Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Getting home to find the pair of Kingfishers back on our lake. First time I've seen them in 3 years, assuming it's the same pair
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Getting home to find the pair of Kingfishers back on our lake. First time I've seen them in 3 years, assuming it's the same pair
    I'm more of a Cobra man myself.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    I'm more of a Cobra man myself.
    Tsingtao nice n all
  • Options
    I admire Karl Baxter's spirit.  He has stood in to help shift the 10,600 pieces of dodgy Platinum 'Jubbly' stock.

He is offering a 90% wholesale discount from £323,892 to a mere £32,400.

"What could be more unique than our our limited edition misprinted crockery. These are are as you say the Creme de la Menth"

• Options
    Here's a real jubbly.

Jubbly Frozen Drinks - Do You Remember
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Girlfriend has two late shifts this week!!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Girlfriend has two late shifts this week!!

I hope you’ve got supplies in! 😉
  • Options
    Something very nice about Liz Truss wearing a Russian hat
  • Options
    I like Ros Atkin's  short pieces on various news items. 

Non political, just an outline on what's happening and why.  Watched the Ukrainian one this morning, very informative.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p095rjk1/ros-atkins-on  
  • Options
    Watching Channel Four news and seeing a little kid in a Charlton shirt. Little things please little minds ;)
  • Options
    Booking my flights for the Lincoln game 😁
  • Options
    Booking my flights for the Lincoln game 😁
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/17017/general-things-that-annoy-you#latest

Here is this thread for you to use post Lincoln game

So about 5mins after FT you can question why you bothered coming to the Lincoln game ;)
  • Options
    There is nothing nice about Liz Truss , ever. Lately  she has said the NI rise is to pay for the Government Covid debt....
    Boris claimed that it was to help pay for his Care of the elderly.  Is someone lieing?
    And you like this? Wrong thread maybe?
  • Options
    There is nothing nice about Liz Truss , ever. Lately  she has said the NI rise is to pay for the Government Covid debt....
    Boris claimed that it was to help pay for his Care of the elderly.  Is someone lieing?
    I think you may have taken my comment a bit too seriously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Despite the disappointment of TeamGB only getting silver in the curling, I love the fact that the whole of the club in Stranraer was decked out in the union flag. I'm even more pleased that this will be incredibly grating for Nicola Sturgeon...
  • Options
    why wouldn’t it be?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    why wouldn’t it be?
    Because if you believe what you hear from some politicians, the concept of unionism and support for GB as a concept is in the minority. It pleased me that 100% of the people in the club were decked out in the Union Jack. 
  • Options
    Scoring 3rd row tickets for The London Palladium panto on Christmas Eve (thanks for the heads up @charltonman2016 )
  • Options
    4 wins on the bounce  ;)
  • Options
    4 wins on the bounce  ;)
    Never heard of that? Maybe a foggy distant memory of something similar?!
  • Options
    Buying a packet of dry cure bacon (8 rashers) and finding it actually contains 9. Tomorrow's bacon sandwich will just that little bit thicker.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Getting a free bet on the horses from Bob's lot and putting it all on a horse called Indy Five purely because for a while many years ago I went out with a rather lovely girl called Indy.
    And the thing only led all the way round to finish ten lengths clear (the horse, not the girl*). Thank you, bobs lot.

* that was more like 'unseated rider'
  • Options
    Getting a house and contents insurance renewal and it’s 30% cheaper than last year. Shame nothing else will be cheaper.