Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JBG - Hull Interest

Comments

• Options

Lee is ok. I stopped off there last week on the way to the Fulham game.

I was dragged up in Lee .. it aint what it was .. fings generally aint wot they uset to be
  • Options
    I used to live on Lee Church Street, next to what was The Swan boozer.

Walking from a SE3 postcode into a SE12/SE13 one, the difference in areas is alarming.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Walking from a SE3 postcode into a SE12/SE13 one, the difference in areas is alarming.

my bestest pal lived on that Street, right at the bottom, just off Lee High road opposite the pub, next to the garage, if it's still there .. I forget the number .. I went to Lee Church Street school as a nipper, not the 'new building', the old one built in about 1870 .. but I bet you're a lot younger than me .. and the postcode ? .. I lived in the last street in SE13 before SE3, a constant annoyance to mum who would have given her eye teeth to 'live in Blackheath' .. Lee Church Street is SE12 is it not ?
  • Options
    I

my bestest pal lived on that Street, right at the bottom, just off Lee High road opposite the pub .. forget the number .. I went to Lee Church Street school as a nipper, not the 'new building', the old one built in about 1870 .. but I bet you're a lot younger than me
    I'm 49 and lived there from 77-79 at number 32, opposite The Greyhound pub.

During that time Richie Bowman lived towards the bottom of the road, he was playing for Reading then.

I went to John Ball primary.
  • Options

Are you aware that Hull is to be the 2017 City of Culture and the city centre is to undergo a multi-million pound redevelopment? No? Well it is. And I still wouldn't want to live there.

You know a place is an official khazi when it gets awarded the future City of Culture status.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I

my bestest pal lived on that Street, right at the bottom, just off Lee High road opposite the pub .. forget the number .. I went to Lee Church Street school as a nipper, not the 'new building', the old one built in about 1870 .. but I bet you're a lot younger than me

During that time Richie Bowman lived towards the bottom of the road, he was playing for Reading then.

Posh kid lol.. John Ball right in the middle of Blackheath Village ? .. I'm 65 and moved out of Quentin Road in about 1972/73 when my folks moved out to Norfolk, I stayed on in Blackheath off and on for a long time when not abroad etc. .. my friends in Lee Church Street were the Whitings and the Richardsons, related to the boys from Balham .. was the Greyhound the pub at the top of the road/hill .. I'll get on google maps and have a look ((:>)
  • Options

I

Posh kid lol.. John Ball right in the middle of Blackheath Village ? .. I'm 65 and moved out of Quentin Road in about 1972/73 when my folks moved out to Norfolk, I stayed on in Blackheath off and on for a long time when not abroad etc. .. my friends in Lee Church Street were the Whitings and the Richardsons, related to the boys from Balham .. was the Greyhound the pub at the top of the road/hill .. I'll get on google maps and have a look ((:>)
    First time posh and Elfsborg have been connected! Eddie Youds used to live in Quentin Road(that is SE3?). Cannot remember the name of the pub at the top, although I do know Max Wall was a regular, I kid you not. The Greyhound was half way up, about 100 yards from The Swan. Did you know Harry who used to be the anti-vandal patrol for the council. He used to live above the parade of shops at the top of Lee Church Street.
  • Options

I live in SE3!
  • Options
    kimbo said:

I live in SE3!
    Aha, posh and wealthy person!

• Options
    Hull is a shit hole yes. But money talks. If they offer enough of it to either Roland or JBG then he will be ankle deep in shit before you can say Kingston Rovers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015

I

First time posh and Elfsborg have been connected! Eddie Youds used to live in Quentin Road(that is SE3?). Cannot remember the name of the pub at the top, although I do know Max Wall was a regular, I kid you not. The Greyhound was half way up, about 100 yards from The Swan. Did you know Harry who used to be the anti-vandal patrol for the council. He used to live above the parade of shops at the top of Lee Church Street.
    Eddie Youds, now lives a hundred yards from me in Bromley. Football friend :smiley:
  • Options

I

Eddie Youds, now lives a hundred yards from me in Bromley. Football friend :smiley:
    Has he tried to flog you a house?!
  • Options

I

No, but he's a decent bloke.
  • Options

I

No, but he's a decent bloke.
    Oh I'll vouch for that. Met him in The Crown in Blackheath years ago, he was watching us on the tele when we played at Anfield around 2003.
  • Options
    18 new posts... Thought there might be something interesting about JBG.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Why would he want to live in Hull?

Hull ?.. not Mayfair by any means, but East/North Yorkshire or North Lincolnshire ? (e.g.Beverley, Brigg)... very nice countryside, friendly people and a £2,000,000 London mansion is yours for £600,000
    Also been voted worst place to live in the UK in the past few years. More than once...
    if you're gullible to believe that, you'll believe anything .. how long in the past 20 years have you spent in Hull ? .. ever spent any time in Woolwich/Thamesmead or New Cross/Peckham lately ?
    As I'm based in Yorkshire, I am guessing more than you over the last 5 years?
    well Yorkshire is a big county .. you're 'based' there ... visit Hull regularly do you from your 'base' .. if it's so awful, why bother ? .. and as for 'the worst place to live in the UK' .. I don't care who 'voted' in this poll, in my opinion (note my opinion), whatever the poll was, whatever the question that was asked, I know that I have been to far worse places than Hull .. AND, I am in Hull usually once a week, sometimes twice, so the odds (I am guessing), I'm there more often than your good self
    fair enough, been Hull a few times as I had friends there. Thankfully, they left so now longer any need. In my opinion, its a dump. Was everytime I went but last time was indeed around a year ago. The poll was old, although Hull was voted one of the worst for a fair few years.

