Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Vs Italy

13»

Comments

• Options

I can't see us beating any major teams while we remain a second rate version of them. No width, too slow, predictable, no long ball variant and no physical domination.

We are playing much neater football under Roy H but discarding the high-tempo and physical Premier League style that our players excel at, is a huge mistake in my view.

How many decent crosses did Kane get near last night excluding set pieces (two?). Hoe many patient tippy-tappy moves around the D resulted in a shot on target (one or two?). What % of our passes are backwards?

'They don't like it up'em Mr Mannering' and we shouldn't forget it. We won't win anything as the Spanish third XI.

I agree in part but it's very difficult to keep that sort of tempo and intensity for 90 minutes against sides that keep the ball so well. It hasn't worked well for any of the English sides in Europe this season.

I think Roy is trying to make us very quick on the counter attack and that unfortunately results in us being quite slow when in general possession.
  • Options
    All well and good picking out what the team, players, management do wrong but the fault lies squarely at the door of the Premier League and The FA who have failed this country by letting it be run by international influences. Simple.
  • Options
    In response to a few earlier posters, I did say "The last time we beat a major nation at a major tournament - not qualifiers". Euro 96 was almost twenty years ago, and obviously predates the 02 game versus the Argies. The 5-1 game versus the Krauts, was fantastic but was a qualifier for 02 WC, and look who ended up in the Final of that! I stand by my earlier point, that for whatever reason we do not produce the quality of player that can play at the highest tournament level.
  • Options
    Yeah, but you also quoted a 0-0 from 1990 as a highlight KA. Which was why I mentioned a match that took place 6 years after that one...
  • Options
    I bet the other teams are fearing england at the WC in Russia. We've got this in the bag. Might as well write our name on the cup now.