Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Showing your rude bits on the top of a mountain.

2»

Comments

• Not a big deal really if you ask me. The girl did well!

Just to be serious for a Wee while.
    Sounds like some of the guys urinated in a holy spot on top of the mountain.(on this occasion the guys weren't Brits)
    If foreign tourist were caught doing the same in Whitehall over the cenotaph
    we would be outraged.

This story does show how we think it's 2015 but in parts of the world, Beliefs are from ages past, we forget that at our peril.

The shocking punishment of 1000 lashes and ten years in jail handed out by Saudi Arabia(who Britain love's to brown nose) to the local blogger who just wanted freedom of speech, makes you realise that when Europeans go traveling you could be going by a time tunnel and not just the channel tunnel.

100% correct. If I saw some foreigner peeing on something that we deem to be significant like the cenotaph, I would want them locked up, or if I was there at the time, I would lose it and batter them, I am not a violent person and have never been in a fight, but something like that would make me flip.

Just because people's customs seem crazy and alien to us, doesn't mean that they are less important than the ones we hold.

She wasn't the worst of them, boobs are boobs and the world should be grateful for them, pissing on a holy site is disgusting.
  • When camping in Austria aged about 19......apparently it is illegal for 10 of you to get utterly shitfaced, have a massive fight with some Germans on the camp site and then return at 4am to pick up a tent with 2 Germans in and chuck it in the river.....who'd have thought it!

Bloody EU
  • buckshee said:

buckshee, you're joking right? I'm off to New York tomorrow, and I have'nt worn a vest since I left primary school. Are they likely to check if I'm wearing underpants, or if my socks match? Still, at least I don't own Crystal Palace clothing, as I can't how many vests you'd need to wear to make that aceptable.

Thing is I did it on the shop floor (big shop floor to be fair) and when the woman came over and went into one I said "what if I go to the fitting room" and she then told me it was a hygiene thing. Shame really as the shop I was in was really cheap but this put me off buying anything.
    The extra hygiene requirements put you off?
  • Getting up Kinabalu is a two day job. It's a five hour trek up to 10,500 feet, you then stay overnight in a cabin, and do the last 4,00 feet early the next morning (setting off at 2am) so you can see the sunrise at about 6am. The views are amazing. It is also a busy mountain, with about 200 - 300 hikers summiting each day. The mountain is a very important symbol for the local people (it is the highest peak in south-east Asia), and carries many superstitions.

As always, it is a matter of respect - these people showed none when they removed their clothing and published the images (they may have got away with it had that not happened via Facebook...) - and we also want tourists to the UK to show such respect to our customs and culture.

The sentences were about right, and those involved will not be welcome in Malaysia again.
  • buckshee said:

Got a proper telling off in New York last week for trying a t shirt on without a vest underneath. Illegal apparently , no wonder those yanks wear all that baggy clobber , only way to make sure it ain't too small if you can't try it on.

Quite right as well.
  • buckshee said:

Got a proper telling off in New York last week for trying a t shirt on without a vest underneath. Illegal apparently , no wonder those yanks wear all that baggy clobber , only way to make sure it ain't too small if you can't try it on.

Quite right as well.
    To be fair we've witnessed some pretty bad BO out there so I can kind of understand if.
  • BO Is one of the last Great Taboo's.
    Not good honest sweat from grafting.
    But the stink that makes you want to heave.
    I would create a job where a BO warden can issue a ticket and if 24 hours later you don't smell Nice, you are kept under house arrest until you come clean,
    Or put through a car wash.
    I'm not talking the Odd fart which is acceptable in moderation ?(don't try this after a hot curry)
    The 24/7 BO stinkpits who are oblivious to the pollution they are causing.

I'm not just called SOAPboxsam because i'm Gobby. (it's the main reason thou !)

• What has happened to this place? Why are so many threads descending into total nonsense?
  • Pedro45 said:

Getting up Kinabalu is a two day job. It's a five hour trek up to 10,500 feet, you then stay overnight in a cabin, and do the last 4,000 feet early the next morning (setting off at 2am) so you can see the sunrise at about 6am. The views are amazing. It is also a busy mountain, with about 200 - 300 hikers summiting each day. The mountain is a very important symbol for the local people (it is the highest peak in south-east Asia), and carries many superstitions.

As always, it is a matter of respect - these people showed none when they removed their clothing and published the images (they may have got away with it had that not happened via Facebook...) - and we also want tourists to the UK to show such respect to our customs and culture.

The sentences were about right, and those involved will not be welcome in Malaysia again.

This 100%. Don't try climbing Kinabalu if you aren't fit. If you need a leak do it discretely FFS.
  • edited June 2015
    Coincidently Ive been to Kinabalu, I looked up at the peak but sadly didn't get to see any boobs, got a nice refreshing shower though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

Coincidently Ive been to Kinabalu, I looked up at the peak but sadly didn't get to see any boobs, got a nice refreshing shower though!

Was that shower outside... Cos if so it may not have been rain