Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bugle is back!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    His company were up against a 30k repair bill to the ale coolers. All detailed in the Charlton Champion.

A very sad and sorry state of affairs to the pubs at the top of Charlton. Wont be many places left to drink soon enough.

http://charltonchampion.co.uk/
  • Options
    Hi Tom. that is sad news, not sure I can keep up with the 'musical chairs ' management of these pubs, they were originally owned by the same group...... but do not know the details. As I only come over to the village on match days, I am not privy to the up to date details, other's on here perhaps can update. Both CAFC pubs, wish them well.
  • Options

Hi Tom. that is sad news, not sure I can keep up with the 'musical chairs ' management of these pubs, they were originally owned by the same group...... but do not know the details. As I only come over to the village on match days, I am not privy to the up to date details, other's on here perhaps can update. Both CAFC pubs, wish them well.

Very sad Ken - would be nice to hear from scruffle but he understandably might not feel able to tell all.

On a different note Ken - I think we might finally have some movement soon on the Invicta School memorial project - I will DM you as soon as I get firm news.
  • Options
    Shame, sounded like Scruffle was going to make some improvements for match days.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Blimey. What's going on in there? Scruffle didn't even last to the first game of the season.
  • Options
    In the link above re the repairs in the cellar.
  • Options
    Christ, surely new coolers would've been cheaper!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

£1.5 million for the freehold? That's not bad, you could get a lot of flats on that plot.

Not a bad price for building flats, but prohibitive if you want to keep the only pub in the village.
  • Options
    Tom Hovi said:

Very sad Ken - would be nice to hear from scruffle but he understandably might not feel able to tell all.

On a different note Ken - I think we might finally have some movement soon on the Invicta School memorial project - I will DM you as soon as I get firm news.
    That would be great, One of my Son's trying to get into the service at the moment.
  • Options
    Invicta School memorial project.
    What's that please?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What's that please?

Fire Brigade mate........re :second world war
  • Options
    Hi guys, sadly we saw no other way than just handing the keys back, the pub needs a massive massive investment and had a lot more wrong than we were told, but that's life I guess!! Just frustrated/disappointed as started to make serious in roads with lots of community events. Just feel sorry for those guys really, a lot had never felt welcome in a pub in Charlton before and were having to travel to Greenwich or blackheath.

Was shocked to hear had been taken on by the swan guys but good luck to them, I'm just glad the pub wasn't tinned up by landlords. Now the swan is shut, (and full of squatters??!!) hopefully these guys come in and get some of the building issues sorted and push on a bit.
  • Options
    Sad news @scruffle - Haven't been in this week because I have been busy with a few things. I did though see the pub listed on a few estate agent sites lately. 1.5 million is an awful lot of money.
  • Options

What's that please?

Fire Brigade mate........re :second world war
    cheers.
  • Options
    scruffle said:

Hi guys, sadly we saw no other way than just handing the keys back, the pub needs a massive massive investment and had a lot more wrong than we were told, but that's life I guess!! Just frustrated/disappointed as started to make serious in roads with lots of community events. Just feel sorry for those guys really, a lot had never felt welcome in a pub in Charlton before and were having to travel to Greenwich or blackheath.

Was shocked to hear had been taken on by the swan guys but good luck to them, I'm just glad the pub wasn't tinned up by landlords. Now the swan is shut, (and full of squatters??!!) hopefully these guys come in and get some of the building issues sorted and push on a bit.

Really sorry you weren't able to take the pub forward as it so desperately needed. I'm certainly one of those that drink in Greenwich because the local pubs in Charlton just don't do it for me. White Swan is well and truly barracaded as you can see, so the squatter issue is a real one. Good luck with your other ventures.
  • Options
    The council have ordered that the concrete blocks be removed.
  • Options

The council have ordered that the concrete blocks be removed.

I'm not surprised, they are an accident waiting to happen.

Well & truly barracaded ? I don't think so. A few squatters could move them in 5 minutes.