Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

When and how did it become acceptable for statues of Buddha to become garden ornaments. It's neigh on impossible to visit a garden centre these days without tripping over some short bald bloke having a squat. There's also plenty of those younger more effeminate curly haired Budds too.

You don't see other cults being appropriated like that by horticulturists. No one says, 'ooh do you know what will set my azaleas off just right, a stone carving of a Jewish bloke being traumatized with some nails'. And god help those naughty Charlie Hebdo types should they ever decide to open a nursery doing a nice little sideline in Mohammed shaped fountains.

hasnt every house got one of these?

• Options
    Stig said:

And another thing. How come Buddha goes from asexual-youth with a curly topper to a pie eating bald man with no transition period?

30 stretch in Parkhurst...
  • Options
    Why 9 of the first 10 flights out of Gatwick this morning departed at least 15 minutes late. Okay, maybe one or two held up by dozy passengers boarding late, but not all of them, surely?
  • Options
    Pre-owned

Why is everybody jumping on this bandwagon?

Can't see that second hand is "politically incorrect" and once there is a physical manifestation of an item it must surely be owned by someone at any point in time?
  • Options
    Surely pre-owned is by definition before it has been owned...

However game taught me the term.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Surely pre-owned is by definition before it has been owned...

However game taught me the term.

Yeah, but it was owned by the manufacturer, before it was owned by the retailer before it was owned by the first consumer, so its always been pre-owned!
  • Options
    I suppose its to be expected with "This Morning" yet watching it this morning... they're interviewing "Earth Angels"

Baffling!!... Absolutely... Cuckoo!!
  • Options

I suppose its to be expected with "This Morning" yet watching it this morning... they're interviewing "Earth Angels"

Baffling!!... Absolutely... Cuckoo!!

what in the name of the wee man is a fucking "earth angel"?
  • Options
    Apologies for the site used... I know I cant explain it myself (dont know if any one can)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5761631/Viewers-slam-women-call-earth-angels-Morning.html
  • Options
    So they believe in something without any proof, no different to any religion then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sitting with the children listening while they are reading and one of the children paused, normally I take that to mean they are struggling with a word so I turned to the child and ask to show me the word he was struggling with. Telling me its not a word, but explaining he didn't think he should say what was written. Pointing to the phrase "Oh Bugger" I commended him after being somewhat surprised a childs book would contain that I asked him to read on from the next paragraph, which he did and quite happily read without so much as pausing for breath. It seems he brought the book in from home something which is no longer allowed. :)
  • Options
    Chelsea paying £70m plus for a keeper that’s barely been spoke about and on a 7 (SEVEN) year contract. Butland is available for 30m
  • Options

Chelsea paying £70m plus for a keeper that’s barely been spoke about and on a 7 (SEVEN) year contract. Butland is available for 30m

Hey they are getting a midfielder that’s barely been spoke about on loan too so I imagine they’re pretty excited....
  • Options

Barely spoken about here just like Butland probably barely spoken about on Alaves Life.

Butland is number 2 behind Pickford
    He is number 2 behind De Gea.

Silly money though
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Fumbluff said:

Hey they are getting a midfielder that’s barely been spoke about on loan too so I imagine they’re pretty excited....
    Hardly count Kovacic as barely spoken about. He’s an outstanding talent.
    There’s a reason Madrid will only loan him despite a number of clubs making bids. They see him as the long term replacement for Modric, who at 32 will need replacing sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    That the same bloke who put a really sweet video up on facebook, of the cutest animals doing cuddly things, along with the words "This video always reminds me why I have far more respect for animals than us so called civilised humans", is the same bloke that last week reacted to the refugee boat being turned away from Italy with the words "Good, fucking parasites, I hope they all drown"...

Funny planet the world of the alt-right.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

MrOneLung said:

Stig said:

When and how did it become acceptable for statues of Buddha to become garden ornaments. It's neigh on impossible to visit a garden centre these days without tripping over some short bald bloke having a squat. There's also plenty of those younger more effeminate curly haired Budds too.

