Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TFI Friday to return!

2»

Comments

• Watched a bit of it, I think maybe you had to have been in your teens/twenties when it originally aired to get it. Once the nostalgia wares off I'm not sure it would be quite as successful, definitely not if Nick Grimshaw hosted it!
  • Last night's show was a metaphor for the original run of series, brilliant at the start but nosedived at the end.
  • Thought it was very good but then tailed off - basically from Lewis Hamilton onwards.

For a man who does something fast and dangerous very well, he's very boring.

I find him very engaging and interesting - once you get past his tone of voice. Compare him to a lot of the footballers - crikey David Beckham never sets the world on fire in the personality stakes but he makes Lewis Hamilton look like (insert name of someone with big personality).

• razil said:

Evans past his sellby now afraid, sorry mate

Ok.
  • Who's writing it?
  • Who's writing it?

Still Danny Baker
  • cfgs said:

Who's writing it?

Still Danny Baker
    Cheers
  • Thought it was very good but then tailed off - basically from Lewis Hamilton onwards.

For a man who does something fast and dangerous very well, he's very boring.

I find him very engaging and interesting - once you get past his tone of voice. Compare him to a lot of the footballers - crikey David Beckham never sets the world on fire in the personality stakes but he makes Lewis Hamilton look like (insert name of someone with big personality).

Hmm, I'm not so sure.

He likes driving, he liked Ayrton Senna. And, erm....
  • I know this show! I am a fan of Mansun and have a few video clips of them performing live on this show. I've never watched a whole episode though.

Getting off topic here, but 'Six' is one of the best albums in existence.
  • I know this show! I am a fan of Mansun and have a few video clips of them performing live on this show. I've never watched a whole episode though.

Lead man of Mansun - Paul Draper, went to Thames Poly(now Greenwich Uni for the youngsters out there).
  • Sponsored links:

I was a big Mansun fan Jessie. Always gutted that they didn't reform but that was always Chad's decision .

Have you heard the stuff Paul Draper is doing with The Empress?
  • Was ok. Only really think he done it to get himself back in the public eye before starting top gear.
    In fact the part of the show I saw was just a prelude to him starting the job. Clarkson, mum racing round the track, Lewis Hamilton.....
  • Agree. Felt like I was watching his interview for the TG job!
  • Thought it was crap
  • Never used to miss one episode if I could avoid it,

Sky plus last night and thought why the hell did I watch this back then
  • Good to see that Shaun Ryder appears to have sorted himself out.
  • Just watched it. Really good, wish it would come back regularly. I thought Ryder would be a dribbling wreck but he was far straighter than 20 years ago.
  • cfgs said:

Who's writing it?

Still Danny Baker
    Oh dear!
  • Well I enjoyed it! Agree it tailed off a bit towards the end though
  • So it was on at 9pm? Hardly in the spirit of the original idea?
    Didn't see it as I was at work but as stated earlier I found it all very amateurish back when it began. But then I was probably older then than the target audience.
    For my age group, the weekend started with The Tube, which of course back in the early 80's was described as childish and amateur.
  • Sponsored links:

Totally agree. Such a big shame that it didn't do well commercially.
    buckshee said:

I know this show! I am a fan of Mansun and have a few video clips of them performing live on this show. I've never watched a whole episode though.

I was a big Mansun fan Jessie. Always gutted that they didn't reform but that was always Chad's decision .

I still remember how amazed I was when I heard their music for the first time back in 2006. It was Wide Open Space. After that I found all of their three albums on the internet and absolutely loved them. I simply didn't understand why such a great band had already disbanded, well, until I read the stories behind Six and Little Kix. Their albums were quite expensive here in China so I waited till I got a job after graduation to buy all of the CD's I could find, including the Best Of CD+DVD, Kleptomania and a lot of singles. It's a pity that they never released any full live shows on DVD. I could tell they were a great band live from the bootleg videos I downloaded from the internet.

The Empress? I've never heard of that? Or maybe it's The Anchoress?

Totally agree. Such a big shame that it didn't do well commercially.
    buckshee said:

I know this show! I am a fan of Mansun and have a few video clips of them performing live on this show. I've never watched a whole episode though.

I still remember how amazed I was when I heard their music for the first time back in 2006. It was Wide Open Space. After that I found all of their three albums on the internet and absolutely loved them. I simply didn't understand why such a great band had already disbanded, well, until I read the stories behind Six and Little Kix. Their albums were quite expensive here in China so I waited till I got a job after graduation to buy all of the CD's I could find, including the Best Of CD+DVD, Kleptomania and a lot of singles. It's a pity that they never released any full live shows on DVD. I could tell they were a great band live from the bootleg videos I downloaded from the internet.

The Empress? I've never heard of that? Or maybe it's The Anchoress?
    Sorry mind black , yes the Anchoress. Funnily enough recorded just up the road from Charlton in Blackheath. Like I said reading between the lines I get the feeling that Mansun never reformed (and probably split in the first place) because Chad didn't want any involvement . I can really respect PD for this as he could possibly have made quite a bit of money from a reunion.

I did the occasional bit of djing at some London indie nights when wide open space was released and that and stripper vicar always went down brilliantly with the people there.
  • It was very disappointing ...a few good parts but most of it was a bore