Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If we made the play off final could we fill it?

13»

Comments

• Options

we've definitely increased our support base beyond measure since 1998 in terms of CAFC fans who don't now regularly attend, but to sell 39k we would still need to entice a fair number of non-CAFC friends and family.

Out of interest, do you think you would be bringing non-CAFC at £54, £64 and £98 tickets?

Older people maybe but I don't see too many U25s being able to manage that.

Don't like to be pedantic but as we have increased our support base beyond measure, how do you conclude we would need to entice non CAFC F&F? You'd have to be able to measure our support base to know that!

Fair point BK, perhaps I'm less convinced in our support potential than I should be.

Would just be nice to see some of them more often!

• Options
    Hear hear to that!

If I am in any way typical I know at least two dozen people without really thinking who'd call themselves Addicks but rarely visit the Valley for a variety of reasons. If that's typical then the demand could be as much as 24 x 15,000!

As Henry said, this is an ideal opportunity to start whingeing on about the ticket allocation arrangements.

Now let me nip down the bookies and see if there are odds against us staying up.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

£76 for a Club Wembley ticket isn't that bad, and I wouldn't have to mix with plebs

£96 it cost for Boro v Norwich for a Club Wembley seat

I'm surprisingly with Afka on this
    I think we'd eventually sell out but a ticket wouldn't be gold dust
    The football bubble is bursting and I'm willing to bet our home numbers will be down next season no matter what
  • Options
    I have to agree regarding the rip-off pricing, but wouldn't you pay £96 for the experience of the last play-off final we were in?
  • Options
    Our last Wembley appearance v Sunderland ? .. we had I would guess 30,000 (someone here will know the exact figure, discounting those who claimed to be there but were indoors at the time) .. at the start of that season against (e.g.) Bradford, the crowd would have been around 8,000, possibly less .. success breeds big crowds/sleeping fans suddenly awake/hangers on/glory seekers .. we all know that
  • Options
    We would probably loose a couple of thousand getting knocked back for having nick naks in pencil cases.
  • Options

1. the home play-off leg with Swindon. Win that at Wembley. Even with our good value prices we could only flog less than 19k to home fans.

But that wasn't a Wembley final.

2. Our league winning title celebrations v Hartlepool. We had to drop the prices right down to sell out the ground.

Nor was that. And in that case, we'd had a packed house at Wycombe just before it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yes, definitely fill it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

Stig said:

I found this on another thread.

Any other lifers going to the O2 tonight? I had to sell a kidney to afford the tickets (£142 each) but can't wait :)

This absolutely proves that we could pack Wembley out. In fact we could probably sell our allocation and the opposition's. If there are Charlton fans who would sell a kidney just to see Fleetwood Mac, there are surely Charlton fans who would sell their grannies, pimp their sisters and offer their own testicles up for a series of excruciatingly painful medical experiments just to see the Haddocks at Wemberley.
    Yeah but you can go your own way to Fleetwood Mac. Fans would probably have to take Valley Express to the playoff final.
    There are Rumours that Valley Express won't run.
  • Options

IA said:

Stig said:

I found this on another thread.

Any other lifers going to the O2 tonight? I had to sell a kidney to afford the tickets (£142 each) but can't wait :)

This absolutely proves that we could pack Wembley out. In fact we could probably sell our allocation and the opposition's. If there are Charlton fans who would sell a kidney just to see Fleetwood Mac, there are surely Charlton fans who would sell their grannies, pimp their sisters and offer their own testicles up for a series of excruciatingly painful medical experiments just to see the Haddocks at Wemberley.
    Yeah but you can go your own way to Fleetwood Mac. Fans would probably have to take Valley Express to the playoff final.
    There are Rumours that Valley Express won't run.
    Tusk tusk
  • Options
    We could fill it.
  • Options

we've definitely increased our support base beyond measure since 1998 in terms of CAFC fans who don't now regularly attend, but to sell 39k we would still need to entice a fair number of non-CAFC friends and family.

Out of interest, do you think you would be bringing non-CAFC at £54, £64 and £98 tickets?

Don't like to be pedantic but as we have increased our support base beyond measure, how do you conclude we would need to entice non CAFC F&F? You'd have to be able to measure our support base to know that!

Next time I suggest a preference system that includes a stub from the Full Members Cup final. Of course we would sell out - just the memory of the 1998 game would see to that.
    You are kidding me. I kept mine until last year when I moved house!

Typical
    ;-)
  • Options

If we can do it, (& a Wembley visit is a fairly common thing for us), then surely you could shift 40k tickets!?
    Were your prices as eye watering as that?
    £54 & £64 for a play off final at one of the most iconic stadiums in the world is not eye watering.

Think I paid between £55-75 for our play off & semi final trips.

The sad thing is that Wembley is a crap ground.
  • Options

If we can do it, (& a Wembley visit is a fairly common thing for us), then surely you could shift 40k tickets!?
    Were your prices as eye watering as that?
    £54 & £64 for a play off final at one of the most iconic stadiums in the world is not eye watering.

Think I paid between £55-75 for our play off & semi final trips.

The sad thing is that Wembley is a crap ground.
    Oh the irony... :wink:
  • Options

Rothko said:

£76 for a Club Wembley ticket isn't that bad, and I wouldn't have to mix with plebs

The football bubble is bursting and I'm willing to bet our home numbers will be down next season no matter what
    And won't you love it... love it... :wink:
  • Options
    What type of question is that.........OF COURSE WE COULD.
  • Options

Rothko said:

And won't you love it... love it... :wink:
    Our away attendances would increase as a % of home attendance, so there is that downside to consider.