Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Save made by a Goalkeeper either for Charlton or against us

2»

Comments

• Options

I remember we lost 0-2 at home against Bradford City in 1996, Mark Schwarzer was unbelievable that day.

Damn, beat me to it and I'm glad I wasn't dreaming it. A complete goalkeeping masterclass.
  • Options
    Deano v arsenal
    Deano v spurs
    Deano v Blackburn
    Deano v Palace last day of season
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Best save I've ever seen against Charlton was one 2 seasons ago. We were playing Leicester at home and how Kasper Schmeichel managed to get down to his bottom left to save a bullet header from Yann I will never know.

That's the one I was thinking of as well.
  • Options
    Ray Clemence from Steve Gritt at sellout park, think it was a cup game but not sure.
    Also, mark Crossley always had a blinder whenever he was in goal against us.
    Best Charlton keeper performance: Nicky Johns at Layer Rd. in the mud (cup).
  • Options
    Nicky johns played a blinder in a 1 1 draw against Chelsea in the early 80's but nothing can beat Bolder's performance at old Trafford.
  • Options
    My all time fave goalie Neville Southall made an amazing save against Andy Jones at Selhurst. He had no right to save it, Jonah should have buried it but it was amazing- as was Neville
  • Options
    Dean Kiely against Walsall. Went 1-0 down I think ,and he somehow saved a deflected effort that would have made it 2-0. We went on to win 2-1.
  • Options
    Your all wrong

Deon burtons debut for us and the fella in goal I think was kelvin Davis for sthampton and he single handedly kept every thing we threw at him out, there was an over head kick from Burton a rasping drive from Gillespie, Hamed bouzza was stopped more than once, Hudson from a corner

I don't think I ever saw a better goal keeping performance than that
  • Options
    Steve Gritt vs Tottenham at Sellhurst, think it made save of the season short list
  • Options
    We're talking individual save though not overall match day performance

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe not the best reaction save but I loved the way Sasa Ilic caught the ball in the 98 play-off semi at Portman Road. A dive to the right, any other keeper would have palmed the ball around the post but the ball just stuck.
  • Options
    His save from Deons over head kick was a marvelous save mate
  • Options
    Surprised no one has mentioned Kiely against West Brom 2002/2003 I think. Point blank header similar to Duggary's if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    A few years/decades back,(Wikipedia shows he played for us from 1971 until 1975),I remember a home game when John Dunn was in goal(anyone remember him?)having joined us from Villa.I was standing behind the goal at the Covered End but sadly don't recall who we were playing in this particular game.Our defence had parted like the Red Sea and let someone through unchallenged.He ran on and hit a terrific shot from about the penalty spot,with everyone expecting a goal.Dunn threw himself in the right direction and saved what was a point-blank thunderbolt.The crowd applauded for about two minutes.Dunn looked totally embarrassed,I thought that was great,no ego,just doing his job.Best save I had ever seen up to then.I agree that Ilic at Birmingham was fantastic and Deano consistently the best we've had.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Bolder at Manchester United New Years Day 1988

Alex Ferguson said it's the best goalkeeping display he'd ever seen.
  • Options
    Sasa Illic away at Ipswich in the play off semi final. A tractor boy hit a screamer heading for the top corner. Illic went full stretch to his left, didn't just push or tip it away but plucked it out of the air like he was picking an apple. Stunning
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Dean Kiely against Walsall. Went 1-0 down I think ,and he somehow saved a deflected effort that would have made it 2-0. We went on to win 2-1.

I literally just searched this thread for 'Walsall' to see if anyone else had put that - amazing save, I was behind the goal for it. He had already dived for a shot that took a deflection after going through someone's legs; the way he managed to stretch out an arm to claw it away was magnificent.
  • Options

Sasa Illic away at Ipswich in the play off semi final. A tractor boy hit a screamer heading for the top corner. Illic went full stretch to his left, didn't just push or tip it away but plucked it out of the air like he was picking an apple. Stunning

I was there but I still can't quite believe it...the way the ball hit his hands and stuck, it was like a picture in a cartoon strip.
  • Options

Nicky johns played a blinder in a 1 1 draw against Chelsea in the early 80's but nothing can beat Bolder's performance at old Trafford.

I was going to mention that Chelsea game. I didn't go to that man u game but heard Bolder was outstanding.
  • Options
    Stephan Anderson vs Chelsea. They won 4v1 if memory serves me right. I think most people thought the shot just hit the bar, the was the smallest fingertip to save it. Deano vs ferdinand, seem to remember a worldy save from Deano against Fulham at the vally.