Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time hop Charlton Life - Your first comment (but you probably can't find it)

2»

Comments

• Options
    4,500 comments @cfgs ?

That's a lot of scrolling!
  • Options
    Luckily I am more shy than some of you lot.
  • Options
    18,000 comments???!!!

Wow, i need a life.
  • Options
    Mine was the Morning after the Blackburn game thanking people for the lift home after my group got stranded up North, hence user name as well
  • Options
    29k posts this thread had the potential to be great but I am fkd if I am going to scroll through that many
  • Options
    1800 comment - first appears to be October 2011 in the funny chants thread....

"Was at welling v Thurrock! "Weeeee alllllll agreeeee.......BLUEWATERS better than lakeside"
  • Options
    Definitely worth a prod! YES from me!

in Would Ya ? Comment by Its_Hamer_Time August 2011
  • Options

Netaddicks was great. Basically about ten users on there, plus one user with about twenty logins

Still on the way back machine....

netaddicks
  • Options

Netaddicks was great. Basically about ten users on there, plus one user with about twenty logins

Still on the way back machine....

netaddicks
    Even on Netaddicks there is a thread about signing Darren Purse.......will we ever be free of the torment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My first comment goes all the way back to August 2006 on the 'new to the site, tell us where you live' thread. I won't bother reposting it because it was a boring comment anyway. A bit like this one.
  • Options
    how rude
  • Options
    My first one, in response to the great two year plan of 2007-8:

The cynic in me makes me think that if we are in the same position next year, Pardew will start talking about "Three year plans".

There you go, cynicism and a dig at Pardont in one sentence. I think its called setting your stall out.....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    my first was in afka's thread below

A proper Friday moral dilemma

AFKABartram Moderator
    October 2011 edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related

1. Your best mate hooks up with a girl who was also a good mate. You find out your best mate is cheating in her. Do you say nothing, tell him youre gonna tell her I'd he doesn't finish it, or directly or though your missus, tell his partner.

2. you find out your best mates missus, who you've never liked, is cheating on him. Do you tell your mate, tell her your going to tell him if she don't finish it, or say nothing.

my post
    1) just ask him not to tell lies that involve you (i.e dont tell her your having a beer with me while you're off shagging)
    2) tell him.
  • Options
    Mine in August 2006.......

Still brings a tear to my eye. What a fantastic challenge from Brown to help set up super Clives final goal.................

First game my boy's ever went to, 13 and 12 now they will be Addicks for ever!!!!!

SUPER SUPER CLIVE, SUPER SUPER CLIVE, SUPER SUPER CLIVE, SUPER CLIVE MENDONCA!!!!!
  • Options
    Was hoping we could have looked at Ferrie Bodde, Swansea player out for the last 2 seasons but amazing midfielder, shame swansea renewed his contract!

Lol turned out to a retired nobody! Nice guy thou.
  • Options
    Looks like my first comment was also my first thread as I mention being a lurker up to that point.
    I was never a big fan of Marcus Bent and it looks like I was sufficiently outraged by his attitude even when he was playing (or not) for Birmingham!
    Unfortunately, it appears I messed up the link in the OP!

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/17908/marcus-being-interviewed-by-brum-official-site#latest

2008, by the way.

• Options
    "I got interviewed by the Sky bloke. Stated three or four times that we are too good to go down."

The day after we lost 2-1 at Fulham m, Oct 2006 in our relegation season. I was wrong.
  • Options
    sod scrolling through all those pages

(no that wasn't my comment)
  • Options
    Mine was ' why is the search facility worse after the website upgrade than it was before?'

I may be lying though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Aug 2006, in a thread started by @Stone about deliberately missing a home game for the first time in a long time..I was enthusiastic about it...don't know/can't remember what game it was (opener of 2006/2007 I presume) but looking at the comments afterwards, we lost...
  • Options
    My first thread started was "Where's this Takeover then ?" July 2009 which would have been near to my first comment.

Did that takeover happen?
  • Options
    Mine would make the grammar police have kittens, basically slating Lloyd Sam and saying he hides in bigger games.
  • Options
    December 2006, in the thread "If..." (Charlton are relegated will you renew your season ticket?)

I did, and have done every year since.
  • Options
    Something about Cardigans.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    July 2008.
    Trouble is with Bougy going it only leaves Hudson & Fortune at the back, not even any of the kids are CB's from memory, so it means we will need to find at least another 2 players, not to mention that we only have MooToo at RB and need cover there, before talking about centre mid. We have the nucleus of a good side at the moment but will lose that if we lose one of our main CB's.

----------------------------------------------__

Seems I was worried about our CB options going into a new season and thought we had a decent nucleus of a Championship side.... 7 years on and nothing really seems to have changed!

Still my third post shows how wrong I am about many things (although I got Pompey right, and briefly West Ham were on the rocks).

August 2008
    No. I think the board is doing a great job. We may not do much this year on the pitch but our finances will be sorted and when the credit crunch really starts to bite you will see the impact on these purchased clubs. The likes of West Ham will suffer badly. The top 4 are safe, even if their current owners go bust someone will always buy them but can the same be said about West Ham, Man City, Portsmouth etc, i think not. If they are left with massive debts and investors who have over stretched themselves then suddenly they will be heading Leeds like down the pan and all their fans will be asking for pity. Two years time clubs that are well run like ourselves will reap the rewards of todays madness.
  • Options
    We just signed McLeod! The next Messi, you heard it here first.