Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marko Dmitrović

Marko Dmitrović is set for action on Wednesday evening as Serbia begin their UEFA European U21 Championship campaign against Germany (7.45pm)
Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-marko-dmitrovic-uefa-u21-championship-european-serbia-germany

Comments

• Options
    How is he only 23? He has the hairline of a 58 year old
  • Options

My hairline is better than that thank you
  • Options
    Exciting prospect, nightmare barnet.
  • Options

As 58 year old, I bet he don't ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015

HA

HA

HA

HA

HA

Serbian life is probably more stressful than some of ours.

• Options
    Why the obsession with his hair ? Bit girly ?
  • Options

Why the obsession with his hair ? Bit girly ?

He should ask paulie for some tips

• Options
    He's got more hair than I had at his age. #egghead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GlassHalfFull will tell you what a lovely guy is Marko.

They sat together at last season's Sponsorship dinner and hardly stopped talking all evening.
  • Options

GlassHalfFull will tell you what a lovely guy is Marko.

They sat together at last season's Sponsorship dinner and hardly stopped talking all evening.

Does my wife need to buy a new hat ?

• Options

Ahem - we are Charlton, not Brighton ....
  • Options

Thanks, FF

Marko certainly is a great bloke, very anxious to make the most of his time in London. And in case it might be thought he was just being polite at the sponsors' dinner, a few days later at PoTY he spotted me some distance across the room and made a point of immediately coming over to say hello.

He has never been to Wembley, so unless his Charlton career is of Bartramesque proportions, his best chance will be as a spectator and he has agreed to join us as our guest at one of England's home EC qualifiers in the autumn.

Or Ilicesque proportions. You never know....
  • Options
    That's good to hear GHF, none of this billy big bollocks malarky. And fair play inviting him as your guest to Wembley.
  • Options

That's good to hear GHF, none of this billy big bollocks malarky. And fair play inviting him as your guest to Wembley.

Marko is a very approachable and down to earth young guy, as is JBG whose company we enjoyed at PoTY. Whatever the future holds in their careers we can only hope that they will look back on their time as an Addick with affection and respect.
  • Options
    Says on Wiki that he's 6ft 4".......is that right? (didn't seem that tall to me).
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Says on Wiki that he's 6ft 4".......is that right? (didn't seem that tall to me).

Definitely

• Options
    Bit of a double edged sword, if he really is any good he wont want to be stuck on bench all year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

Bit of a double edged sword, if he really is any good he wont want to be stuck on bench all year

He won't be with Hendo's injuries.
  • Options
    Talal said:

redman said:

He won't be with Hendo's injuries.
    And Guy seems to like a bit of rotation

• Options
    Now playing in la liga for Eibar (assume its the same one). Seem to recall a few people on here being surprised when we let him go, looks like they were right.

"Torres then put Atletico in front, collecting Diego Costa's through ball and clipping round Eibar keeper Marko Dmitrovic."
  • Options
    drewman said:

Now playing in la liga for Eibar (assume its the same one). Seem to recall a few people on here being surprised when we let him go, looks like they were right.

"Torres then put Atletico in front, collecting Diego Costa's through ball and clipping round Eibar keeper Marko Dmitrovic."

Yes but we had Henderson, Pope, Mitov as well as Dmitrovic. Now we have just Phillips - who has the grand total of 8 League appearances to his name.
  • Options

Seems that Marko is one of those few that was a good signing (along with Gudmundsson | Bulot | Buyens etc.)

Unfortunately he was just signed at the wrong time when we didnt need another Goalkeeper!!

Which was exactly the same problem with Thuram.

:wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Stig said:

Seems that Marko is one of those few that was a good signing (along with Gudmundsson | Bulot | Buyens etc.)

Unfortunately he was just signed at the wrong time when we didnt need another Goalkeeper!!

Which was exactly the same problem with Thuram.

:wink:
    Yes... Of course... ;)
  • Options
    Well if the network, and the management of CAFC within it, had worked properly, Marko could have done a year with Alcorcon and returned to us with more experience.

Having watched him out here in the Euro U21s, frequently being the only serious defence against utter humiliation of his country, I'm one of his big fans.
  • Options
    He made a couple of decent saves with us and i've sort of followed his career at Eibar. He is certainly shaping up to be a very decent keeper