Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Funniest things you have seen ON the pitch

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]1905:[/cite]Me in goal at Hall Place. I let a back pass, which was travelling at 5 mph (in the days when you could pick it up), through my hands and legs and into the net it rolled.

The ref was expecting a big kick so was running back up the field and had his back to the "action". He had to run back and ask me what had happened. The shame of it................

lolololololololololol

And who was the dashing right back that day who was secretly p*ssing himself, even thought it was about the 4th goal we'd conceded!!

Yep - they were happy days. A game of Sunday morning football and then 5 or 6 pints in the Albert, afternnon kip, and then full on down the Bear followed by curry. Could wake up go to work on Monday and not feel a thing - these days four pints gives me a hangover....

Thats because there is no afternoon kip;-)

Very true. I know that I am going off topic but me and my mate were talking about the madness of the old drinking laws - when you were turfed out at 2 (then 3) and then queuing again at 6 boooooooooo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]1905:[/cite]Me in goal at Hall Place. I let a back pass, which was travelling at 5 mph (in the days when you could pick it up), through my hands and legs and into the net it rolled.

The ref was expecting a big kick so was running back up the field and had his back to the "action". He had to run back and ask me what had happened. The shame of it................

lolololololololololol

And who was the dashing right back that day who was secretly p*ssing himself, even thought it was about the 4th goal we'd conceded!!

Yep - they were happy days. A game of Sunday morning football and then 5 or 6 pints in the Albert, afternnon kip, and then full on down the Bear followed by curry. Could wake up go to work on Monday and not feel a thing - these days four pints gives me a hangover....

And all this after being out on the lash the previous night!
  • Options
    Ralph Milne
  • Options
    Shelveys last free kick!

Hilarious!
  • Options
    I've two from my playing days:

about 12 years ago we were playing a Sunday league match in Danson Park......sloping pitch and a very windy day - I was in goal and took a goal kick that just about made the edge of the box before the wind caught it and blew it back past me and off for a corner !!

Also many years ago my dad was reffing a game for us - we were leading about 8 or 9 to nil and he decide to help out the oppostion......ball came over from their winger and he dived full length and headed past our keeper (who I think may have been Large Addick) to give them a consolation goal !!!
  • Options
    Bryan Hughes's corner for Hull was pretty special
  • Options
    Many years ago, playing for the woodman in bexleyheath, our rightback who had been out the night before on the beer and a curry. He was chasing back when he farted, only to follow through in his shorts the smell was so bad that at the resulting corner, I could smell it when I was on the far post and he on the near. The ref told him to go and change. With that he waddled back to the changing rooms.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Many years ago, playing for the woodman in bexleyheath, our rightback who had been out the night before on the beer and a curry. He was chasing back when he farted, only to follow through in his shorts the smell was so bad that at the resulting corner, I could smell it when I was on the far post and he on the near. The ref told him to go and change. With that he waddled back to the changing rooms.
    I think that might have been my uncle!

He's over next weekend, I'll ask him.
  • Options
    One of ours got done with the old Deep Heat on the jockstrap routine when he left his kit alone in the dressing room before the game. Everyone knew about it and we were just watching and waiting when we kicked off. About 10 mins into the game he starts scratching and pulling at his shorts and I can still see the look on his face as he was trying to work out what was going on. In the end he was waddling around like he was about to give birth and even the oppo were asking what the score with our winger was. He even asked what sort of washing powder the bloke whose turn it was with the kit had used and still didn't twig that it was just him! After about 40 minutes he'd had enough and ran off to the dressing room. To make it worse at half time we find him sitting in the big ole boot washing sink running the cold tap over his knackers.
  • Options
    lol
    poor fucker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At Stamford Bridge, towards the end of the game that Jose said we didn't win (despite us knocking Chelsea out of the Carling Cup that night), Chelsea were attacking and attacking without being able to get the winning goal. We needed to hold on for another 5 minutes or so to take the game to penalties but were supremely under the cosh.
    The ball went out of play and into the Charltob support. Chris Powell came over to collect it. He was signalling to 'slow down' but obviously the ball came back to him a bit quick as when he received it he checked over his shoulder to see where the ref was and then threw it back into the first row!

At Leeds, in their final home game in the Prem we played in a game that looked to be lost but came back through a combination of good play and a penalty. With Leeds on top the 12 year old ballboy was giving it large to the Charlton support. When Jason Euell slotted home our penalty our support taunted him with "Ball boy, ball boy what's the score?"
    He looked like he was going to cry.
  • Options
    A few I can remember -

Upton Park vs Derby I think. Derby keeper leans back on the North Bank hoardings to get extra purchase on goal kick and Charlton lad sneaks up behind him and ever so gently levers him backwards so he falls arse over tit into the terrace which was a couple of feet lower. Comedy Genius.

