Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it fair that public schools have charitable status?

12346»

Comments

• Options

JaShea99 said:

It's a fair point you make but don't assume all 'public' schools have high turnover, just because they charge high fees. My mum's school, for example hasn't made profit for 2 or 3 years.

Your mum's still at school?
    still belly laughing at this ages after I first read it!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

lolwray said:

Fiiish said:

In terms of the NHS burden, most fee-paying schools will have on-site nurses or medical staff. Whenever I'm unlucky enough to have to visit a GP or a walk-in centre after work there are usually at least half a dozen to a dozen parents waiting with a kid in school uniform who has something most people would call a 'booboo', but because the parent is so thick they just assume a cut or graze or bruise means a trip to the doctors, whereas a school nurse or doctor will simply slap some Savlon and a plaster on and off they run.

tend to agree but honestly had to google "booboo"

Sorry, must have picked it up from my monstrously expensive, tax-free public school education. I have no idea what the commoners call it.
    you see that Latin they taught you eventually came in handy ! (smiley face thingy)

• Options
    Have I got five more years to endure of

tax the rich feed the poor, share the wealth

to go through really, surely soon everyone will just forget about this stuff