Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone going to a game today?

Comments

• Options

Hyde v Stockport, big derby this as there are only 6 miles between them. Still not sure how my son managed to talk me in to going lol

Game was abandoned on 88 minutes! Stockport were leading 1-0
    There was an incredible downpour near the end and the pitch became so bad there was no way the game could continue, it was totally unplayable. County were also down to 10 men and hanging on to their slender lead so as you can imagine their travelling fans were not amused!!

Latest abandonment of a game I've ever attended...

• Options
    Phoenix win 1-0 weren't pretty but Ashford lose and Erith and Belvedere draw, eight games to go, looking forward to Sevenoaks away Wednesday night.
  • Options
    I went to the rugby instead, Saracens vs Harlequins, 84000 people at Wembley (I've given up waiting for Charlton to get there!)
  • Options
    Went to Saracens v Quins at Wembley. Decent game and a world record crowd for a club rugby match.
  • Options
    Watched a stream of Rangers v Cowdenbeath, that's 90 mins of my life I wont get back...
  • Options
    Went to Cheltenham v Plymouth. Holmes Dennis storming second half and was probably MOTM. Ansah took his goal well. Matt Taylor captaining Cheltenham and Danny Haynes there now, but involved today
  • Options
    I went to Crawley-Gillingham too.

MacLeod was as awful as I remember him. Even when he scored it came after he'd miscontrolled and the ball fortuitously came back to him. Brian Jensen also looked like he was playing a vets game.

Marvin Elliott nearly scored a beautiful own goal with a diving header.
  • Options
    I'll be going to the cricket at the MCG today. C'mon the Black Caps!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Went to Cheltenham v Plymouth. Holmes Dennis storming second half and was probably MOTM. Ansah took his goal well. Matt Taylor captaining Cheltenham and Danny Haynes there now, but involved today

Love going down to see the Robins.
    But with their top three scorers only amassing 10 goals between them, they do appear to be doomed.
    Going to the Cambridge game which may be the decider!

Their (shared) pitch can suffer from a touch of moisture though
  • Options
    Dumbarton 1-0 Falkirk. Game spoiled by high wind, but a cracking hit won it. All but ensures safety for the Sons and confirms 3 years in a row as the top part-time team in Scotland. We're king of the diddies :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I went to Crawley-Gillingham too.

MacLeod was as awful as I remember him. Even when he scored it came after he'd miscontrolled and the ball fortuitously came back to him. Brian Jensen also looked like he was playing a vets game.

Marvin Elliott nearly scored a beautiful own goal with a diving header.

Of our old boys, I would give Wood 7, McLeod 6, Ward 5. Wordsworth who was almost one of us had a good second half and deserved 7.
  • Options
    Love reading all the different reports
  • Options
    I did Orient v Vale with a few Vale fans from England away. Forgot how shite League 1 football is and how shite Dave Mooney is too...shame Super Kev wasn't there to round it off.
  • Options
    Going to Dulwich Hamlet v VCD Athletic, think this is my sixth Hamlet game this season (they seem to play a lot of Tuesday nights when we aren't).

Anyone else going to a match today ?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Not today, but went to see Stevenage v Mansfield (went with a Mansfield supporting mate)earlier in the week, it was nice to see Stevenage getting rolled over 2-0, after the last time Charlton went there and got beat (during our league 1 promotion season).

Mansfield have got a huge centre half who has scored 3 goals so far this season, he's a nightmare to play against at set pieces I nicknamed him Taff, because I can't say his surname, (edit Ryan Taffazolli apparently).

Was tempted to see Mansfield at Dagenham and Redbridge today, to put that bad memory to bed, but just too knackered.

As a sideline Teddy Sheringham was on the touch line managing Stevenage, who were shocking, and Mansfield are up to 7th in the table.
  • Options
    You should go and check out Northwich Victoria while you're at it !
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    It's really weird watching a match where you don't really know the players names, a lot less pressure, and a lot less stressful and dare I say it more enjoyable than watching Charlton.

Fans don't seem to really get on the players backs or slag them off, even when one of the Mansfield strikers missed an absolute sitter, the fans were still supportive.

Compare that to Palace away the previous week with bottles being chucked etc, I think I know what match I prefer.

And when the Mansfield players came over at the end to the fans, you could see it really meant a lot to them, rather than just picking up a nice big pay cheque, (there probably not) thank you very much.
  • Options
    Hendon v Met Police for me today.
  • Options

Yeah I'm at England vs Australia tonight can't get any better or bigger than that

That's that weird sport where they throw the odd shaped ball to one another while middle class men get drunk isn't it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Yeah I'm at England vs Australia tonight can't get any better or bigger than that

That's that weird sport where they throw the odd shaped ball to one another while middle class men get drunk isn't it ?
    Yes, that's the one. The one where public schoolboys act out their homo erotic fantasies whilst their chums play drinking games and set fire to each others are cracks! :wink:
  • Options

se9addick said:

Yes, that's the one. The one where public schoolboys act out their homo erotic fantasies whilst their chums play drinking games and set fire to each others are cracks! :wink:
    I think you're getting mixed up with the Tory party conference.
  • Options
    What are you all doing up before 9am on a Saturday?
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Couldn't sleep, big game tomorrow playing on my mind and...................Wolves have just taken the lead v Udders.
  • Options

Ha, some of you are in for a massive culture shock when you have kids. Got to bed well oiled at about 1.30 after @Carter wedding, yet the kids will have you awake at 6am.

Don't think I've been to a non-Charlton game for about 4 years now

• Options
    Ebbsfleet v Maidstone for me.
  • Options

Ha, some of you are in for a massive culture shock when you have kids. Got to bed well oiled at about 1.30 after @Carter wedding, yet the kids will have you awake at 6am.

Don't think I've been to a non-Charlton game for about 4 years now

Doesn't matter what age they are.

Children are no respecters of hangovers unless they are their own when completely different rules apply....
  • Options
    Hamlet 3-0 up at half time, not a great game to be honest, Dulwich miles better than VCD Athletic.
  • Options
    SF Giants v Colorado Rockies for me
  • Options
    Cant see this mentioned anywhere else but big shout to Jack Munns @ Cheltenham today... Has scored four goals in a 7-1 win