Upton Park vs Grimsby. Anthony Barness OG from 35 yards out on the touchline in 3-1 defeat. Wasn't happy at the time but it in hindsight it was a comical moment in a comically bad performance in front of a comically bad crowd. A defining moment as an Addick for me.

Valley vs Notts County? Carl Leaburn takes kick on calf from agricultural Centre Half in front of old F block. Lad runs out from Covered End and does exactly the same to said cente half.

The Bryan Hughes 'corner' and the catalogue protest is the only thing that comes close to matching these in recent years.
  • Options
    Played a game once adjacent to the World of Leather (A20 kidbrooke).
    Goalkeeper had been out all night and not returned home.
    Game due to start at 11:00.
    Gaolkeeper all set for KO, when his missis comes running over.
    Starts hitting our keeper and screaming obscenities.
    This is going on for about 5 minutes.
    Referee tries to reason with her that 21 others want to start a game.
    He too gets the full hairdrier also.

Playing for the Vic pub (charlton).
    Governer (Fred) used to let us borrow his transit van.
    The only condition was if we got a pull, not to leave the keys in when we ran off.

Those were the days.
  • Options
    Pre season friendly with Gillingham at Priestfield. Paul Sturgess lumps the ball out of the ground and breaks someone' s bedroom window.
  • Options
    Don't remember now who we were playing but it was at the Valley in the 70's. Charlton were attacking at the South Stand end. Kieth Peacock we thought was failed just inside the box centrally, everyone appealed it looked nailed on. The ball run off inside to the left where a defender thought the Penalty had been given (which it hadn't ). He picked the ball up to protest at the ref and the ref blowed up for hand ball and we got the penalty. Those of us on the East Terrace in line with it all fell about.
  • Options
    Jimmy Bullard's celebration the other week was pretty good, as was the Sottish player who got sent off at the weekend, went to boot something down the tunnel, then completely stacked it !
  • Options
    I liked Lloyd Sam's pinch of the lino's flag on Saturday followed by a snatch back in a camp manner.
  • Options
    One of the funniest 3 minutes I have seen took place in Chinbrook Meadows. I was pushing my young daughter round in a pushchair when the following happened.

Firstly, there was a long ball down the middle, which resulted in the centre half scything down the centre forward. The referee awarded a penalty and sent the offender off. The centre forward got up to take the penalty. The keeper parried and the centre forward followed up. As he rounded the keeper, the keeper took his legs so that there was another penalty. The goalkeeper went mental and was sent off for arguing. The centre forward took the next penalty and struck the woodwork. The replacement goalkeeper made a jibe at the centre forward who had now missed two penalties in two minutes, which resulted in the centre forward taking a swing at the replacement goalkeeper. The referee sent off the centre forward. So, in 2-3 mins, 3 players off and 2 missed penalties. I never did know which teams contested this match.
  • Options
    God thats an old bump. I cant believe i wrote an lol as long as that one above. I sound like a 12 year old... not the mature 30 something i would have been back then. ahem. still a funny story mind.

Actually AFKA.. Marcos story above December 2009 rings a vague drunken bell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Ecuador I saw a timewasting 'keeper run up to take a free kick... Then collapse and roll around on the ground.
  • Options
    Ha, yep. It was you who threw the ball / he through it back to. We were in the front row. Quality night that one
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Mankini at home to Hartlepool the other season was a giggle considering it was a dull Tuesday night in League one
  • Options
    Plymouth away May 1991. A Plymouth fella decides to run across the pitch with the game still going on. A steward gives chase only for another Plymouth bloke to run on the pitch and starts to run after the pair of them. The first fella legs it into the opposite end followed by the other two
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Plymouth away May 1991. A Plymouth fella decides to run across the pitch with the game still going on. A steward gives chase only for another Plymouth bloke to run on the pitch and starts to run after the pair of them. The first fella legs it into the opposite end followed by the other two

The first fella was outside the away end before the game looking for it.
  • Options

Ha, yep. It was you who threw the ball / he through it back to. We were in the front row. Quality night that one

I was in the second row. Think my large gob caused a bit of a scuffle on the way out as well. Tho i was oblivious at the time!

• Options
    An old bouncer friend of mine once tried to drown the oppositions tiniest player by holding him by the ankles and dipping him in a puddle. When I asked him why he explained that the little s--t had been kicking him all day so he warned him what he would do if he tried it again and as you can guess he tried.
    My mate was unsuprisingly sent off and suffered a lengthy ban. As for the little guy he was last seen digging bits of turf out of his mouth.