You can have your opinion, and I will have mine. I couldn't care less about yours, mine is based on what I have seen, and its a dump. With regards to your mention of Beverely, etc, thats out of context as people were slating Hull, and not the surrounding area.
  • Options

Keep thinking someone has offered for JBG when I see this thread has new posts. Ed, can we change the thread title please?

Maybe something like: 'Hull - not as shit as you expect, plus your slightly boring stories about Lee Green'

The stories are more exciting than the place.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I

Quentin Road is SE13, top of the road turn right, take a step and it's SE3, bottom of the road turn left, it's SE12 .. Max Wall .. my granddad used to have a drink with Max but - if memory serves - that was in the Dacre Arms, the pub by the alley that led/leads right up to St Margaret's Church .. by the time Eddie Y moved into Quentin, I was long gone, neither did I know 'Harry' .. houses in Quentin now go for around £850,000+ .. I should have stayed on ((:>) .. anyway .. nice to bring back a few old memories
  • Options

I

Quentin Road is SE13, top of the road turn right, take a step and it's SE3, bottom of the road turn left, it's SE12 .. Max Wall .. my granddad used to have a drink with Max but - if memory serves - that was in the Dacre Arms, the pub by the alley that led/leads right up to St Margaret's Church .. by the time Eddie Y moved into Quentin, I was long gone, neither did I know 'Harry' .. houses in Quentin now go for around £850,000+ .. I should have stayed on ((:>) .. anyway .. nice to bring back a few old memories
    I reckon Lee Church Street was SE12, although too lazy to check!

Did Max do 'the walk' for your grandfather? hahahahaha

Being serious here, next time you come down for a home game we can have a drink around there if you like.

It is a shame we have digressed a tad from JBG and Hull, I know it's boring............................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015

I

Being serious here, next time you come down for a home game we can have a drink around there if you like.

It is a shame we have digressed a tad from JBG and Hull, I know it's boring............................
    Be nice to meet you .. I am down for the Cherries game but won't be about for long .. next season ? .. I'll drop you a mail .. nice one ((:>)

B T W the Crown in the Village was my 'local' for a time during the late 70s as was the Three Tuns, now renamed ?? ..The Tuns ? .. THE best pub in S E London during the 1960s and 70s .. probably a sushi bar nowadays
  • Options

I

Be nice to meet you .. I am down for the Cherries game but won't be about for long .. next season ? .. I'll drop you a mail .. nice one ((:>)
    Yes, fair do's that would be great.

Enjoy the summer.
  • Options

I

Enjoy the summer.
    I will and you have a good one Elfie .. right .. back to JB Goode and 'Ull ((:>)
  • Options

I

Enjoy the summer.
    I will and you have a good one Elfie .. right .. back to JB Goode and 'Ull ((:>)
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I

B T W the Crown in the Village was my 'local' for a time during the late 70s as was the Three Tuns, now renamed ?? ..The Tuns ? .. THE best pub in S E London during the 1960s and 70s .. probably a sushi bar nowadays
    The Three Tuns has been O'Neills since before 2002.

Read the reviews stretching back that far.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/68/683/ONeills/Blackheath
  • Options

I

The Three Tuns has been O'Neills since before 2002.

Read the reviews stretching back that far.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/68/683/ONeills/Blackheath
    cheers CE .. changed a really atmospheric 'heads' boozer into a plastic shamrock one .. anyway .. back to 'ULL ((:>)
  • Options
    Looks like the Tigers are getting together a big pot of dosh to tempt J B G

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-32431976
  • Options

Looks like the Tigers are getting together a big pot of dosh to tempt J B G

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-32431976

Doubt we'll have to worry about him going there if they go down though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32446860
  • Options
    Quite a sensible policy from Hull in that players wages will be cut by 50% on relegation. If that does not motivate the players then nothing well. Their run in doesn't look good though, and Hull could be a surprising drop into the Championship.

(Article from Scoham from BBC mentioned above)

Steve Bruce: Hull manager says players' wages will be cut with drop

Hull players will take a wage cut of up to 50% if the club is relegated from the Premier League this season, says manager Steve Bruce.

Bruce's side are 17th in the Premier League with six games left and out of the relegation zone by just one goal.

"The club has a strict policy that if we do get relegated then we don't fall into drastic times," Bruce said.

"Everybody concerned takes a huge reduction in salary, and most players take a 40% or 50% reduction."

Hull have to play four of the top six in their run-in - Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United.

They travel to Crystal Palace on Saturday (15:00 BST) under increasing pressure from Leicester, who have won three games in a row to pull level on points with the Tigers.

Bruce said Hull had made "sensible provisions" in case of relegation.

He added: "We've worked so hard to get in the league and then stay here last year, and the players realise the situation we are in."
  • Options
    So where is he going then, Hull or Lee?