Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Penalty To Be Retaken - Tonight!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    This seems by far and away the most logical decision. If this happened in the mens game I'd expect the same to be done. The law was applied incorrectly, and there was only 18 seconds left. Once the penalty is retaken that will be it. Replaying the whole match would be crazy and not doing anything would be wrong.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Stone said:

It should be noted that this error wasn't a matter of opinion by the referee, they get decisions wrong in every game. She got the law wrong, which is very different.

This.
    Why did she not listen to the English Girl who put the ball back on the spot to retake. That should of rang a few bells.

After Sian Massey-Ellis proving over 5 seasons she is very good at her job of assistant Referee, this just proves that a women can get the law wrong just like a male referee.
    Take Graham Poll and his 3 Card trick.

Lets not forget Mick Russell booked a player twice and never sent him off

and also Mick Russell walked a 10 yard wall out and then walked forward so it turned out the wall was less than 10 yards

and Also a ref called Mick Russell once sent a player off and gave a penalty despite the fact the player had blood on his lip proving the ball hit him in the face
    I really didn't want to mention Mick Russell as it's so soon and i break down in tears every time i hear that name.

Back to the England U19 game
    Getting the law wrong by this referee is one of the worst cases. Even Sunday referee's should know this law about the Penalty being re taken.
    If i was the manager i would have been on the pitch in person to point this out.

But mistaken identity thou bad, could be helped out by the assistant or 4th official.

Solly's sending off has been argued to death now, But hearing the views at Millwall at H/T the consensus was 50/50 among the sober fans, and 100% that it wasn't a penalty among the drunk fans.

A brave ref would have given the penalty but not sent him off because even thou i thought it hit his fingers before smashing into his face, any hand ball didn't stop the ball going into the net, his face did. so by the letter of the law...........

• Options
    About twelve years ago, the Spanish cup final between Deportivo and Valencia was abandoned with ten minutes to go and the score at 1-1, because of a torrential downpour. The last ten minutes were played about four days later, and Deportivo won 2-1.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Solly's sending off has been argued to death now, But hearing the views at Millwall at H/T the consensus was 50/50 among the sober fans, and 100% that it wasn't a penalty among the drunk fans.

LOL.
    Did you ask them to form 2 orderly queues for a head count Sam? ;-)
  • Options

LOL.
    Did you ask them to form 2 orderly queues for a head count Sam? ;-)
    What i did Mr Nuts was i found a box to stand on and had a Breathalyzer which i set to a random 8 pints. Any one who was over the eight may not have been drunk but were visually impaired or to busy giving wanker signs to the Millwall fans to have seen it.

I'm afraid there was no orderly queue, but a good cross section of Addicks, young and old. salt of the earth types, one and all.

Still not sure how the Millwall fans knew i was a CAFC fan as i walked past the pubs of the old Kent road and back streets in the pouring rain with my anorak, breathalzer, Train timetable, Themos and Clipboard ?

Maybe their not us silly as they look ?

• Options
    Matters even more now...

Both England and Norway won this afternoon.
    Both have 6 points, england +10 GD and Norway +9

If England score the penalty they qualify.
    If they miss it, Norway go through and England have to hope they are the best 2nd place team
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32231318

- happening in 3 minutes, apparently... a goal sends England through, a miss sends England home (The Netherlands being the best 2nd-placed team).

Looking at the results in the qualifying campaign, Northern Ireland look pretty dreadful, don't they?
  • Options
    GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Options
    Ha.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both England and Norway go through
  • Options
    Great Pen to be fair
  • Options

Once a ball clipped my hand and hit my face cutting my lip whilst I was playing football

A `friend` of mine has been hit in the face by a couple of balls in his time, too, Ooh Aah.

• Options

Once a ball clipped my hand and hit my face cutting my lip whilst I was playing football

I put it to you sir, that that is, in fact, a barefaced lie... :wink:
  • Options

I remember you trying to claim scoring a goal you got nowhere near. But because of you celebrating it as yours and the rest of us giving you a "wtf are you doing" reaction, the red deemed something fishy went on and disallowed it for you hand balling it.
    Think we travelled back from Brighton to play that game one Sunday morning back in the day.
  • Options
    Just call me cynical but if as a result of England scoring the penalty against Norway both of them went through, is it reasonable to assume that as long a she didn't do anything stupid like miss the target altogether she was gonna score? That said the goalie did make an apparently good effort and did the tearing hair out routine when the ball went in. Just sayin.
  • Options
    Poor Netherlands :(
  • Options

Just call me cynical but if as a result of England scoring the penalty against Norway both of them went through, is it reasonable to assume that as long a she didn't do anything stupid like miss the target altogether she was gonna score? That said the goalie did make an apparently good effort and did the tearing hair out routine when the ball went in. Just sayin.

I think there could have been scope for some kind of foul play, but actually, it looked pretty genuine.