Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Livermore tests positive for cocaine

124»

Comments

• Quite right too. The guy has suffered enough .

Agree, whilst it's a prohibited substance, it's in no way a performance enhancer, the opposite in fact (not that I'd have any experience, first hand accounts to back that up, ahem)
  • Quite right too. The guy has suffered enough .

Agree, whilst it's a prohibited substance, it's in no way a performance enhancer, the opposite in fact
    I've no problem with him not getting a suspension, but, in my opinion, the reason should be because it's not a performance enhancing substance.
  • Very glad some common sense prevailed
  • Hope he doesn't get done for this if true... Surprised the scummy Hammer isn't in a Coma!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42549246
  • All this calling him a tool back in 2015... when you realise the reason for his cocaine addiction... https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/469494/Hull-City-Jake-Livermore-Jake-Jnr-died-Portland-Hospital-inquest-mistakes

If this West Ham fan did indeed say something regarding Jake Junior, the fan deserves all he gets. (hopefully a ban and the shit kicked out of him)
  • What the F is wrong with some people. There was a guy in Scotland that had fake eyeballs thrown at him by rival fans because he had lost an eye (not during the match I hasten to add).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42548221

Who thinks of these ideas and then decides it is not morally reprehensible to go through with them?
  • edited January 2018
    You only have to look at the trolls on social media to see the mentality of some people. I honestly dont know what compels people to do this kind of thing.

If I'd gone through what Livermore has and the person did say something about his son I'd want to hurt that person badly.
  • I understand all the outrage at what the West Ham fan did but we all need to rise above things like that. When I was a child I was often told that 'Sticks ans stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me'.

Especially in the environment that they work in, footballers need to learn to ignore all comments and other attempts to put them off their game.

Now if it had happened in a pub......
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand all the outrage at what the West Ham fan did but we all need to rise above things like that. When I was a child I was often told that 'Sticks ans stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me'.

Especially in the environment that they work in, footballers need to learn to ignore all comments and other attempts to put them off their game.

Some things you can't ignore, the guy crossed the line if he said anything about his son. And it wasn't to put him off his game, as he had just been substituted.
    Exactly this, I can only imagine the burden of heartache and pain Livermore must carry, worsened by the fact it was a f*** up by the hospital that killed his son.

I am fairly certain I would have reacted the same or worse, I actually think he showed a level of restraint.

Or to you, or one of your own!
  • Mods can we change the thread to just "Jake Livermore"

Don't feel right having the rest there anymore