Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather v Pacquiao

Comments

• Options
    Needs to up the tempo now. Throw more. Problem is, if he does move forward and be more aggressive, Mayweather will just pick him off.
  • Options
    He won't win on points with all US judges. Might as well get knocked out going for the KO himself.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Pacquiao needs to up the tempo and work closer to get anything from this fight, can only win now Dom a KO.
  • Options
    Very disappointed in Pacquiao so far. Needs a miracle.
  • Options
    What a load of shit. Like watching a spar.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Nowhere near living up to hype, but suited both fighters for it to go that way really. No one gets hurt, both leave with their reputation relatively intact, and both go home to their families filthy stinking rich. Everyone wins except the punters.

Pac making out he thinks he won the fight, bit deluded.
  • Options
    I think Mayweather is actually unbeatable! His style is boring to watch but he's impossible to hit!
  • Options
    Love him or hate Mayweather showed what a class act he is.

What a prick Carl Froch is.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm glad these big boxing events only happen once a year. They're so tedious and nothing ever happens.

Imagine having a season ticket and having to watch that 23 times a year
  • Options
    Mayweather is the Chelsea of boxing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mayweather's soooo boring to watch.
    His record places him with the best but I'd prefer to watch Dulux dry.
  • Options
    Did anyone seriously think it would be any different

Floyd is an all time great one of the top 4/5 ever and for pure boxing skill even higher

I would be interested to see how Khan would get on against him just because he is younger, at his peak and bloody quick but Floyd would undoubtedly find a way to win the fight by 6 rounds

Never gonna happen now as Floyd will handpick his last fight in September and he has earnt the right to
  • Options
    If there was a predictable outcome to a fight that was it.

Floyd won and won easily but, let's be honest it was as boring as watching paint dry,

You could not find him inside the ring and no matter how the pac looked at what speed Floyd was gone

It was not boxing it was not what people wanted to see, but deep down they and I knew that the way the fight panned out was the most likely outcome, with every fight I lose a little respect for Floyd yet at the same time admire his movement and defence, it wasn't always like this and imo it really didn't have to be the way that many will remember him

He will equal the master rocky and in a very dignified unwilling to surpass that record, it will all end and boxing will be a worse place without Floyd the money Mayweather
  • Options
    as I suspected would happen, Mayweather carried him for the last 6 rounds to give the fans their money's worth .. it always promised to be a one sided money making publicity fest, and this is what happened
  • Options
    Mayweathers contests seem boring as he is a boxer not a fighter.

Maybe the best at the actual art of boxing in the last few generations.
  • Options
    Has the date for the rematch been announced yet?

• Options
    "There won't be no rematch! Don't want one!'"
  • Options
    People got over excited from the hype. It was a hell of a lesson in footwork. When he was stuck on the ropes he just glides off either way, so he couldn't be pinned down. Loath him or merely just hate him Floyd comfortably got a result against the number 2/3 PfP without getting out of second gear. Would love to see him transported in time to the classic Hagler Hearns Duran Leonard era to see if any of them could catch him. Weirdly I think the Hitman would be the one with the right game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    for anyone that didn't see it here's the fight in full in HD.

https://facebook.com/BoxeoTijuana/videos/484632495021932/?hc_location=ufi
  • Options
    Does anyone think he'll stop at 49 or do you think becoming the first to go 50-0 will be too much for him to resist?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the fight I thought mayweather said to Pacman your a tough motherfuck*r I will give you a rematch but I might be wrong
  • Options
    After last night they can poke a rematch. Load of shite.
  • Options
    Greetings from Vegas.

Was at the fight and although clearly not a classic it was an amazing experience. The atmosphere in the arena was awesome and Vegas is buzzing.

It pains me to say it because I really dislike Mayweather but I'm now out of denial and will accept that he is in the top 3 pound for pound of all time. Manny didn't really turn up and threw nowhere near enough punches. How he thought he had won it is beyond me.
  • Options

Does anyone think he'll stop at 49 or do you think becoming the first to go 50-0 will be too much for him to resist?

Different era but Julio Cesar Chavez got to 87-0
  • Options

People got over excited from the hype. It was a hell of a lesson in footwork. When he was stuck on the ropes he just glides off either way, so he couldn't be pinned down. Loath him or merely just hate him Floyd comfortably got a result against the number 2/3 PfP without getting out of second gear. Would love to see him transported in time to the classic Hagler Hearns Duran Leonard era to see if any of them could catch him. Weirdly I think the Hitman would be the one with the right game.

Hit man is probably my favourite boxer so I would like to say yay. Actually the answer is probably annoyingly nay.
  • Options

Not saying Chavez isn't a hall of famer but the first fifty were mexican waiters!

• Options
    Boom said:

Hit man is probably my favourite boxer so I would like to say yay. Actually the answer is probably annoyingly nay.
    One of mine as well and I would agree with @Mortimerician that of the three, Leonard, Duran and Hearns, Hitman would be the one to have given Mayweather the most problems. I wouldn't include Hagler because he was a true middleweight and would have blasted Mayweather out of the ring.
  • Options
    I personally think that Kirkland Lang had the style to take him to school!!

• Options
    edited May 2015

I personally think that Kirkland Lang had the style to take him to school!!

Kirkland Lang was the best boxer I ever saw live - and the worst boxer I ever saw live. Depended entirely on what mood he was in!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Not saying Chavez isn't a hall of famer but the first fifty were mexican waiters!

Dont dispute that. Was just pointing out Floyd won't be the first to get to 50-0