Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan sack Mackay

Just came through on my sky spts app

Comments

• Options
    10 games too late.
  • Options
    Ian Holloway is available.
  • Options
    What a shambles there, considering they were 5th last season, and under a highly regarded manager (Rosler)
  • Options
    Curbs is available
  • Options
    Shows how quickly a reputation can change.

Last season he was seen as young prem manager on the up.

Now sacked at a bottom of the champ club and with a stain on his reputation.

Did Dave Whelan sack him or his son?
  • Options

I'm sure Vincent Tan will be feeling smug this evening...
  • Options
    Vincent tan has lots on mackay I don't doubt that there's about to be a whole heap of mud about to hit malkay on the swede
  • Options
    Did that FA investigation on Mm finish?

Wonder if that is playing a part in this decicion?
  • Options

I think Whelan handed the reigns over to his grandson, so presume it must be him

Complete shambles now given what happened when they hired him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think I heard on Five Live it was not Dave whelan, it may have been his son or the MD /CEO
  • Options
    Seems strange timing to me, unless more revelations about Mackay are about to emerge. What chance has an interim or permanent replacement to turn things around with just 5 games of their season to go? It would have to be some "bounce" to get them out of trouble. Just hope that it doesn't give the spanners another boost in their fight.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Davo55 said:

Seems strange timing to me, unless more revelations about Mackay are about to emerge. What chance has an interim or permanent replacement to turn things around with just 5 games of their season to go? It would have to be some "bounce" to get them out of trouble. Just hope that it doesn't give the spanners another boost in their fight.

Yes, but they still have to play Millwall, Fulham & Brighton, so it's not impossible.

Fulham (A)
    Millwall (A)
    Brighton (H)
    Wolves (H)
    Brentford (A)
  • Options
    Wigan have gone. I suspect given the strange timing that this has a little bit of post match bust up about it. I hope they get enough lift from whoever to Nick a point at Milwall.
  • Options

Wigan have gone. I suspect given the strange timing that this has a little bit of post match bust up about it. I hope they get enough lift from whoever to Nick a point at Milwall.

We need them to appoint someone with a track record of beating Millwall, so that rules out anyone with Charlton connections...
  • Options
    The Wigan squad, a bit like Millwall's, is not too bad, on paper much better than (say) Rotherham's .. the failure(s) must be down to bad man management .. Wigan are pretty well doomed now .. I feel sorry for the Wiganites .. having said that, they wouldn't give 2 hoots if we were in the mire
  • Options

We need them to appoint someone with a track record of beating Millwall, so that rules out anyone with Charlton connections...
    Curbs 14/1
  • Options

To the contrary. Lawrence won in his first game as Middlesborough manager at Millwall. Powell won there with 10 men for Huddersfield .Even Parky bagged a draw for Bradford in the Cup.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

To the contrary. Lawrence won in his first game as Middlesborough manager at Millwall. Powell won there with 10 men for Huddersfield .Even Parky bagged a draw for Bradford in the Cup.
    So on that basis they become Millwall beaters as soon as they leave Charlton. Perhaps we should loan Luzon to them for that game...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McKay's record there is worse than Rosler's was this season. Can't say I am surprised.
  • Options
    I'll fix that for you…

What a shambles there, considering they were 5th last season, and under a highly regarded volatile manager (Rosler)

• Options
    I thought that Wigan looked OK when Charlton played them earlier in the season, it is a surprise about how poor they have been. Looking difficult for them to avoid the drop, hope they can help take Millwall with them.

Wigan probably have got someone in mind to take over. Maybe they think that the new manager make get a bounce and if they don't quite do it then this person will lead the rebuild in League One. McKay with all the unresolved baggage was never a positive choice.
  • Options
    I wonder .. I have a feeling that the new man will be a major surprise ... Joe Royle ?
  • Options
    brogib said:

Curbs is available

You ITK brogib???

• Options
    Curbs is back working for Fulham again with Kit Symons
  • Options

Curbs is back working for Fulham again with Kit Symons

Presume he'll be at The Valley tomorrow night then ..

• Options
    Can't see past Curbs with Appleton as assistant.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Yes, but they still have to play Millwall, Fulham & Brighton, so it's not impossible.

Fulham (A)
    Millwall (A)
    Brighton (H)
    Wolves (H)
    Brentford (A)
    All winnable
  • Options
    DW was known for keeping managers even when most thought they should have gone I remember Mythinez somehow surviving on a number of occasions, now his grandson is in charge and sacked a manager already