Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

1100101102103104106»

Comments

• Options
    Cash Only in a packed pret at gatwick this morning as the card machines are down. The queue disappears leaving a few of us dinosaurs that had cash on us to get to the front 😁
    Loved it in New York where many eateries have a cash price and a dearer card price - not a huge amount, but enough to make the card freaks pay the bank's charges rather than the seller.    
  • Options
    I was in full panic mode today, the fairly new seat I sit In which is leather and part of a 3 piece suite which I had thought had worn away exposing a small piece of undercloth of the leather on a cushion. I noticed it when the wife was out, so I had time to really panic and get in an utter shambolic state. I tried furniture polish, ringing up the manufacturers to see if they kept a spare cushion, contacting a leather upholsterer to see if they could repair it, well you name I tried it, nothing worked and the whole 3 piece suite was wrecked. I thought could I sit on the patch but I knew she (known by the kids a hawk eyes) would soon see it. It even crossed my mind to ring our solicitor and ask her to add another section to the will, along the lines of if the wife murders me, all the my assets goes to the kids. 

Anyway in she walks, thought to myself be brave and tell her straight, well I almost did but the grovelling and snivelling might have let me down at this point. The rotten woman only turns rounds and said, oh yes I noticed that last night, I spilt something on it and left it to dry so I could just scratch it off, which she duly did. By Christ weren’t I relieved and happy to still be alive. Sometimes honesty is the best policy.
  • Options
    I was in full panic mode today, the fairly new seat I sit In which is leather and part of a 3 piece suite which I had thought had worn away exposing a small piece of undercloth of the leather on a cushion. I noticed it when the wife was out, so I had time to really panic and get in an utter shambolic state. I tried furniture polish, ringing up the manufacturers to see if they kept a spare cushion, contacting a leather upholsterer to see if they could repair it, well you name I tried it, nothing worked and the whole 3 piece suite was wrecked. I thought could I sit on the patch but I knew she (known by the kids a hawk eyes) would soon see it. It even crossed my mind to ring our solicitor and ask her to add another section to the will, along the lines of if the wife murders me, all the my assets goes to the kids. 

Anyway in she walks, thought to myself be brave and tell her straight, well I almost did but the grovelling and snivelling might have let me down at this point. The rotten woman only turns rounds and said, oh yes I noticed that last night, I spilt something on it and left it to dry so I could just scratch it off, which she duly did. By Christ weren’t I relieved and happy to still be alive. Sometimes honesty is the best policy.
    What colour was the stain?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

What colour was the stain?
    That’s what really worried me, being 71 it was light brown.
  • Options

• Options
    Watching Emily Thornberry squirm in the Politics Live studio this lunchtime when asked about private health care issues as per last night's debate...

Odious woman with the face I wouldn't hesitate to punch if the opportunity arose. 

( NOTHING to do with politics in general as I've held my opinion for a long time)
  • Options
    Knowing I'm off work with the family for the next 5 days. 
  • Options
    Served as a small reminder there are plenty of kind people around…

Saw a news article about the need for more o-type blood donors, I just logged onto the blood donation website to see when my next appointment is and there’s a 23 minute queue to get on the site. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walking into school this morning to be greeted by one of the lads wearing his gifted Charlton shirt .
  • Options

Had my Car Insurance quote through the other day (Been with Hastings Direct this last year), going from £381 > £531... Straight away thought f**k that so jumped on MoneySupermarket to see where else I could go.

1stCentral (Who?) offered me £282 for the year, Admiral offered me £320 for the year.

So already I knew I could go elsewhere...

But have to add that my Renewal process with Hastings has been excellent this year, been able to change bits on my Policy online, been able to automatically cancel my renewal online... all without the game of having to potentially fake cancel over the phone, which ends up with you staying, because they're suddenly able to get me a "competitive deal"

I HATE that game, I'm not a fan of talking to these Companies over the phone at the best of times, just offer me the best price, and save us all the time and hassle of pissing about.

Well when I did cancel my auto-policy; Hastings also asked me to submit online, why... and if there are better quotes out there, who are offering them, and at what price... So entered the 1stCentral quote, which Hastings have now beaten offering me £267 for the year, and because I pay for my Car Insurance on a monthly basis... Its meant I've been able to reduce my Payments by £5 p/m.

RESULT!!

• Options

Had my Car Insurance quote through the other day (Been with Hastings Direct this last year), going from £381 > £531... Straight away thought f**k that so jumped on MoneySupermarket to see where else I could go.

1stCentral (Who?) offered me £282 for the year, Admiral offered me £320 for the year.

So already I knew I could go elsewhere...

But have to add that my Renewal process with Hastings has been excellent this year, been able to change bits on my Policy online, been able to automatically cancel my renewal online... all without the game of having to potentially fake cancel over the phone, which ends up with you staying, because they're suddenly able to get me a "competitive deal"

I HATE that game, I'm not a fan of talking to these Companies over the phone at the best of times, just offer me the best price, and save us all the time and hassle of pissing about.

Well when I did cancel my auto-policy; Hastings also asked me to submit online, why... and if there are better quotes out there, who are offering them, and at what price... So entered the 1stCentral quote, which Hastings have now beaten offering me £267 for the year, and because I pay for my Car Insurance on a monthly basis... Its meant I've been able to reduce my Payments by £5 p/m.

RESULT!!

You did what everyone should do.
  • Options
    Steve Clarke's deadpan reaction to everything, good or bad. Refreshing change from 'passionate' managers gnashing and wailing or flinging their arms about like Italians. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Steve Clarke's deadpan reaction to everything, good or bad. Refreshing change from 'passionate' managers gnashing and wailing or flinging their arms about like Italians. 
    Didn't Appleton have a similar demeanour? Never seemed to be appreciated at the time...  :D  
  • Options
    Hopefully, Rees-Mogg doing a Portillo. 
  • Options
    Clarke is calm, Appleton was inert