Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bilic to West Ham

Comments

• Options
    I like West Ham. But I reckon they'll go down next season
  • Options
    edited June 2015

if they do get relegated I honestly think West Ham will have 46 away games, What I mean by that is even their Official home games I think more away fans would turn up than home, West Ham fans will stay away after relegation and away fans will want to go to the Olympic Stadium

One of your finest, ridiculous comments.

I'll eat my hat. I say I'll eat my hat, if Rotherham have more fans at W Ham than W Ham.

I can just see Rotherham taking 25,000 to W Ham FFS.
    and what are the chances of Rotherham still being in The Championship
    I'll eat my hat. I say I'll eat my hat, if Huddersfield take more than 25,000 to W Ham.

Paulie, perhaps you can list all the teams that will be taking more than 20,000 to W Ham ?

Although, of course, you have said, that there will be more away fans, than home, in all their games.
  • Options
    West Ham wont be going down by any stretch of the imagination.

There are a lot worse teams in the division. Of course, there are a lot of better teams too but just cant see them going down.

Newcastle need a massive pre-season and need to get some bodies in. Can see them in bother if they dont. As much as I'd like to see the three teams coming up do well, can see them all going down again.
  • Options
    Can see Norwich being the best of all 3 weirdly.
  • Options
    Really hope West Ham go down. Won't happen though.
  • Options
    I must be the only one of the few on here who actually thinks that Bilic will be a success.

He was a decent footballer who played at the highest level and has also managed at International level. In fact, Croatia lost just eight out of 65 matches with him as Manager winning 65% of the games. He is fluent in German, Italian and English (slightly better than McLaren's Dutch) as well as his native tongue and holds a Law degree to boot. So he isn't a Stuart Pearce either but I bet he could turn into one if necessary.

Or to put it another way - how many of us would be saying the same things about him if RD made him our next Manager?

• Options

I must be the only one of the few on here who actually thinks that Bilic will be a success.

He was a decent footballer who played at the highest level and has also managed at International level. In fact, Croatia lost just eight out of 65 matches with him as Manager winning 65% of the games. He is fluent in German, Italian and English (slightly better than McLaren's Dutch) as well as his native tongue and holds a Law degree to boot. So he isn't a Stuart Pearce either but I bet he could turn into one if necessary.

Or to put it another way - how many of us would be saying the same things about him if RD made him our next Manager?

Not sure that people on here are writing him off as an inevitable failure, think it's more a case of hoping that he will be and looking for reasons to justify that hope. Many on here, myself included, would like to see the Hammers relegated - partly because of their delusional supporters and partly because of the shiny new stadium that the British taxpayer has bought for them.

Bilic is a gamble in that he has no Premier League managerial experience, and is likely to get them playing football the West Ham way (Yawn) - as Big Sam pointed out, it's that way that keeps getting them relegated. I reckon he'll probably match Ronald Koeman's achievements this season, but there's no harm in hoping that he turns out be the next Jacques Santini/Juande Ramos.
  • Options
    Who knows how he will do he has the credentials to do very well ,
  • Options
    He's not done very well as a club manager.
  • Options
    He took Locomotiv Moscow to their lowest ever finish in the league and was nearly lynched by their fans..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He took Locomotiv Moscow to their lowest ever finish in the league and was nearly lynched by their fans..

Yet they love him at Besiktas. Third biggest club in Turkey finishing third and challenging for the title.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Not sure that people on here are writing him off as an inevitable failure, think it's more a case of hoping that he will be and looking for reasons to justify that hope. Many on here, myself included, would like to see the Hammers relegated - partly because of their delusional supporters and partly because of the shiny new stadium that the British taxpayer has bought for them.

Bilic is a gamble in that he has no Premier League managerial experience, and is likely to get them playing football the West Ham way (Yawn) - as Big Sam pointed out, it's that way that keeps getting them relegated. I reckon he'll probably match Ronald Koeman's achievements this season, but there's no harm in hoping that he turns out be the next Jacques Santini/Juande Ramos.
    Ok, Ramos' league record was appalling but let's not forget he actually won a trophy in his time at Spurs so he wasnt all bad.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

Ok, Ramos' league record was appalling but let's not forget he actually won a trophy in his time at Spurs so he wasnt all bad.

