Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

15th May, 2005. | Charlton Athletic 2-2 Crystal Palace

124»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It was a brilliant day, but I'd still take losing that and being stable in the Premier League or Championship over it. 
    Yeah but that option wasn’t available on the day 
  • Options
    F*** 'em :)
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    In isolation it was a great Charlton moment, but now very much tainted by the reversal of fortunes for both clubs. 
    CAFCTrev said:
    In isolation it was a great Charlton moment, but now very much tainted by the reversal of fortunes for both clubs. 
    As they say, be careful what you wish for. We might have been laughing then - we aren't anymore. Since that day the contrast couldn't be more clearer. 
  • Options
    I was there with my Dad, we used to sit in the B block East stand. Tells you everything about how we have fallen we dont even open that part of the stadium.
  • Options
    20 years ago next year. Where the fcuk does time go. Frightening !!!
  • Options
    edited May 16
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    As they say, be careful what you wish for. We might have been laughing then - we aren't anymore. Since that day the contrast couldn't be more clearer. 
    Speak for yourself, I’m still laughing…promotion and relegation in football comes around and goes around but moments like that day are timeless.

Palace were promoted in that legendary 68/69 season and then they were ‘the team of the 80s’ 😂😂😂 and Charlton’s fortunes declined. Then we were in the old top flight first division and the PL and Palace’s fortunes declined. Swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    edited May 16
    Not a thought any of us would want to spend much time on, but what's the longest spell of time the nigels have been in a higher division than us? Could it be now? It must be 12 years at the moment. Sickening. 
  • Options
    edited May 16
    CAFCTrev said:
    Not a thought any of us would want to spend much time on, but what's the longest spell of time the nigels have been in a higher division than us? Could it be now? It must be 12 years at the moment. Sickening. 
    And yet with all that PL money they still play in a smaller stadium which presumably still has a wooden stand ( ?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can imagine how much some of their fans would have hated us that day, gloating in their relegation. 

Personally I was happy to send them down but  felt uncomfortable with the extreme celebrations. 
    Sure enough, those same fans must be laughing at us now, particularly if they read this thread and see that it’s the only thing some of our fans still have to be happy about.

Can’t we forget about it please and sort ourselves out before worrying about anyone else? Sure, in the meantime we can talk about good old times, but of matches we won and actually achieved something. This thread is so sad - it’s 19 years since we drew 2-2, stayed mid-table, and they went down -  whoopidoos. 

• Options

I can imagine how much some of their fans would have hated us that day, gloating in their relegation. 

Personally I was happy to send them down but  felt uncomfortable with the extreme celebrations. 
    Sure enough, those same fans must be laughing at us now, particularly if they read this thread and see that it’s the only thing some of our fans still have to be happy about.

Can’t we forget about it please and sort ourselves out before worrying about anyone else? Sure, in the meantime we can talk about good old times, but of matches we won and actually achieved something. This thread is so sad - it’s 19 years since we drew 2-2, stayed mid-table, and they went down -  whoopidoos. 

Until next year then?