Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideas for 90's dance themed party.

All ideas possible time to start party planning I have a year so big ideas are possible, I need ideas for cake, food, decorations clothes etc thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    I can walk Rd selling e's trips puff
  • Options
    Food has got to be Salmon

Luuvely
  • Options
    Chicken Kiev and Oasis (band not drink)
  • Options
    Can't really go wrong with 90's dance music. . . . .
  • Options
    Try and get hold of some tab cola
  • Options
    I didn't realise you were that old Sadie. I wouldn't risk anything more than a slow waltz if I were you. as for clothes wear flat shoes, a tweed skirt & a thick cardie.
  • Options

I didn't realise you were that old Sadie. I wouldn't risk anything more than a slow waltz if I were you. as for clothes wear flat shoes, a tweed skirt & a thick cardie.

Cheeky!! I'm not old lol

Try and get hold of some tab cola

Absolutely I loved that!
  • Options
    Tab clear... Or some Lipton ice. But for proper 90s you want loads of bottles of hooch, Metz, mule, source, any alcopop you can grab :) my teeth hurt just remembering all that. And some 20/20 fruit wine
  • Options
    Party of the year potential this, heard the guest list is full of dreamers, professional widows, gypsy women and a firestarter!
  • Options
    If you like a bit of oasis/kaisers stuff this fella is superb
    www.mikedobie.co.uk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tune in to 'Absolute Radio 90s' for some musical tips
  • Options

www.mikedobie.co.uk

I'm guessing 90s DANCE passed you two by...
  • Options

www.mikedobie.co.uk

Like AFKA said music is sorted other half is an ex professional DJ (it's for his 40th) I have to play 90's Dance with a bit of 90's garage/old school/happy hardcore dream fm sort of thing. But I want to get full 90's club feel theme too.
  • Options
    Think Simply Red, Blue and Backstreet boys.

Fancy dress?

Tizer? Iron Bru?

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    buckshee said:

Mitsubishis

Late 90s those

Need a few of the early 90 doves
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you can remove the late 80s from this lot http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/52621/charlton-lifes-very-own-house-thread/p1 there will be some ideas.......

As an aside, I watched Northern Soul (film) last night - how good is that !!
  • Options
    This could help too http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-03-17/what-has-britain-been-having-for-dinner-through-the-decades - saw the 70s the other day and very entertaining.
  • Options
    Bez does party appearances for £50 a pop and he brings his own airbed and pills
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it all ticket
  • Options
    youtu.be/zaZukz5zfoY
    Always found this is worth an airing on these type of threads.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

www.mikedobie.co.uk

Like AFKA said music is sorted other half is an ex professional DJ (it's for his 40th) I have to play 90's Dance with a bit of 90's garage/old school/happy hardcore dream fm sort of thing. But I want to get full 90's club feel theme too.
    Sounds like a bundle of fun if absolutely everyone you are inviting is into it.

I would be in and out in five minutes, and my wife even quicker SJ.

Seriously, you might want to think about mixing (no pun intended) it up a bit, as I am sure there will be a few of your friends who might not want to listen to that kind of music all night?

• Options
    If my friends said I'm leaving as I dont like the music I'd open the door and kick em up the arse on the way out.

Its my party and i'll play what I want to.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

If my friends said I'm leaving as I dont like the music I'd open the door and kick em up the arse on the way out.

Its my party and i'll play what I want to.

That's your prerogative too C-I. I literally couldn't stand listening to that kind of music all night. At our wedding we didn't play rockabilly all night, because we appreciated that many of our guests would like to hear a mix of music.
  • Options
    Most people grinned and beared it at my wedding reception when i played a load of old irish waltzes for the old folks. No one moaned to me about it, they might have elsewhere.

Reckons 90's dance music at a 40th is a safe bet. Apart from those that like rockabilly, metal etc etc.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Most people grinned and beared it at my wedding reception when i played a load of old irish waltzes for the old folks. No one moaned to me about it, they might have elsewhere.

Reckons 90's dance music at a 40th is a safe bet. Apart from those that like rockabilly, metal etc etc.

That's my point mate - you played SOME Irish waltzes - SJ appears to be talking about playing dance music in one shape or form ALL NIGHT.

The DJs at our wedding played SOME rockabilly music, along with lots of other stuff.

I am not criticising the choice, just pointing out something she may not have considered.
  • Options
    Thing is if people know it's a theme party with a certain music played you don't have to go if you don't want too
  • Options

Thing is if people know it's a theme party with a certain music played you don't have to go if you don't want too

Exactly this!
  • Options
    christ, wait to Algarve hears there are children invited....