Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Penalty To Be Retaken - Tonight!!!

After incorrect refereeing decision in the 96th minute, UEFA confirm final seconds of England women's U19's European qualifier against Norway to be replayed tonight.

It isn't April 1st is it? Sets an awful precedent doesn't it?

Comments

• Options
    wow
  • Options
    Learn the laws eh Luv?

This is the culprit: image
  • Options
    Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

Didn't this happen in Barcelona a few years ago? I'm sure they kicked off at midnight to play the last few minutes of a game that had been abandoned.
  • Options

Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

Didn't this happen in Barcelona a few years ago? I'm sure they kicked off at midnight to play the last few minutes of a game that had been abandoned.
    It happened earlier this season, if I remember right, something happened with like 5 minutes left of a game and they had to stop the game and replay the last 5 minutes a few hours later.

I don't believe in Spain they have the same rule that we have, where the result stands after 70 minutes if they game is stopped for some reason
  • Options

Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

It happened earlier this season, if I remember right, something happened with like 5 minutes left of a game and they had to stop the game and replay the last 5 minutes a few hours later.

I don't believe in Spain they have the same rule that we have, where the result stands after 70 minutes if they game is stopped for some reason
    We don't have that rule though?

Welling v Bromley was abandoned in the 87th min a few years back and the whole game was replayed.
  • Options

Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

Welling v Bromley was abandoned in the 87th min a few years back and the whole game was replayed.
    Not to forget our game against Doncaster (I think) where we were losing 3-1 (I think) and then was replayed. We won.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

Not to forget our game against Doncaster (I think) where we were losing 3-1 (I think) and then was replayed. We won.
    That was at HT
  • Options
    Birds and football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

Nice little double payday on the crowd...... :)
  • Options
    What's the potential outcome of a goal / no goal ?

Does the whole team need to turn up or just the kicker and keeper?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    PL54 said:

I suppose that depends on whether there was any time left after the kick was awarded?

*Edit* Which there must be as there was time for the free kick to be taken...
  • Options

Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

That's not the case here though - the game wasn't abandoned, it was played through to conclusion but they're replaying from the moment an incorrect decision was made by the referee.

Surely this opens a huge can of worms - what if an incorrect decision was made in the 6th minute rather than the 96th minute, would play start all over again from there ? If not, what's the cut off point ? What calibre of mistake will result in every moment from the mistake to the end of the game being replayed ?

It's such a ridiculous decision that it feels like an April fool even though it's not the 1st.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Just mentioned it on SSNHQ, everyone has to be there, including stewards, Ambulance, Uefa officials
    the players have to warm up on the pitch before the game, the players have to be the exact same players that was on the pitch at the end of the original game, basically it has to be as if they was gonna play a full match.

the issue is with England playing this afternoon they might get an injury to someone who played that game and they can't play tonight, Uefa have said if that is the case they will cross that bridge when it comes to it as no protocol is in place for that.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

That was at HT
    Brisbane Roar v Wellington Phoenix a couple of weeks ago was called off after 71 mins, due to bad weather. The result stood (2-1 Wellington). A-League rules states that if a game continues after halftime, the result stands. From what I understand, no other FA has this rule, used in Australia.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Just mentioned it on SSNHQ, everyone has to be there, including stewards, Ambulance, Uefa officials
    the players have to warm up on the pitch before the game, the players have to be the exact same players that was on the pitch at the end of the original game, basically it has to be as if they was gonna play a full match.

the issue is with England playing this afternoon they might get an injury to someone who played that game and they can't play tonight, Uefa have said if that is the case they will cross that bridge when it comes to it as no protocol is in place for that.
    Norway are also playing this afternoon, so they face the same issue.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Stone said:

Learn the laws eh Luv?

That's not the case here though - the game wasn't abandoned, it was played through to conclusion but they're replaying from the moment an incorrect decision was made by the referee.

Surely this opens a huge can of worms - what if an incorrect decision was made in the 6th minute rather than the 96th minute, would play start all over again from there ? If not, what's the cut off point ? What calibre of mistake will result in every moment from the mistake to the end of the game being replayed ?

It's such a ridiculous decision that it feels like an April fool even though it's not the 1st.
    It's not ridiculous. The laws of the game state that a penalty has to be taken. It's irrelevant to any other law challenges.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

All in the same country ?

It's stupid
  • Options
    It's very unorthodox I can see it causing a lot more appeals in the future too.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

All in the same country ?

It's stupid
    Yes, most u21, u19, u17 qualifiers etc. have a group of 4 teams and 1 country hosts all 6 games within a week.
    Norway and England both playing other matches at 4pm today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_UEFA_Women's_Under-19_Championship_qualification#Group_4_2
  • Options
    It should be noted that this error wasn't a matter of opinion by the referee, they get decisions wrong in every game. She got the law wrong, which is very different.
  • Options
    Stone said:

It should be noted that this error wasn't a matter of opinion by the referee, they get decisions wrong in every game. She got the law wrong, which is very different.

Quite true - although didn't her assistants try to help correct the ref?
  • Options
    Playing Switzerland now and the same player just scored a penalty, good practice for tonight
  • Options
    Stone said:

This.
    Why did she not listen to the English Girl who put the ball back on the spot to retake. That should of rang a few bells.

After Sian Massey-Ellis proving over 5 seasons she is very good at her job of assistant Referee, this just proves that a women can get the law wrong just like a male referee.
    Take Graham Poll and his 3 Card trick.

• Options

Stone said:

This.
    Why did she not listen to the English Girl who put the ball back on the spot to retake. That should of rang a few bells.

After Sian Massey-Ellis proving over 5 seasons she is very good at her job of assistant Referee, this just proves that a women can get the law wrong just like a male referee.
    Take Graham Poll and his 3 Card trick.

Lets not forget Mick Russell booked a player twice and never sent him off

and also Mick Russell walked a 10 yard wall out and then walked forward so it turned out the wall was less than 10 yards

and Also a ref called Mick Russell once sent a player off and gave a penalty despite the fact the player had blood on his lip proving the ball hit him in the face
  • Options
    Once a ball clipped my hand and hit my face cutting my lip whilst I was playing football