Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snake

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread so apologies if someon already suggested this, but there may be a local animal conservation group who could help you out, probably in return for a small donation. A similar group helped my grandad out when a local Badger kept digging up his garden.
  • Options

Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread so apologies if someon already suggested this, but there may be a local animal conservation group who could help you out, probably in return for a small donation. A similar group helped my grandad out when a local Badger kept digging up his garden.

Something similar happened to my granddad with a badger he could not shift. Contacted a local group, they said 'sure' and someone turns up the next week with what we all thought was a flipping shotgun! Not what we wanted at all. Turned out to be some sort of tranquiliser gun instead but that was one hell of a shock.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Something similar happened to my granddad with a badger he could not shift. Contacted a local group, they said 'sure' and someone turns up the next week with what we all thought was a flipping shotgun! Not what we wanted at all. Turned out to be some sort of tranquiliser gun instead but that was one hell of a shock.
    They tranq them so they can box them up and get them in the back of the van and back to the office, it's there that they ring their necks, box them up and sell them to Iceland as ostrich meat
  • Options

thenewbie said:

They tranq them so they can box them up and get them in the back of the van and back to the office, it's there that they ring their necks, box them up and sell them to Iceland as ostrich meat
    And now we know...

• Options
    Get a subtractor in, that should even things up.
  • Options
    Was fruit picking in Australia and would see red backs on a daily basis, same with fitting loft insulation and seeing loads of huntsman. In 12 months only 1 of us got bit, so it's nowhere near a bad as people think.
  • Options

I didn't say hit it over the head I said use the shovel to take its head off

Who is going to find out Paulie, chop it's head off and chuck it in the pond

Better still, put it's torso in a suit case and dump it over Regents Canal.

Snakes are the easiest things to "get rid of"; no limbs, just a head you see.
  • Options
    All this talk of snakes reminds me of a story that happened to me when I had a shop in Grove Park, next to the BR station.

One of the paper boys, Charlie F*ck Face, brought his pet snake into me shop and I had a go at him and told him to go home and put it back in it's tank coz it's cruel, see. Anyway, he went out me shop, only to return about an hour later, looking behind me card racks and fridges, yeah you guessed it, the poxy thing had gone sliver abouts! FFs

But that ain't the end of the story, the bloke who owned the shop across the road called the RSPCA out coz he found the snake in his shop and guess who turned up with the RSPCA bloke......
  • Options
    brogib said:

All this talk of snakes reminds me of a story that happened to me when I had a shop in Grove Park, next to the BR station.

One of the paper boys, Charlie F*ck Face, brought his pet snake into me shop and I had a go at him and told him to go home and put it back in it's tank coz it's cruel, see. Anyway, he went out me shop, only to return about an hour later, looking behind me card racks and fridges, yeah you guessed it, the poxy thing had gone sliver abouts! FFs

But that ain't the end of the story, the bloke who owned the shop across the road called the RSPCA out coz he found the snake in his shop and guess who turned up with the RSPCA bloke......

Terry Nutkins?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

brogib said:

Terry Nutkins?
    Close, but think more Nonce
  • Options
    brogib said:

brogib said:

Terry Nutkins?
    Johnny Morris?
  • Options

brogib said:

brogib said:

Terry Nutkins?
    Johnny Morris?
    Not Morris, Rolf Harris I meant to say.
  • Options
    brogib said:

I didn't say hit it over the head I said use the shovel to take its head off

Who is going to find out Paulie, chop it's head off and chuck it in the pond

Better still, put it's torso in a suit case and dump it over Regents Canal.

Snakes are the easiest things to "get rid of"; no limbs, just a head you see.
    Well you wouldn't want to leave a head like this one sticking out [not for the squeamish]:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chef-cooking-snake-dies-after-4088634
  • Options
    brogib said:

brogib said:

Terry Nutkins?
    Adam Johnson?
  • Options

brogib said:

brogib said:

Terry Nutkins?
    Adam Johnson?
    Had to chuckle at that
  • Options
    Buy her a mongoose
  • Options
    Other brands of bmx are also available.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Why would anyone want to kill a harmless grass snake ?

• Options
    They taste amazing on a has barbie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

It's the human way. Animal causes annoyance = smash its head in.

• Options
    1905 said:

PL54 said:

It's the human way. Animal causes annoyance = smash its head in.

Or cut it off then burn it

• Options
    Stig said:

Even in Australia snakes and spiders are not the horrors that people make them out to be. Sure the brown snake and the funnel web are famed for their lethal ability. But the truth is they are nowhere near as dangerous as the popular folklore makes out. There are many Aussies who love a good story about how dangerous their wildlife is, particularly if it scares the shit out of some pommie visitor. But most Aussies will not know anyone who has suffered a serious bite let alone a fatal one. So before we let these beautiful creatures get demonised any more, lets have a look at some facts:

Snake bites per head of population: Between 3 and 18 per 100,000
    Deaths by snakebite: Roughly 1 per year. Mostly caused by people interfering with the snakes. Mortality rate 0.03 per 100,000 people. A rate similar to caffeine related deaths.
    Spider bite deaths: None since 1981
    Funnel Web bites: 30-40 people per year receive potentially fatal bites but all are given anti-venom and survive.

If we then look at the figures for the UK we see that such creatures are as gentle as puppies.

Spider bites: Of 600 spider species only half a dozen are capable of biting humans. No specific figures as rolled in with other arthropod bites & stings.
    Spider bite deaths: Only one ever, and even that is disputed.
    Snake bites: Approximately 100 per year.
    Deaths by snake bite: None since 1975

I seem to remember someone was killed by a cobra in the Midlands a few years ago.
  • Options

Stig said:

Even in Australia snakes and spiders are not the horrors that people make them out to be. Sure the brown snake and the funnel web are famed for their lethal ability. But the truth is they are nowhere near as dangerous as the popular folklore makes out. There are many Aussies who love a good story about how dangerous their wildlife is, particularly if it scares the shit out of some pommie visitor. But most Aussies will not know anyone who has suffered a serious bite let alone a fatal one. So before we let these beautiful creatures get demonised any more, lets have a look at some facts:

Snake bites per head of population: Between 3 and 18 per 100,000
    Deaths by snakebite: Roughly 1 per year. Mostly caused by people interfering with the snakes. Mortality rate 0.03 per 100,000 people. A rate similar to caffeine related deaths.
    Spider bite deaths: None since 1981
    Funnel Web bites: 30-40 people per year receive potentially fatal bites but all are given anti-venom and survive.

If we then look at the figures for the UK we see that such creatures are as gentle as puppies.

Spider bites: Of 600 spider species only half a dozen are capable of biting humans. No specific figures as rolled in with other arthropod bites & stings.
    Spider bite deaths: Only one ever, and even that is disputed.
    Snake bites: Approximately 100 per year.
    Deaths by snake bite: None since 1975

I seem to remember someone was killed by a cobra in the Midlands a few years ago.
    image ?
  • Options
    Looking at that he was some kind of idiot
  • Options
    We've had a few Grizzly Bears in our back garden over the years - we even made the local paper with a caption something like

"Residents are reminded to remove berry bushes from their property to deter hungry bears from entering built up areas".

Accompanied by a picture of a huge bear happily chomping his way through the cornucopia of berries available all around my garden
  • Options
    I would of fecking hairy bstds
  • Options
    Best way to deal with a Grizzly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Ca6pQL18Y