Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time hop Charlton Life - Your first comment (but you probably can't find it)

For some reason I tried to scroll back through my comments to see my first ever comment (I don't know why). I could only scroll back as far as 2013, so although it is not my first comment here is the earliest I could find.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1597831/#Comment_1597831

cabbles Member
August 2013
We have a distinct lack of talent in central midfield. For all Jackson's goals, the team has to carry him in the position he wants to occupy. He loses 2 or 3 yards of pace each season, and we don't have enough pace or guile with any of the other central midfielders to support him. I think Pritchard would be a good choice in the centre after his ban, and I would like to see Cousins being given a run out. Stephens, Hollands & Jackson are too costly to play in these areas. Hughes is good but given his age and injuries, he can't be expected to carry any of these 3. Gower we haven't seen enough of yet, but he to gave the ball away a number of times against boro.

@colin1961 would be proud of my Jackson dig

I wonder if the moderators would take the time to open up all our comments so we can all find what our first comments were, can't imagine they'd object to such a riveting task

Comments

• cabbles said:

For some reason I tried to scroll back through my comments to see my first ever comment (I don't know why). I could only scroll back as far as 2013, so although it is not my first comment here is the earliest I could find.

cabbles Member
    August 2013
    We have a distinct lack of talent in central midfield. For all Jackson's goals, the team has to carry him in the position he wants to occupy. He loses 2 or 3 yards of pace each season, and we don't have enough pace or guile with any of the other central midfielders to support him. I think Pritchard would be a good choice in the centre after his ban, and I would like to see Cousins being given a run out. Stephens, Hollands & Jackson are too costly to play in these areas. Hughes is good but given his age and injuries, he can't be expected to carry any of these 3. Gower we haven't seen enough of yet, but he to gave the ball away a number of times against boro.

I wonder if the moderators would take the time to open up all our comments so we can all find what our first comments were, can't imagine they'd object to such a riveting task

Click on your user name (top right) then click on Number of comments (top-ish left) and you should be able to go right the way back. I just did to 2006.
  • brogib said:

Lock up your women, Big Throb is here

I'd love to have known what thread that was
  • JWADDICK said:

cabbles said:

cabbles Member
    August 2013

Click on your user name (top right) then click on Number of comments (top-ish left) and you should be able to go right the way back. I just did to 2006.
    I kept clicking on more comments but for some reason mine stopped at the pre match views Barnsley away Aug 2013. I joined in 2010
  • Yes, I would.
  • I've found my first comment of my first discussion from August 2006.

It was entitled Dowie's Dilemma:

If he makes a lot of changes from Saturdays team will it be perceived that he got it wrong or that he recognises it is a squad game and selects his teams accordingly?

Given that he is succeeding a club legend he must have some concerns as to the perception of people.

Thoughts?
  • Yes, I would.

No @DaveMehmet, not your first pm from AFKA following southeastern delays asking if you're about for a drink
  • RIP

was mine
  • In the Roland Speaks thread:

Overall a positive statement and no more than could reasonably have been expected after a week of ownership. It is clear he has been advised well by his comment about the stadium as you wouldn't expect him to know based on our history how much the Valley means to us.

He also states about SCP that he has discussed his plans for the season AND the football club in general - that last comment would appear to me to show he's thinking about Chrissie beyond this season. But clearly the immediate focus must be to avoid relegation so this season is vital to all that may come in the future. Moreover he states are Richard and Chrissie are hugely respected by the fans - hardly a prelude for the sack I would suggest!

Also, some comments regarding who is top of the food chain. Man City, Chelsea, Man U, Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern et al are top of the food chain! The only way a club like ours can survive, even in the Prem, is to buy/develop young, add value and sell on. That is the view now being taken by a lot of Prem clubs who realise it's the only way to be profitable. I'm involved with one of them and it's certainly what we are doing.

But we may be top of Roland's food chain which is good enough for me. A businessman who may be looking for a return on investment - is that really a surprise? Give the man a chance, please.

My second paragraph could hardly be described as prophetic!!
  • Sponsored links:

• My first comment was shot down by some bloke called Henry Irving. What happened to him ?
  • 'New boy says hello'
  • Is it easier on a laptop as on the phone it woukd take a month scrolling through the more comments bit
  • cabbles said:

Yes, I would.

No @DaveMehmet, not your first pm from AFKA following southeastern delays asking if you're about for a drink
    It from a thread about Ian Dowie
  • Mine was a prediction league from august 2009, palace v plymouth!
  • Sexy Beast Don Logan: Is that Stan? Stan: Course it is you c**t
    in Best movie one liners Comment by CHG December 2009
  • It was in a thread called Thursday transfer gossip from January 2007 and I was calling for the return of Alexei Smertin
  • Sponsored links:

• Something in January 2007 but can't find the exact thread
  • http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/4122/top-ten-moments-supporting-charlton#latest

First thread. Unless you count Netaddicks. In which case it would have been about 2001 - or maybe earlier?

Weird to think the Internet as we know it has only been around 20 years.
  • "Good to see the two people I introduced at City Addicks getting together to start a new site. Can see it overtaking Netaddicks as the number 1 site in five or ten years time"

August 2007
  • I've only been on here 2 years but I've read back through some old threads which was quite interesting... I've never heard of net addicks what was that like? I'm guessing it no longer exists...
  • From December 2009 my first comment was in the thread "CL Poker Tournament Round 2" and was...

Just registered username on pokerstars is 'valleygal81'

The count is now 15.

• I was on the e-mail mailing list ( is that still running?) which was ruined by one idiot who is ridiculed now on here!. Joined CL in 2009 and have no idea what my first post was.
  • Leuth Member
    January 2013
    I reckon a Playerwatch on Morro? He's copped a bit of stick recently but I think he's a very intelligent defender who takes up superb positions and reads the game with no little clairvoyance. It's often said that a defensive partnership needs to be one brains, one brawn...the only issue with Morro is that he sometimes looks a little out of place when attempting the brawn
  • Can only find first thread - it was starting a discussion of who we should sell/sign after going down from the Championship.

Not one person suggested Izale McLeod.
  • Found my first ever comment by scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling......

A little old village in rural Kent called Cranbrook. A born and bred carrot muncher is what I am.
    in New to the site ? tell us where you live Comment by cfgs August 2006