Sorry, honestly wasn't deliberately picking on Spurs. Ramos possibly not the best example, what about Christian Gross?!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

Sorry, honestly wasn't deliberately picking on Spurs. Ramos possibly not the best example, what about Christian Gross?!
    Tbh, it doesnt really matter what Spurs manager you pick, does it? Gross or Santini probably pick of the bunch though. Santini only took charge of 4 or 5 games didnt he?!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

Tbh, it doesnt really matter what Spurs manager you pick, does it? Gross or Santini probably pick of the bunch though. Santini only took charge of 4 or 5 games didnt he?!
    My criteria was foreign managers with no previous managerial experience in England who looked like a good idea but weren't - I reckon the 3 Spurs ones I've mentioned fit that bill, I wouldn't include any other Spurs managers on the list though. Felix Magath would have been a decent example, and I suppose Solskjaer going to Cardiff looked like quite a good idea, not too many examples I can think of other than them though.
  • Options

Saw a report on The Olympic Stadium on the news yesterday and the exact words used were, West Ham WILL be playing Premier League football in The Olympic Stadium (Said to the person I was sat next to, would love it if West Ham go down because then they wont be) thinking it could happen now.

Where did you see this report Paulie? On TV? We (the Trust) want to keep track of all media coverage of it, since we remain active on the matter.

it was on TV not sure if it was BBC News or ITV
    I hope the new Mrs Paulie was aware you watched something football related. (:
  • Options
    Linked with Loic Remy
  • Options

Linked with Loic Remy

And Cabaye.
  • Options

2nd place and wins at Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City this season shows he has some tactical nous. Need to improve the home record but the Hammers don't exactly look like relegation candidates at the moment.
  • Options

2nd place and wins at Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City this season shows he has some tactical nous. Need to improve the home record but the Hammers don't exactly look like relegation candidates at the moment.
    Shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    whatever Bilic is doing .. it's working .. and off topic .. Mark Noble, a terrific player .. played for every England age level team .. BUT .. never a full cap .. he's far superior to many muppets who've been given the odd cap or six .. come on Uncle Roy, select 'the boy' before Ireland snap him up .. West 'Am fans reckon he's a right diamond geezer
  • Options

Confirmed apparently.

Poor appointment IMHO, has a reputation built on outwitting Steve McClaren twice which isn't hard.

Watching Match of the Day - they are playing very well.

Got this one wrong so far!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hahaha so many intelligent people on here with such great options and with great predictions. He's playing the west ham way and I bet there won't be many other teams this season that will beat arsenal, Liverpool, man city and Chelsea. You really need to find another target for your hate. West ham will not be relegated this year. Fools. Charlton Life, the gift that just keeps on giving
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Random.
  • Options

Not all of us surely Uncle?
  • Options
    uncle said:

Hahaha so many intelligent people on here with such great options and with great predictions. He's playing the west ham way and I bet there won't be many other teams this season that will beat arsenal, Liverpool, man city and Chelsea. You really need to find another target for your hate. West ham will not be relegated this year. Fools. Charlton Life, the gift that just keeps on giving

No digging from me. Think West Ham on the whole have been very good indeed this season. Long may it continue too. Would be good to see another London club in the thick of it at the business end of the PL, even if it is West Ham ;)

Payet has got to be up for Player of the Year if he keeps playing the way he has been. Will be intereting to see if anyone comes in for him and whether you can keep them at bay.
  • Options
    Payet has been excellent. Surely only a matter of time before a big club like Chelsea or Spurs come along and snap him up.
  • Options

Payet has been excellent. Surely only a matter of time before a big club like Chelsea or Spurs come along and snap him up.

Surely he won't want to sign for a championship club next season!