the game. Quality night, great seeing england win. Chuffed to bits for Kane. Everything he touches seems to turn into goals. Only £4.90 a pint at wembley too....

We are storming this group! Roll on France '16 and I'm off to italy on Tuesday!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Just got in from the game. Quality night, great seeing england win. Chuffed to bits for Kane. Everything he touches seems to turn into goals. Only £4.90 a pint at wembley too....

We are storming this group! Roll on France '16 and I'm off to italy on Tuesday!

I went to the last qualifier at Wembley and was told it was a dry night ( no booze) because of Eufa rules . Why was it different tonight?
  • Options

Bloke misses more chances than he scores. Also can't manage to shoot without falling over. Pretty easy to score a lot of goals when the opposition are total cack.

He can't score the premier league though. Never does and never will. Lacks that goalscoring instinct.
    You've written some rubbish, but that almost takes the cake. Welbeck is so underrated, his awkward style puts a lot of people off but he's a quality striker.
    A typically nice comment from you. His goalscoring record is worse than poor. He's a striker ffs. He wouldn't get near any of the top international sides.

It just annoys me that other strikers who have scored 4 times more goals than him don't get a look in. Oh, and scoring lots of international goals against hot dog sellers doesn't count

His stats are here btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Welbeck
    There are international strikers about with poorer stats than Welbeck has, I assume the strikers you're suggesting are the likes of Charlie Austin and Danny Ings?
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Anyone else feel aligned with 'Arry Kane ?

Proper normal lad from a normal Lundun faaamily, playing for his local club and now doing it for his country. Can picture him playing in the street as a kid with an England replica shirtt in wanting to be Shearer.

Schoolboy dreams stuff

Jumpers for goalposts, marvellous.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3NeRoSFZWbs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent performance against a physically strong side .. debut goal for young 'Arry .. bring on the Eye-talians
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm not a fan of Welbeck if I'm honest, never have been. I think he's quite wasteful and still looks very raw. Some of his decision making and his touch often lets him down, plus he needs to be a lot more clinical...BUT he has improved since playing under Wenger and you can see that being at Arsenal is beginning to make him into a good player.

He also seems to work well with Rooney and Sterling and I'm not sure an out and out striker would suit our current style.
  • Options
    I think we now have some very decent forwards. Welbeck, Kane Rooney, Sturridge, Sterling. What we are lacking are top class Midfielders and defenders.
  • Options
    it was a dry night, no beer sold inside the ground, thought Rooney was excellent, Welbeck good and Carrick, Sterling better second half. Very subdued atmosphere though.
  • Options

I like Welbeck. Throws himself on the floor far too much though!

Don't they all?
  • Options
    There is difference to being a forward and being a striker.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I think we now have some very decent forwards. Welbeck, Kane Rooney, Sturridge, Sterling. What we are lacking are top class Midfielders and defenders.

Really good point. I think that I must be too critical when I watch England and probably expect too much? I felt that, at times, it was just monotonous. We lacked any pace/zip in our passing and movement and this was against Lithuania! Just all too pedestrian for me, and with the likes of Carrick and the overrated Henderson (what does he actually do?) in midfield we will always be as dull as dishwater. There is so little creativity in the middle of the pitch.

Hopefully I will eat my words after Tuesday night when we are up against a decent team.

Still, look on the bright side, I had a tenner on 4-0!

• Options

it was a dry night, no beer sold inside the ground, thought Rooney was excellent, Welbeck good and Carrick, Sterling better second half. Very subdued atmosphere though.

Why was it a dry night ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Why was it a dry night ?
    Uefa rules
  • Options

I had club wembley tickets (the middle tier) so I guess the rules don't apply to those seats. There were more kiosks selling booze then people!