Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another new manager? Pascal Dupraz

Comments

• Options

I hope Evian don't accuse us of tapping him up......

I heard that we're actually after their fizzio
  • Options
    When i saw this last night i thought surely someones on a windup, now i'm wondering if its got legs are the doors still revolving at the Valley?
  • Options
    Shirley not, oops.
  • Options
    has anyone posted "bumpy ride " yet ?
  • Options
    lolwray said:

has anyone posted "bumpy ride " yet ?

They have now : - 0
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Halix said:

I wonder if it was the reason we were linked with that defender Buxton?, we will know for certain if we start looking for a player called Sam Pelligrino

We might as well sign Jonathan waters and Danny drinkwater as well.
    Alberto Aqualani
    Martin Eau Neill as manager.
  • Options

So that would be a big fat no on the latest news from the frankly bizarre rumour mill chaps... #cafc

— Olly Groome (@ollygroome) May 29, 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If this Evian bloke was to have Wayne Bridge as Director of Football, I guess it would be a case of more water under the bridge.

Or a Bridge over troubled water...
  • Options
    and of course we d have to re sign Matt Spring
  • Options
    /when is avram grant going to be manager/coach
  • Options
    Can we please put a stopper to all these water jokes.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Gillis said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new assistant arrive this summer, but that would seem like a bit of a step down for Pascal Dupraz.

Who is assistant at the moment ?
    There isn't one as far as I'm aware, and hasn't been since Patrick Van Houdt (who I don't think had the title assistant manager/head coach, but I believe that was his role) was sacked along with Bob Peeters.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Jack Cork from Swansea.

• Options

Well, not everyone is going to appreciate the current stream of jokes - I guess it's whatever floats your boat. The tide will turn when we sign Sergio Aguaerro.
  • Options
    Has anyone suggested it could be a director of football role?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

He did do that Evian before he became the manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They have now.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Yes, they're all a load of ballcocks
  • Options
    Granpa said:

The constant flow will dry up after a few days
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Don't be a drip and go with the flow
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Halix said:

I wonder if it was the reason we were linked with that defender Buxton?, we will know for certain if we start looking for a player called Sam Pelligrino

We might as well sign Jonathan waters and Danny drinkwater as well.
    Alberto Aqualani
    Martin Eau Neill as manager.
    Robert Acquafresca new striker.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

They have now.
    Not very often I have an original thought on here!

Just thought it might fit with our evolution to a more continental setup. Maybe KM and RD are realising its very difficult to have essentially one person running all the day to day aspects of a football club and that having a locally based, dedicated football man upstairs could be beneficial to the running of the playing side of the club and free KM up a bit to do more PR and develop the commercial side of things. Just a thought.

Would make more sense than a replacement for Luzon, although it's pointless trying to second guess Roly's decision making.

• Options
    Lets just worry about it when or if it happens. Not before. We'll just cross that bridge if we come to it. Not before.
  • Options
    As so may people have written, it's a mug's game trying to second guess RD. However if we assume that he is rational - and to be a successful businessman, you have to be - then it seems to me that Luzon's contract is the key thing. We know that RD still thought Luzon was a good manager even after he was removed from Standard. RD kept him on his contract. When the Charlton situation arose it would have been perfectly rational for RD to propose Luzon, since here was a good manager lying around on an existing contract.

Luzon is still on that contract for another season, so given that he is perceived to have done a good job so far, I can't see why RD would want to waste his money by paying Luzon off and removing him. Th only rational reason would be if he wanted him for another network role, but I can't see one. He certainly wouldn't be brought back to Standard.

But as others suggest, maybe he's planning a "re-structuring"...
  • Options
    I think the best option with RD is to just sit back and let it all happen. If we finish twelfth each year and play decent football, I'll be content enough