Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations to Watford

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    The golden boys, with their posturing, gyrating and mincing hornet mascot thing, their portacabin stand, tarted up by words from the queen of pop Elton John, and their horrible greasy, diving, cheating band of thieves, ruffians and bandits, won't be missed by me
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

The golden boys, with their posturing, gyrating and mincing hornet mascot thing, their portacabin stand, tarted up by words from the queen of pop Elton John, and their horrible greasy, diving, cheating band of thieves, ruffians and bandits, won't be missed by me

Pleased to see you hold them in such high esteem! Respect.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Foriestieri is a cheating little bastard and I just hope they dump him before their debut in the Prem. Decent club, decent fans but Forestieri brings the whole lot down.

If they do dump him, I'd have him here
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Foriestieri is a cheating little bastard and I just hope they dump him before their debut in the Prem. Decent club, decent fans but Forestieri brings the whole lot down.

Christ, I hope not. We really would have sold our soul having that cheat in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    well done Watford.

gonna miss that hornet mascot.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Christ, I hope not. We really would have sold our soul having that cheat in a Charlton shirt.
    See the Bournemouth game thread - I think there's a few on there think we have already sold our soul! :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Leave our Harry alone!

FF would fit in quite nicely I guess with his cheating!!
  • Options
    The best team I've seen live this season (alongside us vs Huddersfield or our second half against Reading)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

The best team I've seen live this season (alongside us vs Huddersfield or our second half against Reading)

agree with this .. very consistent .. 'Boro, Norwich, Derby and Bournemouth may be feeling the pressure a bit .. Watford (I've seen them three times away) has been always dangerous on the attack and ruthless in defence and midfield .. Deeney is inspirational as captain and goal scorer .. he's my Championship player of the season
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Forestieri's hardly played since Christmas. They have three quality strikers without out him - Deeney, Vydra and Ighalo

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watford have been the best team I've seen this season, home and away.

Tonight we have Kermorgant v Dervite (potentially). Dervite won that duel in our 1-0 win last season but he'll need to have a blinder tonight.
  • Options
    Absolutely delighted for Gomes.
    He seems to have his confidence back and looks like he's got a smile on his face again.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Forestieri's hardly played since Christmas. They have three quality strikers without out him - Deeney, Vydra and Ighalo

Having 3 top class (at our level) strikers really makes a difference, as they've been rotated all season to keep them fresh and keep opposition managers in the dark as to formations and who they're marking
  • Options
    Same as Bournemouth with Wilson, Pitman and that French bloke.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Same as Bournemouth with Wilson, Pitman and that French bloke.

Move on ffs.
  • Options
    Move on? Just pointing out what strikers Bournemouth have. I really couldn't care less about Yann, he decided to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    iaitch said:

Move on? Just pointing out what strikers Bournemouth have. I really couldn't care less about Yann, he decided to go.

Only mucking about. Probably a bit early for it, granted.
  • Options
    Oh ok then, have a good day today.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Oh ok then, have a good day today.

You too
  • Options
    Yep congratulations from me too. Very well deserved.

For me, the key man in their side is Deeney. The perfect championship centre forward IMHO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    interesting, must have something better lined up.
  • Options
    quick, someone post Appleton!
  • Options
    I read that their current manager is off to Newcastle and they couldn't convince him to stay as they do the whole rolling contract thing with managers
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

I read that their current manager is off to Newcastle and they couldn't convince him to stay as they do the whole rolling contract thing with managers

Seems so - he wanted a million a year over 3 years.

A shame as he had the support of the fans and players - but it seems not the board.

Unlike the Championship we won't get away with a slow start or bad run whilst trying to adjust to any new manager..

Still at least its not now and a week before the season starts.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Personally thought Watford were one of the most dislikable teams over recent years, and are worthy candidates for the John Beck Football Sportsmanship Trophy, but mainly I could never congratulate them because of the numerous occasions they forced us on a three mile route march through the allotments of Watford just to get to their away end.
  • Options
    Halix said:

they forced us on a three mile field march through the allotments of Watford just to get to their away end.

The local council wanted to get rid of those but the green protesters won the fight!

• Options
    5th manager in a year ...but they have made it to the premiership anyway.
  • Options
    Fuck Watford. Hope their season is as successful as the last time they were there.