Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ravel Morrison

Comments

• Options
    To be fair there is absolutely no doubting his ability - he has SO much potential.

The question is whether someone can sort his head out.

Maybe there's a job for Jacko there.....get Morrison into our mindset and we could have a brilliant player.
  • Options
    Attacking threat of Morrison, JBG, Bulot, Watt and Igor would be very exciting imo
  • Options
    Forgot about Bulot...

---------Hendo
    Solly - *NEW* - *NEW* - *NEW*
    --------Cousins
    JBG------------------Bulot
    -------Morrisson
    ------Igor - Watt

Would score hatfulls
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    CAFCsayer said:

Forgot about Bulot...

---------Hendo
    Solly - *NEW* - *NEW* - *NEW*
    --------Cousins1
    JBG------------------Bulot
    -------Morrisson
    ------Igor - Watt

Would score hatfulls

Would concede even more!
  • Options
    Definitely with three Defenders missing ;)
  • Options
    Allowing him to leave Manchester United, manager Sir Alex Ferguson told West Ham manager, Sam Allardyce of Morrison, "A brilliant footballer. Brilliant ability. Top class ability. Needs to get away from Manchester and start a new life".

West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce said of Morrison in September 2014, “It’s not that he has to impress me as a footballer, we know about his talent. It’s about playing the talent and himself to a disciplined life in general, is what needs to happen with Rav. If that happens we’d want him here.”
  • Options
    More concerned that he is no-where near as good as he thinks he is..../
  • Options

this .. 'Morrison is a boy wonder' .. strictly an urban myth .. or a publicity campaign orchestrated by his agent or perhaps by his old mum
  • Options

I thought RM had been accused of a few things but nothing came to fruition... i.e. no sentences were handed out?

He got cautioned for assaulting his mum. Later, he got a referral order with costs for the intimidation case which I believe he admitted and later still, his girlfriend of the time would not give evidence against him for assault charges which were dropped although he was found guilty of a minor charge of criminal damage and was fined with costs. Then later still he was fined £7k for homophobic abuse. The latter matter was an FA fine rather than a court fine I believe.

In one of the cases his wages as a 17 year old on a pro contract at United were disclosed as £3400 after tax per MONTH. Not a king's ransom for someone Fergie said was as good or better than Scholes at the same age. That sort of shines a light on the wages for young guns rumours we get in relation to the Poyets and Gomezes of this world although at the time Ravel had not been playing in the championship.
  • Options
    Didn't he fail to turn up half the time at West Ham and QPR.

Wouldn't work.out well IMHO, don't think I'd bother, with the trouble he'd be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

this .. 'Morrison is a boy wonder' .. strictly an urban myth .. or a publicity campaign orchestrated by his agent or perhaps by his old mum
    Seen loads of people say he was better than Pogba in the same youth teams.

He's now worth £60m - shame Morrison is a waster.
  • Options
    The goal he scored against Spurs when he ran through their entire team was fantastic... Unfortunately his career has been too disrupted but is a sign of what he could do
  • Options
    Worth a punt for me.
  • Options
    At championship level a 50% interested RM would be more creative than any other player in that division, worth a punt on 1/2 year contract.

Build a midfield with runners around him and let him play in the final third behind TW or Igor.

Roly type of player small outlay potential huge payback, could be genuine interest.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Apparently we are keen on him. Surprises me, but on pretty good authority.

Source?
  • Options
    I very much doubt there is anything in this to be honest.
  • Options
    Nile Ranger is available to...
  • Options

At championship level a 50% interested RM would be more creative than any other player in that division, worth a punt on 1/2 year contract.

Build a midfield with runners around him and let him play in the final third behind TW or Igor.

Roly type of player small outlay potential huge payback, could be genuine interest.

JBG is pretty creative and very talented. The two of them would be great to watch.
  • Options
    I would take the risk and sign deffinatly worth the risk is a class player for this league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    We need to look at these sort of players, but be confident he joins with the right attitude. For him, it would represent a great opportunity to get his career back on track.
  • Options
    I don't think we have the leadership to be able to handle him to be honest. Jackson is a great captain for us but I don't think he is a big enough name that Ravel would look up to. If Alex Ferguson struggled with him I don't see how a fairly inexperienced manager who isn't fluent in English would keep him under wraps either.

I imagine someone like Villa with Sherwood would feel they could "put their shoulder around him" and take a shot.
  • Options
    I'd take him, if he can get his head down and stay out of trouble, he would be a top player.
  • Options
    A "Robin Friday" Character
  • Options

We need to look at these sort of players, but be confident he joins with the right attitude. For him, it would represent a great opportunity to get his career back on track.

The main problem is that he was on about £15000 a week at West Ham and wanted £30000 a week after going to QPR on loan.
    I imagine he is above our wage level and for that reason I dont believe the rumour
  • Options
    No thanks
  • Options
    Definitely worth a punt.
  • Options

I don't think we have the leadership to be able to handle him to be honest. Jackson is a great captain for us but I don't think he is a big enough name that Ravel would look up to. If Alex Ferguson struggled with him I don't see how a fairly inexperienced manager who isn't fluent in English would keep him under wraps either.

I imagine someone like Villa with Sherwood would feel they could "put their shoulder around him" and take a shot.

Jacko's done more with his career than Morrison, and definitely has the balls to put him right in his place.
  • Options

Violence against women and homophobia no problem for you then? Fair enough if that's your position or indeed if you'd forgive past indiscretions. He's still young after all.

Not digging you out personally but I detect a bit of hypocrisy from our fan base on the merest sniff of a talented possible signing. I think it shows our desperation for some positive news on that front. Fergie moved him on despite thinking he is a top talent which is a definite warning sign. I don't reckon he did that just because the young man was a poor and unenthusiastic trainer (which reportedly he was).

Think I've said enough on the subject.
  • Options
    Shame we dont have Wilson / Johnson around anymore, am sure they'd help Jackson getting Morrison into gear if he messed around (i.e. like Ajdaravic last season)