Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JBG - Hull Interest

Comments

• Options

Are you aware that Hull is to be the 2017 City of Culture and the city centre is to undergo a multi-million pound redevelopment? No? Well it is. And I still wouldn't want to live there.

Millions is not enough.

But in the interests of balance I do like the people though.
  • Options
    Hull maybe a shit hole, it used to also stink of rotting fish, but having lived in Beverly ... The place not the girl, I can assure you the only think wrong with living in North Humberside is that it's 200 miles too far North.

In my three years living up their I had a great time, some of the best years of my career and a fantastic social life.

If Hull do want JBG then it's a deal that won't be done till the summer when he knows which division they will be in and we will be able to get top dollar for him as Hull will want him more than we will need to sell him. Hopefully though we will have him for at least another 12 months.
  • Options
    I think they will drop this year tbh.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Sorry if this hand been posted elsewhere:

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-papertalk/story-26348467-detail/story.html

Interesting to see an quote from Guy in there so I imagine there is sum substance to this

Suck my balls was Guy Luzon's response.
  • Options
    It's better than coventry, but is a shit hole
  • Options
    JBG should be aware that there is a saying "From Hell, Hull and Halifax Lord Deliver us" - as my Dad is from near Halifax and my Mum from near Hull I can testify to its truth!
  • Options
    Where is Atletico Addick when you need him? Isn't he our ITK poster with regards to Johann?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Why would he want to live in Hull?

Hull ?.. not Mayfair by any means, but East/North Yorkshire or North Lincolnshire ? (e.g.Beverley, Brigg)... very nice countryside, friendly people and a £2,000,000 London mansion is yours for £600,000
    Also been voted worst place to live in the UK in the past few years. More than once...
    if you're gullible to believe that, you'll believe anything .. how long in the past 20 years have you spent in Hull ? .. ever spent any time in Woolwich/Thamesmead or New Cross/Peckham lately ?
    Let's be serious here for a second, Hull is a fecking dive.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Hull ?.. not Mayfair by any means, but East/North Yorkshire or North Lincolnshire ? (e.g.Beverley, Brigg)... very nice countryside, friendly people and a £2,000,000 London mansion is yours for £600,000
    Also been voted worst place to live in the UK in the past few years. More than once...
    if you're gullible to believe that, you'll believe anything .. how long in the past 20 years have you spent in Hull ? .. ever spent any time in Woolwich/Thamesmead or New Cross/Peckham lately ?
    Let's be serious here for a second, Hull is a fecking dive.
    spent a lot of time there have you ? .. where's your 'home town' ?
  • Options
    I lived there for 3 years, I think that's long enough to know it's a dive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

what kept you there so long in misery ? .. Uni ? .. a woman ? .. (:>) ... ( I think Hull is a lot better than several largish British towns/cities I could name .. BUT .. in the final analysis, it's all a matter of experience and opinion)
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Why the hell would he want to go to Hull there be in the championship next season anyway ..... He will sign a year extension o his contract no more then that

And you know this how?

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Why the hell would he want to go to Hull there be in the championship next season anyway ..... He will sign a year extension o his contract no more then that

I fear that he could end up at somewhere like Stoke or WBA .. where he'd get a regular game at a higher level .. let's all hope not
  • Options
    Bidding starts at £12mil, buy him now £18mil.

The prem teams have a shed load of cash. No player going there from the Championship, at any age, should be less than £5mil.

All clubs need to raise their prices significantly as it is the only way we can start the share out of the riches. If the championship owners have not discussed this, they should.
  • Options

what kept you there so long in misery ? .. Uni ? .. a woman ? .. (:>) ... ( I think Hull is a lot better than several largish British towns/cities I could name .. BUT .. in the final analysis, it's all a matter of experience and opinion)
    I never said I was miserable, I said Hull is a dive.
  • Options
    I've a lot of good friends from Hull, a great bunch.....but not one of them chooses to live anywhere near there any more
  • Options

PL54 said:

As I'm based in Yorkshire, I am guessing more than you over the last 5 years?
  • Options

Is it better than that urban cesspit otherwise known as Beckenham Lincs?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Beverley is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015

I never said I was miserable, I said Hull is a dive.
    You certainly seem less miserable in China than you were when you were Stu_of_HU6 (i think it was 6)
  • Options
    Hull -

Last time we played Hull in an evening game, (6ish years ago), we stayed overnight.

When we arrived, at MIDDAY, to check into the hotel, (something like Premier Inn).
    There was a bloke having a piss against the outside wall.

The following morning, we wanted some brekkie, before coming home & there was a Weatherspoons right there.

It was rammo at 10AM & few were eating. There was a number of women in their 80's knocking back the drink, memorable I have to say.
    Never seen so many pissed people at 10am.

Hull - UK City of Culture 2017
  • Options

Last time we played Hull in an evening game, (6ish years ago), we stayed overnight.

When we arrived, at MIDDAY, to check into the hotel, (something like Premier Inn).

The following morning, we wanted some brekkie, before coming home & there was a Weatherspoons right there.

It was rammo at 10AM & few were eating. There was a number of women in their 80's knocking back the drink, memorable I have to say.

When was the last time you went through Catford!
  • Options
    edited April 2015

PL54 said:

As I'm based in Yorkshire, I am guessing more than you over the last 5 years?
    well Yorkshire is a big county .. you're 'based' there ... visit Hull regularly do you from your 'base' .. if it's so awful, why bother ? .. and as for 'the worst place to live in the UK' .. I don't care who 'voted' in this poll, in my opinion (note my opinion), whatever the poll was, whatever the question that was asked, I know that I have been to far worse places than Hull .. AND, I am in Hull usually once a week, sometimes twice, so the odds (I am guessing), I'm there more often than your good self
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Off_it said:

Beverley is
    ssshhhh .. don't tell them all this .. otherwise the paradise that is Greater 'Ull will be overrun by whingeing cockneys all looking to buy a bargain drum
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

When was the last time you went through Catford!
    Or Lee or Lewisham.......

Good and bad everywhere, although Middlesbrough and Wolverhampton as towns are a bit ropey.

I live in Bromley and I think is a nice area, some people will probably think otherwise, all about personal taste.
  • Options
    Lee is ok. I stopped off there last week on the way to the Fulham game.