Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    finding out that my teenage daughter has been following Charlton on Instagram for 2 years. I've taken her to games and bought her the kit - but she did this of her own back (I haven't got a clue about instagram) and suggests she has the bug...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Had a KFC on Sunday night - probably my first one in about 6 years.

It was unbelievably nice. Moist and oily chicken with that gravy which is to die for.

Chips were garbage but anything is compared to McDonald's.

Think I'll be giving the colonel a few more visits.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Veggie mixed grill
  • Options
    Autumn arriving.

Much more of a Spring/autumn fan than summer - t-shirt and jeans weather over being boiling, pretty colours everywhere, taking my kids on walks and blackberry picking, leaf kicking, puddle jumping etc, having comfort food like soups and stews, and film nights when it's drawn in a bit outside....
  • Options
    Autumn arriving.

Much more of a Spring/autumn fan than summer - t-shirt and jeans weather over being boiling, pretty colours everywhere, taking my kids on walks and blackberry picking, leaf kicking, puddle jumping etc, having comfort food like soups and stews, and film nights when it's drawn in a bit outside....
    Where were you this summer, could not have been in England, apart from about two weeks  :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Autumn arriving.

Where were you this summer, could not have been in England, apart from about two weeks  :)
    True!!  Bizarre how different it was to last year when I swear we had about 5 months of summer.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Veggie mixed grill
    Say what now?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Veggie mixed grill
    Say what now?
    Two sausages , two bacon, steak, chicken fillet, chips ,a vegetarian and some chips. 

a veggie mixed grill. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "working from home"

went to my parents house with the kids this morning, eldest went to school then I walked the youngest to school before coming back and having breakfast with my mum and dad.

might go for a haircut then to the pub 
    Christ dont strain something mate...

In the time you've managed to do all that I've just about managed to get dressed properly
  • Options
    "working from home"

went to my parents house with the kids this morning, eldest went to school then I walked the youngest to school before coming back and having breakfast with my mum and dad.

might go for a haircut then to the pub 
    Christ dont strain something mate...

In the time you've managed to do all that I've just about managed to get dressed properly
    good point, I might save the hair cut for tomorrow
  • Options
    Just found this at my parents house 

• Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    When while exercising your dogs in the school fields you find a child’s lost Alice band, putting it somewhere safe until you reach the lost property table where you can’t find it you assume you’ve dropped it again. That is until you reach the classrooms reflective glass!
  • Options
    Went to my coffee shop of choice the other day and the barista called out my order, 'Cappuccino, regular to have in?' 

I was quite impressed as hadn't been there for over 18 months.
  • Options
    Obnoxious politicians pratfalling - couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

• Options
    Spotting an empty stretch of otherwise busy beach (Woolacombe)
  • Options
    Just replaced the brake rotors and pads on the Mustang. Took a day and a half of my weekend. Spent 4 hours removing one rusty rusty bolt that took out two of my wrenches. 

Just took it for a test drive and the car stops perfectly. No more steering wheel rattle!

Absolutely delighted as I nearly took the car to the mechanics but decided to see if I could do it myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a free 48-hour trial on a Canon RP Mirrorless camera coming on Friday so can basically spend the weekend trying it before I consider investing in an improved camera body - Just had a phone call from the company saying that due to a shortage of Delivery drivers its being sent tomorrow instead with no additional charge
  • Options
    I like the idea of standardising charging devices for phones and small electrical devices. 

Probably a bit late for me, I must have a dozen around the house and have long forgotten which kit goes with which one. 

It must be good for the future of the planet though, it'll cut a huge amount of waste.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/eu-to-introduce-standard-phone-charger-by-2024-1.4681901, it'll 
  • Options
    Driving past the queues of petrol buying arseholes today and giving them all the Nescafé shuffle.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Driving past the queues of petrol buying arseholes today and giving them all the Nescafé shuffle.
    How do you know which ones are the arseholes? Presumably at least some of them would have been buying petrol anyway.
  • Options
    The arseholes know
  • Options
    Walking past an oncoming woman then stepping into her slipstream and smelling her perfume.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Cycling past the queues of petrol buying arseholes today and giving them all a cheery hello.
    FIFY
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    What do I win for predicting a AFKA last word on the fuel thread? ;) 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    How can you be idlehans and give a Nescafe shuffle?