Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Lithuania

13»

Comments

• Options

Anyone else feel aligned with 'Arry Kane ?

Proper normal lad from a normal Lundun faaamily, playing for his local club and now doing it for his country. Can picture him playing in the street as a kid with an England replica shirtt in wanting to be Shearer.

Schoolboy dreams stuff

Completely agree. I have done since he first started scoring for spurs in Europa league, never predicted he would get this far so quickly. He's really making me excited about England.
  • Options
    Optimistic for our National football and rugby sides (or arrogant if I'm talking to you and you're Scots/Irish/Welsh)
  • Options
    Want to see;

-----Barkley Hendo
    Ox - Rooney - Sterling
    ------------Kane
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Want to see;

-----Barkley Hendo
    Ox - Rooney - Sterling
    ------------Kane

Don't think Barkley would work in that role! In a 4231 you need a box to box midfielder (Henderson) and a genuine defensive midfielder alongside so that the full backs have the freedom to get forward and create the width!
  • Options
    I like the Carrick Henderson combo, I think it needs someone more attacking than Delph though who can be a number 10. That is definitely not Rooney either he needs to stay upfront and he deserves to with his form recently. So either need two upfront to play Kane or Sturridge next to him or someone like Wilshere infront of Carrick/Henderson to link up with the strikers a bit more. I still believe Barkley is a great talent but he doesn't really deserve to be in the team on his recent form for Everton. I think he should be at the U21s to build up some confidence and play with the likes of Kane there to be honest.
  • Options

se9addick said:

it was a dry night, no beer sold inside the ground, thought Rooney was excellent, Welbeck good and Carrick, Sterling better second half. Very subdued atmosphere though.

Why was it a dry night ?
    Uefa rules
    Makes my night seem even better now!
  • Options
    Carrick has never really floated my boat as a player. Very surprised he is getting international game time now
  • Options
    He's our best passer, intelligent and good defensively. Always rated him higher than Barry who had that spot for England for ages. There really is no one else who can do his job.
  • Options

I like the Carrick Henderson combo, I think it needs someone more attacking than Delph though who can be a number 10. That is definitely not Rooney either he needs to stay upfront and he deserves to with his form recently. So either need two upfront to play Kane or Sturridge next to him or someone like Wilshere infront of Carrick/Henderson to link up with the strikers a bit more. I still believe Barkley is a great talent but he doesn't really deserve to be in the team on his recent form for Everton. I think he should be at the U21s to build up some confidence and play with the likes of Kane there to be honest.

Agree with most of this but how can you say barkley can't be in the team due to form, then suggest wilshere, who hasn't played in ages, in his place?
  • Options
    Well Wilshire at least has performed well for England in the past and has looked good with Henderson under Hodgson which can be looked back on (like the reason for Welbeck playing) whereas Barkley just simply doesn't look like a good player at the moment. Also as with Carrick, there just isn't really any competition for Wilshere unfortunately as Barkley is a slightly different player himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welbeck gets a game because he can do more than one job. No one doubt that Austins, Ings etc are probably better finishers that him, but they can't do half the stuff Welbeck can on the wing and defensively.
  • Options

Carrick has never really floated my boat as a player. Very surprised he is getting international game time now

I quite like Carrick, very good at retaining possession and imo should have played, or at least been in the squad, at the WC due to conditions.

I think Wilshere is our best player there but obviously his injuries and therefore his form count against him.
  • Options
    @ValleyGary for me he is tidy and technically sound, he's just never immersed himself in games and put his stamp on it enough over the years for my liking
  • Options

it was a dry night, no beer sold inside the ground, thought Rooney was excellent, Welbeck good and Carrick, Sterling better second half. Very subdued atmosphere though.

That's England at Wembley NSS and why u can't hack it anymore. I don't belong there. It's not a fofootball ground when England play.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    CAFCsayer said:

Want to see;

-----Barkley Hendo
    Ox - Rooney - Sterling
    ------------Kane

wilshere instead of barkley. Great that from that we'd still have barkley, welbeck, sturridge and walcott on the bench. Finally a bit of strength in depth we've lacked for years. Starting to get cautiously optimistic about the England team at the next world cup...
  • Options
    Personally i wouldn't have Wiltshire anywhere near the first team.
  • Options
    Wiltshire seems to be rapidly going backwards to me. A Bolton fan told me that when he played there on loan he had a long run without injuries and looked the part, just wonder if he's going to be one of those whose whole career will be too stop-start.

• Options
    Wilshere won MOM for like 3 England games running in the autumn didn't he?

Staying fit is his biggest obstacle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Want to see;

-----Barkley Hendo
    Ox - Rooney - Sterling
    ------------Kane

I think that team would struggle to be honest, at least another five players needed to give the likes of the Italians a decent game...
  • Options
    Was it as quiet in the ground as it sounded on tv?
  • Options
    yep