Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA arrests- bribery allegations (ed Blatter to resign)

Comments

• Options

Yeah right ! nothing to do with the fact that you bought the rights to stage the finals and that thousands are dying building the stadiums.
    And only a few months later realised that it gets a bit warm in the Qatari summer. Who would've thought that?
  • Options
    Waste of €5m, their legal case was ridiculous.
  • Options
  • Options

Shows how much money FIFA had to throw at nonexistent problems.
  • Options
    IA said:

Perhaps they should have spent the money of glasses for the officials, blind fookers.
  • Options
    FIFA are now saying it was a loan.

One of many shit storms that are going to come out.
  • Options
    That's one of my favourite Twitter accounts
  • Options

Was brilliant during the World Cup. Bound to be good again for the Euros next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IA said:

Perhaps they should have spent the money of glasses for the officials, blind fookers.
    I'm sure their sponsors are delighted.

• Options

Just checked him out, hilarious.

• Options
    Delaney recalled a conversation he had with Sepp Blatter in 2009 after the Henry incident.

"In 2009 I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," he told D'Arcy. "He called me over about that, across the table like I am talking to you, with one or two expletives.

"That was in a room. He said, 'No-one speaks to me like that', and I said, 'well I do' and that was that."

He also told a story about how Blatter ogled his girlfriend Emma recently in Vienna.

"He met Emma, my partner, in Vienna recently," said Delaney. "He stared at her for seven or eight seconds and he said, "I approve of your new girlfriend.'"

"I asked him to move on, move on please.

"She is a great girl, I love her very much, it was an extraordinary moment. If she was here she would tell you herself. He stared at her and I said 'move on' and he did."
  • Options

FIFA are now saying it was a loan.

One of many shit storms that are going to come out.

• Options
    John Delaney is an embarrassment to himself and the FAI. I wouldn't take anything he (or his solicitors threatening British papers) says seriously. Attention seeker. Just like he was after Henry and like he was when singing IRA songs in a pub across the road from a ROI match late last year. Funny enough, not an attention seeker when the video emerged...
  • Options

Keep 'em coming. Please let there be a FIFA-Palace-Blatter connexion.

There is a very clear link: Blatter was born in the canton of Valais ➔ Valias was also the birthplace of champion skier Sylviane Berthod ➔ Before making it as a footballer, Stig Inge Bjørnebye was a keen ski jumper (his father jumped in the '68 and '72 Winter Olympics) ➔ Bjørnebye played over 100 games for Liverpool ➔ In a famous football match nine goals went past Perry ➔ and that brings us to Palace.

They are all connected. Guilty as charged. Send them down.
  • Options
    No one has mentioned the film. The film FIFA commissioned. Starring Tim Roth as Sepp Blatter. It is called United Passions and with absolutely exquisite timing it debuted in the USA this week.

Marina Hyde rips it into shreds here

this whole thing is taking on Fall of the Iron Curtain proportions.
  • Options
    FIFA will be chopping up bits of Blatter and selling them as souvenirs soon
  • Options

No one has mentioned the film. The film FIFA commissioned. Starring Tim Roth as Sepp Blatter. It is called United Passions and with absolutely exquisite timing it debuted in the USA this week.

Marina Hyde rips it into shreds here

this whole thing is taking on Fall of the Iron Curtain proportions.

I remember when this had advance screenings months ago and the reaction was similar and this was well before the shit hit the fan. I remember one critic writing up that basically the whole of FIFA wanted to export football to South America and Africa and only the English stood in the way because, oh I don't know, something about savages and cannibals not being able to appreciate the beautiful game. Reading the reviews now, it sounds as ridiculous as it did back then.
  • Options
    It is totally ridiculous that Blatter is currently working on the reforms and would make FIFA even more of a laughing stock if that were possible. It shows you how ridiculous its systems are that common sense can’t be applied and somebody else be given the task to sort the mess out under the circumstances. It also shows how out of touch with reality Blatter is. If he believes he is innocent of all wrong doings in his own head, surely he should be able to see the advantage of somebody else taking forward this work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When all is revealed I doubt if any country or football federation is going to be immune from some uncomfortable disclosures. Also, I would be surprised if the commercial sponsors are not very worried about the extent of the FBI investigations and how the revelations might damage their image. Don't think FIFA should have any qualms about throwing out suspect deals already negotiated with the big bollox corporates holding current rights. They might not be suitable for the new clean image of football.

I can't imagine the FBI having the time to pursue thousands of minor players likely to be implicated so wonder where the line will be drawn. Once they have sufficient evidence to indict all the FIFA executives involved in corruption, and all the skeletons are unearthed, I'm not sure much is to be gained by finding out the gory details and names of those who mixed it with FIFA.

One part of me wants to be able to make sure countries who bought favours are shamed and disgraced, but the other part says running a witch hunt is unlikely to help us sort out the mess. Also, the likely suspects are already going to have a reputation as snakes anyway.

• Options
    I think jack 'fear for his life' Warner will spill some interesting stuff, as soon as he is extradited to US. He is likely tone plea bargaining hard right now.
  • Options
    if he has been there he needs to be re instated
  • Options
    Was going to post this yesterday, but as you already have I will just add a pic.
  • Options
    She's Russian. It's perfectly possible.
  • Options
    Putin put her up as part of the deal
  • Options
    I take it all back Sepp. Carry on mate!
  • Options
    Karma's coming home it's coming---Karma's coming home it's coming
  • Options
    Daily Mail. Say no more.