Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking Ticket at Asda - Advice please.

13»

Comments

• Options

tattoo time pal

NLA it wasn't Sam it was Dans car, but I'll see if he wants some ink!!
  • Options

Greenie said:

He parked in two different spaces, I have appealed through their online appeal procedure so far they have not even acknowledged the appeal.

They probably won't, these private companies try and get money out of people the easy way, if they have to fight for it they won't bother because they have no jurisdiction. What ever the outcome of the appeal, if they ever bother responding, don't pay it, you don't have to, it's merely an invitation to pay an invitation that you have the legal right to decline.
    this
  • Options
    Just Get them both to have em done mate

a great big F Off parking bastds tattoo on their bums , and every time they leave ASDA they can moon the camera
  • Options
    Popped in Sainsbury's at Crayford on the way to work in the morning, and again on the way home. Got a ticket for parking in there all day. Spoke to my bank, they send via email a copy of my card transactions for the day at the store.

Told them the times of my transactions and told them to look around those times to see me leave and enter the car park a second time. Send off my appeal and just wait and see, should be ok.

They don't make things easy, if they want your custom.
  • Options

Popped in Sainsbury's at Crayford on the way to work in the morning, and again on the way home. Got a ticket for parking in there all day. Spoke to my bank, they send via email a copy of my card transactions for the day at the store.

Told them the times of my transactions and told them to look around those times to see me leave and enter the car park a second time. Send off my appeal and just wait and see, should be ok.

I had a car (luckily a very old Ford) stolen from Sainsbury's car park in Grimsby this last March .. asked the store manager/supervisor/whatever to get on the phone to the people who run the parking, to check the time the car left the area .. the car park co replied that they only release information/video evidence to the police when they get a written request .. as you say .. they don't make it easy .. this store, like most have contracted out the entire parking facility .. trouble is, there are lots of firms doing the biz for all the major supermarkets .. good luck @guinessaddick
  • Options

I had a car (luckily a very old Ford) stolen from Sainsbury's car park in Grimsby this last March .. asked the store manager/supervisor/whatever to get on the phone to the people who run the parking, to check the time the car left the area .. the car park co replied that they only release information/video evidence to the police when they get a written request .. as you say .. they don't make it easy .. this store, like most have contracted out the entire parking facility .. trouble is, there are lots of firms doing the biz for all the major supermarkets .. good luck @guinessaddick
    I won't be paying it, I'll go all the way to make sure they don't get it from me.
  • Options
    They can't enforce it just fuck it off and throw in bin don't waste your time replying
  • Options
    The only ones you need worry about are local authority and police ones, the rest have no clout, they are classed as invoices and by law if you don't agree with an invoice you don't need to pay it
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    smiffyboy said:

They can't enforce it just fuck it off and throw in bin don't waste your time replying

Could not agree with you more smiffyboy ......and on top I would not shop in the shit hole until it is squashed ...don't worry and don't pay it Guinnessaddick
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    jdsd42 said:

smiffyboy said:

Could not agree with you more smiffyboy ......and on top I would not shop in the shit hole until it is squashed ...don't worry and don't pay it Guinnessaddick
    I'm m not worried and I won't be paying it. I will be calling into the store to speak to the manager to tell him, he needs to do something if he wants me to shop there anymore. Have also tweeted Sainsbury's about it, along with Martin Lewis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does he shop there as well?
  • Options

I had a problem with ASDA when parking there at Barnsley the season before last. I wrote to ASDA stating that I would make it my duty to make as sure as possible that I and all of my family and as many friends as possible never spent another penny (lol) in ASDA ever again .. I also wrote to the company who actually run the car park for ASDA, this varies from store to store.
    With my letter, I enclosed that till receipt from the day in question (I has spent about a tenner in the Barnsley store) and a few more from around the same time albeit from ASDA stores in Grimsby and Lincoln, not Barnsley .. the ticket was waived .. so good luck

EDIT: A tip .. Keep any letters and phone calls as 'friendly' and business like as possible, don't make it personal. After all, as 'the mafia' always say: 'It's only business'

This ((:>)
  • Options
    Surely a "this" selfie is not allowed?
  • Options

Surely a "this" selfie is not allowed?

says who ?
  • Options
    I believe there has been legal precedent that it is OK for the land owner to assume the owner was driving or is responsible anyway. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    razil said:
    We had an overstay ticket from the Co-op in Sidcup recently. I looked it up on the internet and found that as its private land there is no obligation to divulge the driver.

We wrote back in my wife's name as the registered owner stating she wasn't driving (she wasn't) and referring them to the aforementioned law on the area. Today she received an apology and withdrawal of the the fine.
    What is data protection about if a private company can obtain your (your wife's) private personal details?

It confirms my view that the sole purpose of data protection is not to protect decent members of the public at all but to enable the public sector and business to obfuscate when family members and friends attempt to help others less capable of jumping through bureaucratic hoops to obtain redress and/or refunds.

Well done @razil for refusing to be intimidated by the bastards and their henchmen in Swansea.

Indeed, why can they get her details from the number plate? 
  • Options
    razil said:
    LenGlover said:
    razil said:
    We had an overstay ticket from the Co-op in Sidcup recently. I looked it up on the internet and found that as its private land there is no obligation to divulge the driver.

We wrote back in my wife's name as the registered owner stating she wasn't driving (she wasn't) and referring them to the aforementioned law on the area. Today she received an apology and withdrawal of the the fine.
    What is data protection about if a private company can obtain your (your wife's) private personal details?

It confirms my view that the sole purpose of data protection is not to protect decent members of the public at all but to enable the public sector and business to obfuscate when family members and friends attempt to help others less capable of jumping through bureaucratic hoops to obtain redress and/or refunds.

Well done @razil for refusing to be intimidated by the bastards and their henchmen in Swansea.

Indeed, why can they get her details from the number plate? 
    Because the government bent over backwards to the pressure from the parasites who manage private car parks. The law was changed to allow DVLC to release information to anyone with reasonable cause and for DVLC collect a nice fee for every driver they provide details for. A win win for both sides.
  • Options
    I believe there has been legal precedent that it is OK for the land owner to assume the owner was driving or is responsible anyway. 
    Incorrect as far as I'm aware.

The contract is between an individual and the parking company - not the vehicle. Therefore the parking company need to provide proof of whom the contract was made with not the owner of the vehicle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here you go
  • Options
    On a different note, if any of you go into the Victoria and bull pub in Dartford and use the shit hole of the car park that is above it, you will need to get a voucher from the bar downstairs. If it takes you 10-15 minutes to get one you can still get done in that time. Best thing to do is not go in there.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    razil said:

Cheeky -:smile:
  • Options
    On a different note, if any of you go into the Victoria and bull pub in Dartford and use the shit hole of the car park that is above it, you will need to get a voucher from the bar downstairs. If it takes you 10-15 minutes to get one you can still get done in that time. Best thing to do is not go in there.
    There's a car park above it?!  How do you get to it?
  • Options
    WSS said:
    There's a car park above it?!  How do you get to it?
    Go down lowfield street and as the road bears left just before you get into the town, there is an entrance immediately on the right that leads into the back of some shops, go up the ramp, bear left and the hotel is marked in front of you. If you go, go with someone else who can get you the voucher, the bastards will book you if you leave the car unattended in the interim whilst you are getting the voucher. Car park area is rough also.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Incorrect as far as I'm aware.

The contract is between an individual and the parking company - not the vehicle. Therefore the parking company need to provide proof of whom the contract was made with not the owner of the vehicle.
    Think you will find law has now changed and it's the owners responsibility to keep a log of whose driving 
  • Options
    Why do we need all these logs still?