Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ravel Morrison

Comments

• Options

We need to look at these sort of players, but be confident he joins with the right attitude. For him, it would represent a great opportunity to get his career back on track.

Violence against women and homophobia no problem for you then? Fair enough if that's your position or indeed if you'd forgive past indiscretions. He's still young after all.

Not digging you out personally but I detect a bit of hypocrisy from our fan base on the merest sniff of a talented possible signing. I think it shows our desperation for some positive news on that front. Fergie moved him on despite thinking he is a top talent which is a definite warning sign. I don't reckon he did that just because the young man was a poor and unenthusiastic trainer (which reportedly he was).

Think I've said enough on the subject.
    Fergie also moved on Jaap Stam and Pogba.

The charges against Morrison for violence were dropped. Now whether that makes the claims untrue I do not know.
  • Options
    And Beckham!

I understand, allegedly, that the only two cases that were dropped were the cases of alleged assault when the alleged victim being his girlfriend refused to testify. At the time he had a previous conviction for threatening a witness in relation to a mugging and had been cautioned for violence against his mum. Its not pretty CV. But "DYOR" as the share traders always say.
  • Options

We need to look at these sort of players, but be confident he joins with the right attitude. For him, it would represent a great opportunity to get his career back on track.

Violence against women and homophobia no problem for you then? Fair enough if that's your position or indeed if you'd forgive past indiscretions. He's still young after all.

Not digging you out personally but I detect a bit of hypocrisy from our fan base on the merest sniff of a talented possible signing. I think it shows our desperation for some positive news on that front. Fergie moved him on despite thinking he is a top talent which is a definite warning sign. I don't reckon he did that just because the young man was a poor and unenthusiastic trainer (which reportedly he was).

Fergie also moved on Jaap Stam and Pogba.

The charges against Morrison for violence were dropped. Now whether that makes the claims untrue I do not know.
    Ferguson 'moved on' lots of players during his long tenure at the 'Red Devils' including Beckham, Keane, Schmeichel, Butt, Yorke etc. etc. .. some through old age, knackeredness, loss of form, loss of appetite for the game, some who got too big for their boots, and, I am sure, some because they were/are complete dirt bags .. I know which category I would put Morrison in
  • Options
    remember him being all fart and no s*** for qpr against us recently
  • Options
    History is against him. They said he was the best prospect to come through the United academy in years and he would be better than Paul Scholes. But it didn't work out so he moved to West Ham, where he was destined to rediscover his spark and be in the England squad by the end of the year. But it didn't work out so he went to QPR, where everyone said he would piss the Championship and show everyone up. But even that didn't work. They didn't fancy him at Cardiff either. There comes a point where a player just isn't going to make it
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    i think this would be a fantastic signing.
  • Options
    Keen on him to do what?
    He's already proved he can't hack it as a pro footballer, 4 clubs and f all to show for it apart from a rep for trouble.
    No thanks
  • Options

I have a big problem with it, but I don't think he has been convicted of anything so I cant comment on things I don't know about. No question he has attitude issues, just saying if I was manager I'd check how much he had grown up and consider him. If I thought he was a woman beater etc... I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
  • Options
    Tony Watt had a reputation for trouble....

Roger Johnson had a reputation for trouble....

Offer him a pay-as-you-play deal and see what comes of it. JBG, Gudmundsson, Morrison, Watt - now that's an exciting attacking line up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

A "Robin Friday" Character

Brilliant book, I think it was called the greatest footballer you never heard of

Ravel wouldn't be any good here, brilliant player but wouldn't be watched or supported to ensure he didn't mess up and I don't think any club should have to do that for any player
    This isn't a kid it's a grown man who is responsible for his own path,

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Tony Watt had a reputation for trouble....

Roger Johnson had a reputation for trouble....

Offer him a pay-as-you-play deal and see what comes of it. JBG, Gudmundsson, Morrison, Watt - now that's an exciting attacking line up

on both wings?
  • Options
    Will never happen, doubt we could match his wage demands.
  • Options
    The English Mario Ballotelli, minus any of the roguish charm. No thanks.
  • Options
    luke1 said:

Will never happen, doubt we could match his wage demands.

This is almost certainly true unless he has reduced his wage demands drastically or is desperate to get a new club
  • Options

Also without the English and Italian league medals, full caps and major tournament experience.
  • Options
    The boy who's been playing for Utd, West Ham & Lazio - trying to negotiate a contract with RD. Love to see this negotiation unfold, probably last as long as RD's with Powell..
  • Options

shirty5 said:

A "Robin Friday" Character

Brilliant book, I think it was called the greatest footballer you never heard of

Ravel wouldn't be any good here, brilliant player but wouldn't be watched or supported to ensure he didn't mess up and I don't think any club should have to do that for any player
    This isn't a kid it's a grown man who is responsible for his own path,

Guardian Football Weekly was replaced with a Robin Friday feature this week. Very interesting must get the book
  • Options
    I think that was the title, cracking book would have loved to have seen him play
  • Options
    Im sure I heard somewhere that theres a film coming out about Robin Friday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Im sure I heard somewhere that theres a film coming out about Robin Friday

Yep:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-32720391
  • Options

shine166 said:

Sign him up, people could argue that Bowyer was a knobhead back in the day, but he was still a great player

At least he was OUR knobhead.

So would Rm be ......
  • Options
    Where has this rumour actually come from?
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks Ravel Morrison will sign for us is utterly delusional
  • Options
    Can't see it. Despite his "history" there will still be a queue of clubs willing to take him on. Most of whom will be willing to pay more than us. If it was ever a live rumour I think it's dead in the water tbh.
  • Options

Also without the English and Italian league medals, full caps and major tournament experience.
    Well obviously.... I did say he was English.

• Options
    A couple of years ago I met RF's ex working in a pub in Caversham and spent half an hour chatting. Lovely lady, petite, still attractive, must have been a stunner in her day. Very supportive of him, blamed the drugs on his downfall despite him being a big boozer. I hope she has an input into his bio and perhaps gets some money out of it.
  • Options

Him and Tony Watt together..........brilliant or an accident/disrepute charge waiting to happen?!

Charge sheet waiting to happen
  • Options
    If he wasn't such a prize a bellend I'd say sign him up in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I think he's gonna end up like that demontagnec or whatever his name is, going from club to club in the lower leagues thinking he's an untouchable gangsta.