Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Please you

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Julia Donaldson. 

The woman’s a genius. Currently watching the snail and the whale on TV and my daughters engrossed. 

Bed time stories consist of The Gruffallo, Zog and Stickman. We both love them all.
  • "more than half of UK children are unable to identify a stinging nettle"

I think our school bullies are really failing us. When I was young everyone knew what a stinging nettle looked like and everyone knew never to stand near a nettle patch when the bully was around.  ;)
  • Stig said:
    "more than half of UK children are unable to identify a stinging nettle"

I think our school bullies are really failing us. When I was young everyone knew what a stinging nettle looked like and everyone knew never to stand near a nettle patch when the bully was around.  ;)
    But we had the cure also - with a dock leaf!   
  • Stig said:
    "more than half of UK children are unable to identify a stinging nettle"

God I was stupid once... Some bullies threw a mates ball into a small patch of stinging nettles, I lent down to get it before they'd gone and got pushed into it!!
  • Hearing a child that attends Reading dog sessions at the local school we attend read out the weather forecast on the local radio station. 
  • Putting my glass recycling out and for the first time in about five years my box doesn’t contain five or six empty vodka bottles which pleases me greatly.
  • Friday lunchtime, standing at the bar of a Belgian beer house, drinking, eating fried halloumi bites and reading Charlton life on deadline day 
  • Putting my glass recycling out and for the first time in about five years my box doesn’t contain five or six empty vodka bottles which pleases me greatly.
    Four is less than five or six?

More seriously I definitely need to cut back my weeks drinking and am finding it difficult to break the habit so fantastic to hear both you’ve managed to cut back and are so happy you have.

keep on with that thought. 
  • Sponsored links:

Ah, you chucked em in next door's box. Great idea.
  • Lend me a fiver

• Working my way through the beers left over from NYE in the garage fridge while cooking a Sunday roast. Have gone from Peroni to Morettie, Camden Hells and am now on Frontier.
  • Camden Hells ❤️❤️❤️
  • The perfect cuppa. The one that's brewed just right, is the perfect temperature, the perfect splash of milk, (sugar too if you must) doesn't happen often.
  • Waking up hungover and finding a whole apple crumble in the fridge. Returning to bed with said crumble. Eating it straight from the dish with ambrosia custard. The joy of discovering it was actually an apple and raspberry crumble.

Happy
    Was it your crumble though !! 
  • Waking up hungover and finding a whole apple crumble in the fridge. Returning to bed with said crumble. Eating it straight from the dish with ambrosia custard. The joy of discovering it was actually an apple and raspberry crumble.

Happy
    Nice, I’m making apple crumble to have after the roast I’m also cooking today.

Finish that then flop on the sofa to watch a film.
  • Sponsored links:

• The winning dog at Crufts curling one out on its lap of honour 
  • Having a good old Sunday sesh then treating myself to this 

• MrOneLung said:
    Waking up hungover and finding a whole apple crumble in the fridge. Returning to bed with said crumble. Eating it straight from the dish with ambrosia custard. The joy of discovering it was actually an apple and raspberry crumble.

Happy
    Was it your crumble though !! 
    It wasn't. It was apparently meant for us to have with friends we had round last night. Oops. She had to make a Chocolate Mousse for that instead. Shame
  • I've been dogged by my shoelace coming undone lately and due to my 'powerful' physique retying is a bit awkward in the street.  Anyway, thanks to a Youtube video I've learnt a new method of tying and it works a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwqQvKtmefE
  • Wondering if @Stig looks enviously across at @StigThundercock

• I've been dogged by my shoelace coming undone lately and due to my 'powerful' physique retying is a bit awkward in the street.  Anyway, thanks to a Youtube video I've learnt a new method of tying and it works a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwqQvKtmefE
    Thanks for that.
    Same problem here. Even down to the powerful physique 😀
    Will try that way of tying the laces.
    Oddly it’s only the right foot that comes untied and not on all of my shoes just some of them.
  • I always do a double knot before the bow, holds better
  • The noise a fried cheese sandwich makes when you cut it in half