Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8 Years Ago today - Charlton Life Charity football matches

2»

Comments

• Options

I've been reminiscing about this all day. Wonderful memories of a very special day, with some very special people.

The way the body is now, I might have to simply commentate next time tho!!

Hope this link works, all about the approach play!

https://youtu.be/9nEsfxDZQHw

I was subbed just before the goal was scored against us, I'm the No.16 in red, I recognised the quality of the goal by clapping.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    A great day! I was sick as a dog and played with flu... absolutely loved it...
  • Options
    Was it really 8 years ago?

For me, I achieved a lifetime ambition to play on The Valley turf ...... just 7 days before my 52nd birthday.

It was a really cracking day, meeting so many cracking people for the first time - loved every minute! And a big thanks to AFKA and all those who made the day possible.

Incidentally, I had never played in front of so many people before.
    And never played in front of so many empty seats!

• Options
    This was 3 days after I'd come out of hospital having a plate put in my arm.
    I made sure I grabbed a long sleeve shirt to hide the plaster cast from the ref.
  • Options
    Brilliant day. Was sure @KillersBeard's shot was going to come back off the bar and I'd have had a tap-in...Still, part of a winning team on the Valley pitch was pretty special! But disappointed there were no hairdryers in the ref's changing room - kind of @MariaCAFC to share hers!