Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TFI Friday to return!

Channel 4, 12th June.

Man I loved that show. Loaded / Britpop generation personified

Comments

• Maybe this time I'll get on the 'ugly bloke' section.

I was far too handsome and good looking the first time the show was on! :wink:
  • Summer of '96. The Euros and TFI Friday. Venables and Evans could've won an election together.

Me and a mate once got tickets but didn't get in as we were late. Sneaked in a side door and sat in a pre-show bar with the Manics. An awkward five minutes followed as we sat at a table with drummer Shaun Moore as he prepared to go on stage with a beer, while two teenagers stared at him failing to think of something cool to say.
  • edited June 2015
    Just seen the advert.

Loved the show.

Shaun Ryder was a nightmare for a six o'clock airing on live TV.

Evans - 'Shaun, if you don't swear, I will give you my shoes'.

Ryder - 'Patrick Cox, fucking yeah'

Bloke I worked with's sister was the model who ugly people turned down. Think she married Marc Bircham.
  • Actually Jadene Doran was on Don't forget your Toothbrush not TFI
  • Never realised there was as many as 188 episodes

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllll
  • Hope they keep the Ocean Colour Scene music.
  • Freak or unique was genius
  • 15 years after Chris Evans' anarchic chat show TFI Friday ended, it's back for one night only on June 12th. Yesterday Evans revealed the line-up and it includes Brit-poppers for all those viewers nostalgic for the series' late 90s heyday: old rivals Blur and Liam Gallagher.
    Roger Daltrey, Stone Roses and Primal Scream bassist Mani and The Lightening Seeds' Ian Broudie will also be making an appearance, Evans confirmed on

Yesterday he answered the questions of tweeters eager to know whether pub trickster 'Will' (YES), original writer Danny Baker (YES) and the Freak or Unique segment would also be making a comeback (YES YES YES!), and if Samuel L Jackson was cast in Star Wars because of his appearance on TFI Friday (correct, replied Evans).
    The Ocean Colour Scene theme tune will also be heard, and the set crammed with a heckling audience will be "same but different," said Evans. "Bit of an issue. They knocked our old studio down two months ago. D'oh!"
    When TFI Friday launched in 1996, it was broadcast live but that changed when Happy Mondays frontman Shaun Ryder swore repeatedly on air (he's been barred from Channel 4 ever since). The time round it will presumably be pre-recorded before its 9pm broadcast.
  • Gutted it is a one off now.
  • It's your letters! It's your letters !
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be an age thing. I found it childish and amateur.
  • very weird, was watching old episodes on Youtube couple of weeks back and literally cursing where the time has gone.

Great, great era, loved Friday nights then, life was so simple.
  • very weird, was watching old episodes on Youtube couple of weeks back and literally cursing where the time has gone.

Great, great era, loved Friday nights then, life was so simple.
  • Now if they brought The Tube back that would be different, that was my Friday night warm-up show when I were a youngun.
  • Evans past his sellby now afraid, sorry mate
  • 1996 was also the year Soccer AM started I believe (back when it was actually funny)
  • 1996 was also the year Soccer AM started I believe (back when it was actually funny)
  • edited June 2015
    CL is still echoing I see?

TFI. Great show and was it really that long ago?

The Magic Roundabout as a toddler
    Tiswas in my early teens
    TotP in my mid teens
    The Tube in my late teens
    TFI as I hurtled to early middle age

All the T's
  • edited June 2015
    Loved TFI, used to rush home from work to see it. At one point I worked just down the road from the studio and a lad who was renting my other half's place was a lighting technician on the show. Often had to pop down to the pub Friday lunchtime to collect rent off him. Evans, Baker and various pop stars were always in there.

Ugly bloke Del used to be a regular at the rock n roll clubs too.

Riv - you are the same age as me, you need to lighten up mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
  • bump.

tonight, 9pm.

Blur, Shaun Ryder, Liam Gallagher, Roger Daltry, Ian Broudie, Zak Starkey & Jeremy Clarkson.
  • edited June 2015
    Blimey, everyone going on about TFI like it was great. You ain't seen nothing til you've seen Man in Cagoule!
  • Baby Left Baby Right turned out alright then....
  • Baby Left Baby Right turned out alright then....

Brilliant - such memories.what a great show it was.
  • Thought that was great. Hope it comes back for a series now.
  • Thought it was very good but then tailed off - basically from Lewis Hamilton onwards.

For a man who does something fast and dangerous very well, he's very boring.
  • I know this show! I am a fan of Mansun and have a few video clips of them performing live on this show. I've never watched a whole episode though.
  • Fat look alike
  • agree that it tailed off, no need for his mum going round a race track.

the rest of it was pretty good.