Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

dancafc said:

Kap10 said:

Hope we don't sign Johnson, he's a busted flush. Jury still out for me on Eagles too.

Don't feel as strongly as you about this, but certainly would shed no tears if they ended up elsewhere.
    Johnson told me he's off on Tuesday to play in the u s of a and eagles didn't even turn up at the POTY
    What about TBH ?
    I am sure someone said after sponsors evening that TBH said he would be in England but not at Charlton.
    I thought he was going to Maccabi Haifa?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Eagles lost likely worried about his house in Blackpool

You need to sack your source this summer
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

dancafc said:

Kap10 said:

Hope we don't sign Johnson, he's a busted flush. Jury still out for me on Eagles too.

Don't feel as strongly as you about this, but certainly would shed no tears if they ended up elsewhere.
    Johnson told me he's off on Tuesday to play in the u s of a and eagles didn't even turn up at the POTY
    What about TBH ?
    I am sure someone said after sponsors evening that TBH said he would be in England but not at Charlton.
    I thought he was going to Maccabi Haifa?
    Thats what I speculated, but apparently his kids are settled at school here - I was not there though so I am only repeating what I think was said on CL.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

Eagles lost likely worried about his house in Blackpool

You need to sack your source this summer
    pretty difficult to do that when it's the voices in your head!
    All he needs is an axe and a volunteer.
  • Options
    Ben Haim wasn't at the POTY "do", because he was in the USA. I'm not sure whether this was business or pleasure.
  • Options
    I get the impression watching most games that Solly and Ben Haim don't really get on
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I get the impression watching most games that Solly and Ben Haim don't really get on

I get the impression Ben Haim doesn't get on with anyone.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    £10 million is not enough. That is just the opening bid. If so many clubs are interested then they have to pay the going rate not pick up a bargain. Look at Southampton, they sold Walcot, Bale and the Ox for a lot more than £10M and that was a while ago. Arsenal and Spurs paid for potential, Joe must have some of that.
  • Options
    Our first signing will appear on Page 15. Fact!
  • Options
  • Options
    seth plum said:

To me TBH at his best, playing alongside and 'mentoring' Joe Gomez would be an ideal situation next season.

Similar to the way Leighton Philips mentored Paul Elliott in the early 80's.

• Options
    Richard J said:

seth plum said:

To me TBH at his best, playing alongside and 'mentoring' Joe Gomez would be an ideal situation next season.

Similar to the way Leighton Philips mentored Paul Elliott in the early 80's.

TBH looks after himself not sure that he is really is particularly good at mentoring. Johnson is IMO strangely enough better on the pitch at that, and a whole lot more vocal.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

wmcf123 said:

The obsession with a big target man is bizarre. How many are really effective at our level? Give me another Watt any day.

Before anyone says anything, I know the height test is a long standing joke!

Just off the top of my head - Kermorgant, Smith, Gestede, Deeney, Jerome. All slightly different players in their own way, but strong physical presences who have scored a lot of goals between them. Lots of, in fact most, teams play with a target man of some sort, we quite clearly need that option in our squad. Hardly an obsession.
    class="Quote" rel="charente addick">
    Dizzle said:

I get the impression Ben Haim doesn't get on with anyone.

as a one year signing when we had only 2 other centre halves, he's been more than useful, despite tailing off . Thanks, Tal Ben
  • Options

Ben Haim wasn't at the POTY "do", because he was in the USA. I'm not sure whether this was business or pleasure.

Someone from the club told me that he had to fly back to Egypt on Saturday night and that the club had sanctioned it. Do not know why
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Someone from the club told me that he had to fly back to Egypt on Saturday night and that the club had sanctioned it. Do not know why
    Egypt ? Do you mean Israel ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers col
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    USA, Egypt, Israel? I thought Concorde was in mothballs :-0
  • Options
    Thanks mummy
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

cafc999 said:

He had a planned engagement in the USA

Didn't the programme say his brother lives in New York?
  • Options

A player on my table told me this.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

cafc999 said:

He had a planned engagement in the USA
    Why did he fly to Egypt then?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!