You don't see other cults being appropriated like that by horticulturists. No one says, 'ooh do you know what will set my azaleas off just right, a stone carving of a Jewish bloke being traumatized with some nails'. And god help those naughty Charlie Hebdo types should they ever decide to open a nursery doing a nice little sideline in Mohammed shaped fountains.

I’m getting one of those. Nailed on FACT.
    Except his arms are clearly NOT nailed on.
    Fact.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Stig said:

I’m getting one of those. Nailed on FACT.
    Except his arms are clearly NOT nailed on.
    Fact.
    Good point, well made... :lol:
  • Options
    Driving home and seeing someone erecting a Christmas tree in their front garden, including tinsel, lights and a star on top!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Driving home and seeing someone erecting a Christmas tree in their front garden, including tinsel, lights and a star on top!!!

There should be a law.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I assume you veered into it
  • Options

Stars been nicked already. About right for Deptford.

• Options
    Weirdos spending their Saturday afternoon marching around London demanding ‘a people’s vote’

The fucks that all about?
  • Options
    Why anyone would deliberately buy pre-timmed veg. By the time you've used it the trimmed ends will be manky and you'll need to trim them again.
  • Options

Weirdos spending their Saturday afternoon marching around London demanding ‘a people’s vote’

Democracy.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Democracy.
    Cute
  • Options

A few comment on the FA Cup thread about 'split-allegiance' if we drew Maidstone/Ebbsfleet/Bromley. I know i give one poster on here a bit of stick for supporting half the teams on planet earth, but this idea of having another team, however 'local' seems alien to me.
    You either support one team, or don't like football. If Charlton play anyone, i want them to win.
    The three lower teams mentioned are only as far away in terms of league position to us as Arsenal/Chelsea/Fulham are. You'd get slaughtered if you felt the same way about any of those.
    Charlton could be playing my Family XI and id still want them to smash em, although me Aunty Pam could probably pose Sarr a few problems.

I know what you mean but for me (and this is no disrespect to Non-League sides) Charlton and other League teams are what you'd call the proper clubs

Go down to the Conference and beyond and for me the clubs are more community based... Its like with the Hendon scheme where you get free entry if you have mental health issues or Haringey Borough at the moment who are offering out free season tickets to get their numbers up - I think its understandable to support your local Non-League teams where possible as without them the whole English Pyramid could slowly die and what makes English Football so unique will be gone (i.e. for me its not the Premier League that makes English Football so great more so the numbers where you can go to a Conference game that has more fans going than those in the second tier of a few European Leagues)

I do think if Welling came up to our League though I'd stop supporting them... I'd follow their results with interest yet when it came to Derby Day; I'd want us to thrash them
  • Options

A few comment on the FA Cup thread about 'split-allegiance' if we drew Maidstone/Ebbsfleet/Bromley. I know i give one poster on here a bit of stick for supporting half the teams on planet earth, but this idea of having another team, however 'local' seems alien to me.
    You either support one team, or don't like football. If Charlton play anyone, i want them to win.
    The three lower teams mentioned are only as far away in terms of league position to us as Arsenal/Chelsea/Fulham are. You'd get slaughtered if you felt the same way about any of those.
    Charlton could be playing my Family XI and id still want them to smash em, although me Aunty Pam could probably pose Sarr a few problems.

I know what you mean but for me (and this is no disrespect to Non-League sides) Charlton and other League teams are what you'd call the proper clubs

Go down to the Conference and beyond and for me the clubs are more community based... Its like with the Hendon scheme where you get free entry if you have mental health issues or Haringey Borough at the moment who are offering out free season tickets to get their numbers up - I think its understandable to support your local Non-League teams where possible as without them the whole English Pyramid could slowly die and what makes English Football so unique will be gone (i.e. for me its not the Premier League that makes English Football so great more so the numbers where you can go to a Conference game that has more fans going than those in the second tier of a few European Leagues)

I do think if Welling came up to our League though I'd stop supporting them... I'd follow their results with interest yet when it came to Derby Day; I'd want us to thrash them
    Ive edited my post slightly since you replied. I get the liking of local smaller clubs, Phoenix are mine, but its the 'split-allegiance' and what almost appeared to be a real conundrum on who they'd want to win the game that confuses me.