Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 Play-Offs

Comments

• Options

Chesterfield, some great pubs up there.

Was that the barley mo boozer with the cracking barmaids all absolute milfs
  • Options
    Preston North End for their heritage, as well as being a new ground for me. I was really disappointed when they lost out to MK Dons (and the latter's cocky manager) on Sunday. I think that Preston are the only founder of the twelve football league clubs still playing at their original ground.

And now for something completely different....I shall have to shut my eyes if we ever get a penalty against Preston (assuming Yoni Buyens has returned to his homeland). I remember that we missed two at the Valley in the last game of 68/69 (Curtis and Gregory), losing the game 0-1 to a Willie Irvine goal. We played them at home a few months later in the first game of 69/70 and Alan Kelly saved another in the first half (I can't remember from whom - Bob Curtis ?). Paul Went smashed home yet another penalty kick (finally) in the second half and we ran out 2-1 winners.

The alternatives in the play-offs are all pretty good as well, although maybe we are all spending a little too much time in Sheffield in recent years, much as I enjoy it up there.
  • Options
    Chesterfield for me. I have been living here for 3 years now. Pubs are brilliant. Ales are superb.
  • Options
    Hopefully next year all the C teams will win apart from Chelsea.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Hopefully next year all the C teams will win apart from Chelsea.

Really? Who are you hoping wins the Premier League then?
  • Options
    Sorry I meant to say hopefully not Chelsea.
  • Options
    Preston because of friends
  • Options
    Swindon as I've got friends down there and would be a cracking away weekend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who ever it is knowing our luck it will be a tueday night game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Chesterfield.
    pigs will only bottle it anyway and it will be nice to hear them all sqealing again on BBC radio Sheffield.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Swindon as I've got friends down there and would be a cracking away weekend

this for same reason... plus we get to see Smudga play

• Options
    Stayed in Chesterfield Premier inn for the quarter final last year.
    just across the road from Chesterfield new ground. would go.
    If Sheffield united make it will go next season to try to get rid of our poor performance that day.
    If Preston will go as new ground.
    If Swindon would go as chance of some points.
  • Options
    When are they?
  • Options
    Tonight
  • Options
    Preston to win the play offs. Been to all four, but from a selfish point of view a trip back to Chesterfield would be a good day out.
  • Options

When are they?

7:45 tonight and both games are on simultaneously on SS2 and SS5.
  • Options
    Swindon. So we don't have to go there next year ;-)
  • Options
    Cloughie. Then he will be back for a head to head with the Derby bottlers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chesterfield only one I have not visited before and most likely for us to finish above so them.
  • Options
    Nice ground, went there when we won League 1, rearranged game on a Tuesday won 4-0, four days later went to Bournemouth and we won 1-0, very good few days.
  • Options
    1-0 Preston (Beckford)
  • Options
    Sheff Utd vs Swindon live on SS2. Michael Smith playing up front for Swindon.
  • Options
    Sheff Utd lead 1-0.
  • Options
    Swindon is the only one I haven't been to, but I'd be more likely to go to Preston or Sheff U again. Enjoyed Preston in the promotion season.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Freeman with Sheffield United's goal
  • Options
    Penalty to Swindon.
  • Options
    Gladwin's pen is saved. Stays 1-0
  • Options

Chesterfield.
    pigs will only bottle it anyway and it will be nice to hear them all sqealing again on BBC radio Sheffield.

Oi where's my tenner?!