Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA arrests- bribery allegations (ed Blatter to resign)

Comments

• Options
    Praise the Lord!

But has he resigned after the election just to stop Prince Ali being elected, so that he can groom his successor?
  • Options
    He had no intention of leaving this time last week something has happened that has Made those around him realise his time is up
  • Options

cabbles said:

On a side note, I can't believe how much anti British rhetoric this whole saga has uncovered. I knew people didn't like us, but to hear some of the comments from Jerome Champagne, some of the others views on Britain from within UEFA (we're too meddling etc), they hate us.

It would be a little naïve to believe we are squeaky clean, we are not.
    Our FA has tried and failed to influence others around the world with favours of friendlies,coaching and funding.
    Clearly there others that are better at it than us.
    Agreed - our friendlyin Trinidad & Tobago was clearly arranged for one reason only, as was the friendly away to Thailand that our FA announced, only for the plug to be pulled, as it clearly was no longer beneficial for us, but screw all the fand who had already booked flights and hotels etc.

Still, i'm sure every Country is at it (or has been at one time or another) and that is still small-fry compared to FIFA!!
  • Options

cabbles said:

On a side note, I can't believe how much anti British rhetoric this whole saga has uncovered. I knew people didn't like us, but to hear some of the comments from Jerome Champagne, some of the others views on Britain from within UEFA (we're too meddling etc), they hate us.

It would be a little naïve to believe we are squeaky clean, we are not.
    Our FA has tried and failed to influence others around the world with favours of friendlies,coaching and funding.
    Clearly there others that are better at it than us.
    Agreed - our friendlyin Trinidad & Tobago was clearly arranged for one reason only, as was the friendly away to Thailand that our FA announced, only for the plug to be pulled, as it clearly was no longer beneficial for us, but screw all the fand who had already booked flights and hotels etc.

Still, i'm sure every Country is at it (or has been at one time or another) and that is still small-fry compared to FIFA!!
  • Options
    Who should take over?

Obviously we need someone who has played the game at a high level and is diplomatic.

Roy Keane with Joey Barton as his deputy would seem the ideal choice.
  • Options

"I could hide all my money up that nose"
  • Options
    And languages!
  • Options

Can we now clean up in our own house. Our administrators seem to make it up as they go along, FFP rules, West Hams subsidised move to Olympic Stadium, etc.. Money talks many laguages.

I think that is a very good point. There were League rules preventing West Ham onto Orien’s patch which were ignored. Again with West Ham, but points were not deducted over Tevez which Sheff Utd successfully challenged legally and a few more examples spring to mind. Then you have organising friendlies for votes etc… The big issue for me outside of FIFAs corruption is that we are poor bribers. But we are not squeaky clean and shouldn’t pretend we are!
  • Options
    Has Dyke given his watch back yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's worth repeating here just in case anyone with a passing interest hasn't read it yet - but 'Foul!' by Andrew Jennings is a brilliant (if depressing) read. The material on Jack Warner is utterly incredible - concacaf make Blatter look like a choirboy in comparison

Thanks for the recommendation, just started reading it, I have only got to chapter 11 and already the level of corruption is incredible, 22 chapters still to go.
  • Options

Yeah right ! nothing to do with the fact that you bought the rights to stage the finals and that thousands are dying building the stadiums.
  • Options

Yeah right ! nothing to do with the fact that you bought the rights to stage the finals and that thousands are dying building the stadiums.
    That sounds very racist to me.
  • Options
    Blazer admitting that several members of Fifa took bribes for France 98 and South Africa 2010!
  • Options
    I thought the 98 bribes were from Morocco. Did France also bribe them?

No bribes for 02 or 06 world cups?
  • Options
    Don't know, just saw the comments on Twitter
  • Options

Blazer admitting that several members of Fifa took bribes for France 98 and South Africa 2010!

Another reason why France just voted for Blatter ?
  • Options

Mr Blazer also says: "I and others agreed to accept bribes and kickbacks in conjunction with the broadcast and other rights to the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2003 Gold Cups (the regional championship for national teams)."

What tournaments are they on about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mr Blazer also says: "I and others agreed to accept bribes and kickbacks in conjunction with the broadcast and other rights to the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2003 Gold Cups (the regional championship for national teams)."

What tournaments are they on about

CONCACAF Gold Cup
  • Options
    OK thank god for that
  • Options
    IA said:

That sounds very racist to me.
    Great to see he is so concerned about human rights. Oh wait!
  • Options

Another reason why France just voted for Blatter ?
    The French are snakes...

There. My first sweeping generalisation of the day! That's better...
  • Options
    Jack Warner .. is he a nutcase or is the crafty old dog really fearful for his life ? .. allegations of FIFA corruption/influence in Trinidad's general election, never mind back handers for a few plastic pitches
  • Options
    My favourite revelation so far is that Putin told Chuck Blazer he looked like Karl Marx, then they giggled and high fived.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'll wait and see who replaces Blatter before celebrating, could be a case of better the devil you know.

No, it really couldn't... :wink:
  • Options
    Just read Omertà by Andrew Jennings. It's not particularly well written but some of the revelations regarding Havelange, Blatter and all those arrested so far are incredible.

And he has not been sued since it was released last year implying that it is all true!