Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best goal you've seen against or for Charlton

Comments

• Options
    I remember Aaron Wilbraham scoring a superb goal against us when we beat MK Dons 5-1 at the Valley
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Best for

1. Killer vs Hull at the Valley. It was Goal of the Season on The Big Match

2. Bartlett volley against Leicester (IIRC). It was goal of the season on MOTD.

Ditto. Killer's goal - I can't remember another goal where a player has started a move in their own corner and ended up putting in a great cross in the opposite attacking corner.

Against I'd have to say Van Persie.
  • Options

I remember Aaron Wilbraham scoring a superb goal against us when we beat MK Dons 5-1 at the Valley

Yeah put them 1 up too, just turned and whacked it. Won't go down as a great goal for me though. The look on his face said he was as shocked as anyone else it went in
  • Options
    Yann against Hartlepool for me

Fuller v Peterborough a close 2nd tho, game was boring and was always going to finish 0-0 suddenly he shot from a nothing situation and scored
  • Options

Ray Treacy vs Derby Jan 69 - superb build up and cross met with an unstoppable first-time volley on the run

Super Clive 2nd vs Soton Aug 98 - wrong-footed the keeper and very gently passed the ball over the line - exquisite !!

Newton header aforementioned - the goalie had stopped everything but in the dying moments a flattish power corner found Shaun near the edge of the area well beyond the centre of the goal and his bullet header flew in just under the bar.

Best-ever Morts ? Norwich away 88 mazy dribble or Chelsea home 89 unleashed a screamer

Best Prem ? JJ tap-in vs Chelsea 03 after PdC and Parker shredded the defence - came just at the right time in the match to make it 3-1. Sweet football.
  • Options
    i still cant believe how many dont think clives at wembley
  • Options
    rvp volley AT VALLEY ALTHOUGH shouldnt have been on the pitch.

for gotta be bartlett v leicester
  • Options
    top 3
    bartlett volley
    mortimer v chelsea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0KKNgWimzk its on here about 2 mins in
    jensen v arsenal

mendoncas are magic at wembley but these were better
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Agree Jensen is up there. One of my all time fav goals was a Shaun Newton Bullet header v Huddersfield at the Valley from about 20 yards around 95 or 96. Would love to see it again if someone could find footage of it.

That was a brilliant header, it's still the longest range headed goal I think I've ever seen - I was only about nine at the time and it seemed like he'd headed it in from the halfway line !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dennis in the last minute
  • Options
    Brad Friedel against us was excellent mainly because we went down the other end and made it worthless!
  • Options
    Against - Berger for Portsmouth at the Valley, not least because it was against Deano. Stood up to applaud that one.
    For - Jensen at Arsenal.

Call me a heretic but still not convinced Kermogant v Hartlepool was meant, and I was literally right in line with it in the North Lower.
  • Options
    Paul Elliott vs Reading in a night game. Probably 1980-81.
    Killer vs Hull
    Killer vs Bournemouth
    Killer vs Rotherham when we lost 1-5
  • Options
    Kermo's against hartlepool was unreal. You know a goal is utterly brilliant when it's next to impossible to replicate on fifa. And yes i've tried. Many times.
  • Options
    Matt Ritche (Bournemouth) v Charlton... Nothing worldy about the goal, just a great bit of team play paying off from the training ground

Yann Kermorgant v Hartlepool... No way should he have been scoring where he did
  • Options
    I remember some Stoke player scoring an absolute screamer against us (I think at the Vally) in a League Cup game during our prem years.

To name a few for us in no particular order:

Mortimer at home to Bradford 1997
    Steve Brown long range effort in the same game
    Robinson at Huddersfield after Xmas 2000
    Parker (x 2) at Southampton
    Parker at Leeds last min
    Jensen at Highbury (Top 3)
    Bartlett against Leicester (Top 3)
    Redfurn against Wimbledon on Boxing Day
    Clive (x 3) at Wembley (Top 3)
    Di Canio chipped Pen against the gooners.
  • Options
    I remember Preston scoring a cracking goal when we beat them 5-2 or 5-3. It was a consolation goal, but got well deserved applause.

JJ for a couple of his bicycle kicks. The west ham one was great but one he got in a league cup game (Swindon?) Was better. Didn't he score 2 in a game?
  • Options
    Ian Marshall scored a cracker against us not sure if it was for Oldham or Ipswich but I know all sides of the ground got up and applauded. First time I had experienced this.
  • Options
    Cant beat mendonca's turn and shot at wembley...but.... el karkouris thunderbolt against arsenal made me go Bruno N'gotti because it won me a few bob as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That youngster Kevin Lisbie v Liverpool was decent. I thought the volley against us by Rooney was good for a 16/17 year old down at the Valley.

A couple of strikes by Danny Haynes are worth a shout. Not on the same level as Bartletts volley which has the be the best of the bunch, but still all decent strikes.

Last one of the dark years...........Llera's chip v Swindon when we were down to 9 men. I celebrated that as if we'd won a cup.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Best for

1. Killer vs Hull at the Valley. It was Goal of the Season on The Big Match

2. Bartlett volley against Leicester (IIRC). It was goal of the season on MOTD.

They are both great goals. The first is a move from one end of the pitch to the other involving three Paddy Powells (or maybe Paddy Powell three times). The second was all the more remarkable for being almost identical to Di Canio's GotY from, I think, the season before.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    McBobbin said:

Morts against Bradford really stuck out for me... At the time I couldn't believe my eyes

A pure joy to watch, both at the time and on the end-of-season video. Morts was one of the most talented players I've seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Stuart, if I remember right, dummied a through ball for JJ to run on to and score when we beat Spurs 1-0 in the Prem. not a great goal but a great assist and he didn't even touch the ball!!
  • Options
    Graham Moore v Norwich after a one two with Masiello. His volley would have killed anyone in the way.
  • Options
    What about patrik Berger at the valley for Pompey?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Ray Treacy vs Derby Jan 69 - superb build up and cross met with an unstoppable first-time volley on the run

Super Clive 2nd vs Soton Aug 98 - wrong-footed the keeper and very gently passed the ball over the line - exquisite !!

Newton header aforementioned - the goalie had stopped everything but in the dying moments a flattish power corner found Shaun near the edge of the area well beyond the centre of the goal and his bullet header flew in just under the bar.

Best-ever Morts ? Norwich away 88 mazy dribble or Chelsea home 89 unleashed a screamer

Best Prem ? JJ tap-in vs Chelsea 03 after PdC and Parker shredded the defence - came just at the right time in the match to make it 3-1. Sweet football.

Morts gets my vote. The Chelsea goal that put us top of the league was absolutely amazing.
    McBobbin said:

Nicholas said:

Agree Jensen is up there. One of my all time fav goals was a Shaun Newton Bullet header v Huddersfield at the Valley from about 20 yards around 95 or 96. Would love to see it again if someone could find footage of it.

Didn't he score a screamer from the edge of the box against the same opponents? Late 90s I guess
    That was Robinson. Newton's header is one of the most unique goals I've seen. A 20 yard header.
  • Options
    As much as I don't like to say it because it was a goal scored by "them".

But, Shane Lowry for the Spanners a couple of seasons back was pretty special.

40-odd yard free kick.
  • Options

Call me a heretic but still not convinced Kermogant v Hartlepool was meant, and I was literally right in line with it in the North Lower.

BURN THE WITCH !!!
  • Options
    Trevor Francis scored a stunning goal at the valley

Bob borders testimonial, I honestly could not believe the quality or technique of the old boy